Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

That was enough for me. I had actually figured it out and never posted the picture because I figured I was wrong. I have a pretty good idea on where and how big now. Will post a picture tonight.

I think the southern tip of the coaster is going to be at the tree line next to the power lines. That section where the coaster goes around something just above the zone 3 text is next to the turn on Diamondback.

The section lines between 1A and 1B plus the line between 2 and 3 are the train tracks.

• Like 3

Was it something legit, or just your guess?

They looked like more detailed plans for the ride, but I removed the link because we don't know who uploaded the video or how the plans were obtained.

I saw the plans that are on youtube by the 1972 guy that have the details of the footers and the section where the tracks meet. But I didn't see any location identifying info there. Unless I just missed something completely. 

Lol. There will be no eating alive. I just like to examine all information as long as it's available- hypothetical, theoretical, or otherwise. I'll keep a closer eye on updates to the thread in the future. Wouldn't want to miss anything.

Yeah, thats the vid I was looking at. It's a copy of the plans that we've seen on here, except it actually shows the detail drawings. After watching it again, it did have some location info in it, but it was park x/y coords. I don't know where to find the info for that system and didn't see it on the plans. The only thing I was able to determine is that the small coaster layout we've seen is largely in the correct orientation based on the coordinates. Now if we just knew the base for the park x/y system we could plot the exact location and sizing. Maybe kenban has access to that info and thats what he's working on. 

• Like 2

Sorry to disappoint on the coordinates front.  I did not use them at all.  I made sure north was the same on both the layout and the map then started scaling it so it would not hit as little as possible and tried to get it to cover the areas which we know are being cleared.  So frankly I could be wrong.  But I have the orientation correct so either I totally screwed up the scale or I am close.

nnm8hs.jpg

I saw a line of stakes down the banks where I show the ride crossing the water.  Several of the zone lines appear to line up with the train tracks.  The section where the two sides are together are where it crosses WWC.  The two boxes on this section of track are where it crosses the WWC line.  The sections of track where the lines are farther apart is likely the sections where the airtime hills are.  These line up with the train tracks and maintenance road.  So is this actually correct?  No clue, sorry.

• Like 8

I don't think this will be a launch coaster.  Upon looking at that first turn on what appears to be the lift (I think its too short of a straight away for a launch given its length), it starts out at a small turn radius and gets wider as it progresses.  That to me is a tell tale sign of a first drop GCI style and with the supports around the lift, the track after the first drop will go above the lift. 

And yes, I think it'll be a GCI.  

• Like 5

If KI goes for the most airtime on a wood coaster, I'd be down with that. B)

That could be a pretty tough record to break...but that would be amazing. Fastest could be a pretty tough one... especially if LR is going faster than planned as it has been rumored.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I don't think this will be a launch coaster. Upon looking at that first turn on what appears to be the lift (I think its too short of a straight away for a launch given its length), it starts out at a small turn radius and gets wider as it progresses. That to me is a tell tale sign of a first drop GCI style and with the supports around the lift, the track after the first drop will go above the lift.

And yes, I think it'll be a GCI.

Unless it's a launch like on Lightning Rod

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ladies and Gentlemen: the Picnic Coaster!  :lol:

(Sorry if that's a rerun)... couldn't resist...

Oops... might help if I actually include the silly picture . . .

Picnic.png

Meanwhile, it would be kinda neat to have that part of the park open up some more. I love the new look of the Grove, but for it to become something of a midway, with a new coaster entry adjacent to it would improve the feeling of "no man's land" between the wet and dry parks, imho.

• Like 28