Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Still kinda lost here. I missed the video leak but how do we know it's RMC now?

Blueprints were leaked to YouTube.

The plans showed a top down view, with what appeared to be RMC footers, as well as steel ties were indicated.

Where can I find this video or has it been completely removed already?

• Like 1

This is some kind of faux movie trailer someone made in iMovie.

There are a couple shots of plans at the :15 second mark. Not much though.

If these plans are available to the GP thru the city planning office, why haven't we seen more of them?

Back to google searching.

https://youtu.be/fv3LreHKZB8

I've wondered the same thing. I don't doubt the validity of the plans we've seen, though.

My guess is that, on this site especially, people are more sensitive to the park's desires and want to respect the park's supposed wishes. I say supposed because nobody from the park has (at least publicly, that I've seen) requested that the information that is public record not be disseminated. That mindset seems to be prominent on KIC. There's nothing wrong with that mindset.

Unless Mason prohibits publishing plans obtained through their office, I see nothing 'wrong' with doing so outside of personal views on respect for the park and its management.

• Like 5

If these plans are available to the GP thru the city planning office, why haven't we seen more of them?

I've wondered the same thing. I don't doubt the validity of the plans we've seen, though.

My guess is that, on this site especially, people are more sensitive to the park's desires and want to respect the park's supposed wishes. I say supposed because nobody from the park has (at least publicly, that I've seen) requested that the information that is public record not be disseminated. That mindset seems to be prominent on KIC. There's nothing wrong with that mindset.

Unless Mason prohibits publishing plans obtained through their office, I see nothing 'wrong' with doing so outside of personal views on respect for the park and its management.

Except I believe the person who runs Kings Island Expo is also a member here as I have seen pictures taken by said person appear here and on the KIE Facebook page simultaneously.

• Like 1

Except I believe the person who runs Kings Island Expo is also a member here as I have seen pictures taken by said person appear here and on the KIE Facebook page simultaneously.

I see no exception, really. What is posted on KIE (and not here) does not have to comply with KIC's terms or the 'culture' of these forums.

If I ran a site (or podcast etc) focused on amusement parks (or even just one park) and I had access to the entirety of the plans, and it wasn't illegal to share them, I probably would. Would I do that here? No, because it's counter to the culture here.

• Like 3

The coordinates for the footings in the shaded area are at the 56 second mark in that youtube video.

I see how Oldschool75 thought the coordinates were fake. I still have not figured out the correct conversion method.

They are real. You just have to figure out some missing variables. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

So, now that it's likely our new coaster will be wooden, anyone on here know where that awesome bright green B&M track is going?*

Also, this is my 2000th post (que airhorns!  :P)

*If the location has already been previously been disclosed on this thread, I apologize; I haven't kept up as much with the Decoding 2017 thread as I have in the past*

• Like 4

I'm just adding my guess. I think it will be a RMC Coaster. I think with Kentucky Kingdom getting one and its a really good ride that 1st drop is amazing!!

I think Kings Island getting one would be really good for the Park. I think someone said something about it being themed around the Trains. I think that would be really cool and different. I had really hoped for a Giga Coaster. But this looks like it could really do the Park some good for next season!!

• Like 2

I'm just adding my guess. I think it will be a RMC Coaster. I think with Kentucky Kingdom getting one and its a really good ride that 1st drop is amazing!!

I think Kings Island getting one would be really good for the Park. I think someone said something about it being themed around the Trains. I think that would be really cool and different. I had really hoped for a Giga Coaster. But this looks like it could really do the Park some good for next season!!

Hmmm...interesting to note that several folks have mentioned Kentucky Kingdom on this thread, yet on that park's thread, it was suggested that Kings Island barely recognizes the park exists...

• Like 3

Hmmm...interesting to note that several folks have mentioned Kentucky Kingdom on this thread, yet on that park's thread, it was suggested that Kings Island barely recognizes the park exists...
  • Like 1

Does the footie configuration rule this out?

torotour05.jpg

While I'd be tickled if it was an El Toro clone or even an Intamin woodie, the footers to suggest something else. 

Did I miss something? I thought the footer diagram made it pretty clear it was a GCI style tie and not an RMC. Or did I decode incorrectly? again....

Counting the chickens before...

in 2013, people were saying it was an Intamin even though the footers being poured were clearly B&M style footers. While companies can change their methods, they usually don't copy their competitors exactly. 

• Like 3

I'm a Platinum Pass holder for Cedar Fair.

Live in Columbus,In. Been going to Kings Island since 79. IMO adding a RMC after Kentucky Kingdom has makes sense to me.

I will go to Kentucky Kingdom maybe once a season. I was lucky and was invited to attend media day for Storm Chaser. Great Ride and the only park within a 2 hour drive with a RMC Coaster. I know those have been the craze for like 5 yrs now. Kings Island adds one? I have no reason to visit Kentucky Kingdom anymore. Also that's been my only visit there since they reopened. I've not even rode Lightning Run yet. Just my guess,no Giga? I would love to see a RMC.

• Like 4

I'm a Platinum Pass holder for Cedar Fair.

Live in Columbus,In. Been going to Kings Island since 79. IMO adding a RMC after Kentucky Kingdom has makes sense to me.

I will go to Kentucky Kingdom maybe once a season. I was lucky and was invited to attend media day for Storm Chaser. Great Ride and the only park within a 2 hour drive with a RMC Coaster. I know those have been the craze for like 5 yrs now. Kings Island adds one? I have no reason to visit Kentucky Kingdom anymore. Also that's been my only visit there since they reopened. I've not even rode Lightning Run yet. Just my guess,no Giga? I would love to see a RMC.

• Like 1

Images of the super-strength, semi-monolithic fasteners can only serve to unleash hints of Cedar Fair's underlying, compelling methodologies. While Cedar Fair and subordinate Kings Island hierarchical operatives (corporate as well as management-level ideation pros) objectively synergize flexible alignments. With forward-looking flair, the team has shown, since Diamondback, that they can efficiently synthesize evermore-coherent meta-services and  continually aggregate backward-compatible initiatives. Banshee introduced an unveiling of their competitively-driven desire to distinctively promote dynamic products, and to continually reconceptualize out-of-the-box rider-experience models. As innovators move passionately to progressively implement more "elastic" materials (whether organic or composite) -the "clicks-and-mortar" mindshare, if you're so inclined ... these slowly-revealed, much-anticipated marvels of entertaining engineering will continue to morph leading-edge initiatives! Records are meant to be shattered, but not always...

I have worked in the corporate offices of multiple companies in the Fortune 50...that is about the best buzzword mumbjo jumbo I think I have ever heard/read.

Thank you! I just threw about seven or eight familiar words into a corporate BS generator, and it spit out this surprisingly cogent paragraph.

B)

• Like 6

Be that as it may, Cedar Fair would be wise not to ignore competition, no matter the size.  I would conjecture that the bean counters have noticed some lost revenue from HW, KK and probably even DW. 

On another note, specifically RMC--I had read an interview with Mr. Ouimet where he stated he would be open to working with this company.  Regardless, I am looking forward to Project 2017, whatever it ends up being.

• Like 9

The coordinates for the footings in the shaded area are at the 56 second mark in that youtube video.

I see how Oldschool75 thought the coordinates were fake. I still have not figured out the correct conversion method.

They are real. You just have to figure out some missing variables. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most important being the survey center point WHERE these coordinate distances are measured from...?