Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I personally have not ridden a GCI or RMC, but I am excited about the possibility of getting either because I've heard both are great ride experiences. However, I believe adding an RMC would make KI's coaster lineup stronger because it would give the park something different that a lot of other parks don't have, including KI. 

• Like 10

I will say I love having a back and forth like this.  

I want to get out of the way that I realize this could be an RMC as much as a GCI, but discounting RMC based off your own opinions and vague hints to how you think the GP will react to either doesn't dismiss GCI.  Recent Cedar Fair ride additions and work with GCI is enough evidence for that, which is one reason I'm still leaning to this being a GCI.  The current trend does have RMC in the picture though, I'll admit that much.

Who's to say rocky Mountain declined to change some boards on that ghoster coaster @ knotts berry farm. I think more money would be in projects where you completely renovate a ride or build one from scratch?

Because they DID put in a bid to iron horse GhostRider and CF went with GCI to keep it wood and because it had a good lay out already. BUT Ouimet has said that he is open to work with them, so nothing is to be eliminated yet.

• Like 3

I want to get out of the way that I realize this could be an RMC as much as a GCI, but discounting RMC based off your own opinions and vague hints to how you think the GP will react to either doesn't dismiss GCI.  Recent Cedar Fair ride additions and work with GCI is enough evidence for that, which is one reason I'm still leaning to this being a GCI.  The current trend does have RMC in the picture though, I'll admit that much.

Who's to say rocky Mountain declined to change some boards on that ghoster coaster @ knotts berry farm. I think more money would be in projects where you completely renovate a ride or build one from scratch?

I would actually beg to differ, refurbishing is less of a planning & hours investment than a ground-up attraction; not to mention they probably have a maintenance contract of some source from here-on-out. Granted it's all about what Knott's actually paid for it, but with a refurb. there is less initial infrastructure; much easier to quote accurately.

• Like 1

I want to get out of the way that I realize this could be an RMC as much as a GCI, but discounting RMC based off your own opinions and vague hints to how you think the GP will react to either doesn't dismiss GCI. Recent Cedar Fair ride additions and work with GCI is enough evidence for that, which is one reason I'm still leaning to this being a GCI. The current trend does have RMC in the picture though, I'll admit that much.

lol! Ghoster Coaster...love the reference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tom-a-to, Tom-ah-to

Have there been actual pictures of actual footers in the "zone"? The layout in the blueprint could be for a small steel coaster too since nothing has actually been announced.

Last time I was there all I saw were survey markers. Show me a footer then I'll try to decode more.

• Like 6

This is shaping up to be groovy. I still can't pull the trigger on an RMC...but would absolutely go bonkers if that's the case. Storm Chaser got me in with those dudes. Although all the POV footage of all their rides had me in the club already. Can't wait for future news and sleuths.

Hey Zeus...my phone is going crazy with this page and those picture. Holy snikes.

Edited by Existential
  • Like 3

So, now that it's likely our new coaster will be wooden, anyone on here know where that awesome bright green B&M track is going?*

Also, this is my 2000th post (que airhorns!  :P)

*If the location has already been previously been disclosed on this thread, I apologize; I haven't kept up as much with the Decoding 2017 thread as I have in the past*

Welcome to the New Millennium of post count! 

(Get it cause you like stuff around the Y2K era.... ;) )

I personally am still saying GCI though news of Ghostriders renovation and how they were actually looking at RMC before GCI has put RMC on my radar.

• Like 2

So, now that it's likely our new coaster will be wooden, anyone on here know where that awesome bright green B&M track is going?*

Also, this is my 2000th post (que airhorns!  :P)

*If the location has already been previously been disclosed on this thread, I apologize; I haven't kept up as much with the Decoding 2017 thread as I have in the past*

Welcome to the New Millennium of post count! 

(Get it cause you like stuff around the Y2K era.... ;) )

I personally am still saying GCI though news of Ghostriders renovation and how they were actually looking at RMC before GCI has put RMC on my radar.

Is it fair to say that replacing boards on a wooden coaster will have a cheaper bid than RMC doing this iron horse track stuff?

• Like 2

It's me again... It will be RMC because of its location. It's really hard to picture the structure of a GCI to fit in its space. It wouldn't be as "frickin' sweet!"*in the voice of Peter Griffin* #KIRMC #TEAMRMC

Ummm ok..... there both almost the same structure. I would not choose the ride based on how the support structure would not fit in my "perfect" picture of Kings Island

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Never ridden a GCI. Planning a trip soon to Dollywood so will ride Thunderhead.

All the GCI pov's look like great rides.

I wanted Giga but will be happy with another Coaster. I just feel like RMC is best for Kings Island right now. Won't complain if it's GCI or another maker.

Just feel like it's time to have one of these in the chain and Kings Island is the ideal location. Besides Kentucky Kingdom The closest one is Chicago. Just my opinion.

• Like 5

On preview day, I saw the sign and felt in my core "wooden coaster". My main train of thought was that it is going to be a GCI. So I was a huge supporter of TeamGCI and usually discredited TeamGiga. Now that the tables have turned and people are realizing that its going to most likely going to be a wooden coaster, the question of the manufacturer is still in the air. I am still on TeamGCI but the idea of TeamRMC is kind of warming up to me.

• Like 5

To those of you thinking KK isn't in competition with KI remember this, but it is my opinion. KK has 2 of my top ten steel coasters while KI has Zero. They also allow snapping on they're flying scooter ride. I'm now of the opinion that I could care less what KI builds as I will not have a CF pass next year at all but I will have a KK pass again next year to go along with a BG/SW Platinum Pass, a Hershey Park Pass and a Six Flags Golsd Pass. My opinion only but until Cedar Fair starts to show respect its customers a little more I'm done.

• Like 5

Yeah Cedar Fair has no respect for you (eyes rolling)... So I definitely think this is an RMC based on the leaks and tweets. I also base this mainly on SOB being our last woodie. Do you really think they would add a new woodie that doesn't have some sort of record breaking stat or first of its kind after we lost a huge and awesome woodie? In my opinion they are going big and a GCI doesn't fit that description.

• Like 10

Made my first visit today:

Not much new at the zone but here are the pics for what they're worth

6-15-2016:

Great pictures!

Thanks, but if you could please not quote ALL the photos... it will save broadband space and make things run faster. 

Thank you. :)

• Like 8

Tbh for the most part the general public won't care if it's made by GCI ICG RMC GMC or the GCL. If it's something that can add memories for a family and is fun then that will be good.

If you ask the general public who built The Racer, Banshee, or The Bat you'd probably get a look and an answer that says Kings Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't ride if it's built by the GCL.

Colonel was once an Indian in the GMC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Thank you Beastforever for those shots. That's the kind of footage I was asking for a few pages ago. GavPenn, I'm going to say that this is a GCI still. Especially since they just opened up Ghostrider at Knotts berry farm, they've had great reviews on it! My guess is that they'll bring the RMC to Cedar Point like everyone is wishing for, for Mean Streak.

• Like 3

To those of you thinking KK isn't in competition with KI remember this, but it is my opinion. KK has 2 of my top ten steel coasters while KI has Zero. They also allow snapping on they're flying scooter ride. I'm now of the opinion that I could care less what KI builds as I will not have a CF pass next year at all but I will have a KK pass again next year to go along with a BG/SW Platinum Pass, a Hershey Park Pass and a Six Flags Golsd Pass. My opinion only but until Cedar Fair starts to show respect its customers a little more I'm done.

How are they treating their customers badly? Because they might not be building a coaster from the company YOU want? I mean, spend your money however you want, but just because they aren't catering specifically to YOU or the other 0.001% of their market that obsesses over rollercoasters and manufacturers, it doesn't mean that they're just completely negligent of what their customers want.

• Like 8

I'm kind of surprised we still have yet to see any footers at all. Ok maybe I'm wrong here but wouldn't a wood coaster take longer to build than a steel coaster of similar size? The longer they take to actually start building the more I'm starting to believe this is going to be a pretty small and short coaster.

• Like 3