Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Ladies and Gentlemen: the Picnic Coaster!  :lol:

(Sorry if that's a rerun)... couldn't resist...

Oops... might help if I actually include the silly picture . . .

Picnic.png

Meanwhile, it would be kinda neat to have that part of the park open up some more. I love the new look of the Grove, but for it to become something of a midway, with a new coaster entry adjacent to it would improve the feeling of "no man's land" between the wet and dry parks, imho.

Really with the green Intamin track? Lol

• Like 12

^ Where exactly are they putting the statue of Don? ^_^

It goes in the center of that turnaround down at the bottom of the pic :)

I'm really buying what you're selling here, Kenban. The zones divided by the railroad track makes a lot of sense.

I thought the statue was replacing the Eiffel Tower. Never mind about that...?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Sorry to disappoint on the coordinates front.  I did not use them at all.  I made sure north was the same on both the layout and the map then started scaling it so it would not hit as little as possible and tried to get it to cover the areas which we know are being cleared.  So frankly I could be wrong.  But I have the orientation correct so either I totally screwed up the scale or I am close.

I saw a line of stakes down the banks where I show the ride crossing the water.  Several of the zone lines appear to line up with the train tracks.  The section where the two sides are together are where it crosses WWC.  The two boxes on this section of track are where it crosses the WWC line.  The sections of track where the lines are farther apart is likely the sections where the airtime hills are.  These line up with the train tracks and maintenance road.  So is this actually correct?  No clue, sorry.

My biggest issue with that location is that the lower "split" in that location occurs over top of a big loop on WWC. Use the bing bird's eye view to see it better. It was taken in the winter so everything is more visible. That doesn't mean it can't be done. I just think it means a lot of support and I'm not sure they'd do that. 

I do agree that the orientation is right. I really wish I would have saved those coordinates and then be able to decipher them. lol

I hate to say it, but the layout going under the bridge "fits" everywhere, but going under Diamondback. I think it "may" be able to fish through the supports but its close everywhere. Then would they even want to? The layout even fits with where there was some clearing over there. It would be on the ground that whole end of the ride explaining why there are no elevated supports showing on the digram. I think the two boxes in zone 2 may be a tunnel under the WWC queue. But all of this depends on it being able to fish through the Diamondback supports. 

Heres my latest. It is square with true north. 

27399435470_546ee2a5c7_b.jpg

Feel free to rip it to shreds. lol

• Like 1

I'm picturing an RMC with Blue and Green track that pays tribute to the trains and it being called the General. This is not a likely thing to happen but I think it would be cool to theme it to the KI&MVRR

KI seems to be showing a lot of train pics even when they're not hinting #KIPROJECT2017. The trains could indeed play a role in the theming. 

• Like 2

Also, It is important to follow the clearing of land and placing of the markers to get a close to correct positioning of the layout. There are two markers along the train tracks before it turns right to make the last stretch into the Soak City station. That positioning of the layout doesn't follow where the markers are placed.

I'm really buying what you're selling here, Kenban. The zones divided by the railroad track makes a lot of sense.

Where would the elevator go?

• Like 2

Also, It is important to follow the positioning of the layout. There are two markers along the train tracks before it turns right to make the last stretch into the Soak City station. That positioning of the layout doesn't follow where the markers are placed.

There are markers in a lot of places. They could mean a lot of things. Not all are track locations. No way the layout that has been seen hits all of the markers. 

Where would the elevator go?

Up.

Tb, obliged.

• Like 11

^Something I've thought for a while due to that is that either a)KI will get 2 coasters (less likely) or

B) A whole area expansion (as many people have already said).

The second option seems much more likely (Still very unlikely though). I would absolutely love to get a new GCI (or RMC) and a bunch of flats! KI needs some flats, and it would make people doubly happy to add them with a coaster at the same time!

I don't think this will happen, but it's been in the back of my mind bugging me since we've seen the layout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Remember the park teased with the two things are leaving last summer with pics of Racer. Those hints delivered nothing to do with Racer. Maybe you need to look deeper at the hint, or possible distraction.

When I think picnic, I think picnic basket. Picnic basket makes me think of Yogi Bear. Maybe we could have another throwback themed attraction.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Well, its been nice decoding, but a leak on YouTube shows RMC footers. The video has since been taken down.

Uh...RMC and GCI footings are going to look similar.  

Until we get an announcement or see the steel beams used for the Iron Horse or Topper Track (whichever comes first), all we can do is speculate. 

• Like 3

Well, its been nice decoding, but a leak on YouTube shows RMC footers. The video has since been taken down.

Uh...RMC and GCI footings are going to look similar.

Until we get an announcement or see the steel beams used for the Iron Horse or Topper Track (whichever comes first), all we can do is speculate.

Ummmm must be that darn common core math again??

3a220be8620ccd4d945a04b174655096.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10