Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

There is no way this is less than 3000ft of track. If so unless it's i kid coaster, which I doubt, I don't think it would be worth KIs investment. At least 3500 to 4000 ft and I still think that's kinda short.

I didn't realize that 2999ft or less qualified as a kids coaster. Good to know. I always thought rides like Invertigo Top Thrill Dragster were adult rides. Thanks for the education.

Also there are what, less than 100-150 coasters world wide over your 3500-4000 mark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I'm saying is less than 3000ft seems too short for a wooden coaster that's being hyped this much in a park the size of KI that's not directed specifically at children. This is just my opinion. I guess my opinion offended you in some way. So for that I apologize I thought that's what this forum was for discussing thoughts and opinions to try and figure this out.

• Like 4

I find it hard to believe that a traditional small wooden coaster would sell lots of season passes.

It wouldn't sell YOU a pass, apparently, but as long as a coaster looks fun and interesting enough to ride, people will come. The same amount of people that would come for an RMC would come for a GCI, because they don't care about the manufacturer.

So what your saying is if Joe blow is watching the news and they show a traditional wooden coaster that will make him take his family to the park? I believe if Joe blow is watching the news and sees a hybrid doing flips, "top gun stalls", etc he will be more likely to take his family to the park.

• Like 1

Here's a hint plot N1 and N3

Of course depends on what coordinates you want to use in the plans. There is another page that have coordinates that plot right behind Timberwolf. Not sure what those are for, and 1 plot out in the field by Banshee.

• Like 3

Depends on what him and his family enjoy riding. It's part of KI and CF's overall corporate strategy. Will this one coaster pull in everyone? Maybe not. But continue putting in good, quality rides and attractions throughout the park, spreading things out in such a way that people will want to enjoy everything the park has to offer. Additionally, strategic placement of key attractions will help eliminate overcrowding in certain areas of the park.

• Like 5

There is no way this is less than 3000ft of track. If so unless it's i kid coaster, which I doubt, I don't think it would be worth KIs investment. At least 3500 to 4000 ft and I still think that's kinda short.

I didn't realize that 2999ft or less qualified as a kids coaster. Good to know. I always thought rides like Invertigo Top Thrill Dragster were adult rides. Thanks for the education.

Also there are what, less than 100-150 coasters world wide over your 3500-4000 mark?

All I'm saying is less than 3000ft seems too short for a wooden coaster that's being hyped this much in a park the size of KI that's not directed specifically at children. This is just my opinion. I guess my opinion offended you in some way. So for that I apologize I thought that's what this forum was for discussing thoughts and opinions to try and figure this out.

Nope not offended just pointing out the flaw in your opinion. You are allowed one just like others are allowed to point out when an opinion has flaws.

Plus saying a ride may be too short for the hype versus saying 3000 is a kids ride is two completely different things. Have a great one

• Like 1

If people want a copy, why not pick up the copy for yourself? It's not quite fair to ask to see it when they have paid money out of their pocket to get a copy. Plus the cost really is pretty minimal.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

If people want a copy, why not pick up the copy for yourself? It's not quite fair to ask to see it when they have paid money out of their pocket to get a copy. Plus the cost really is pretty minimal.

Not everybody lives in the area. The $15 is trivial, the lost pay for having to take time off to drive there isn't.

• Like 6

I work and live in Dayton, during the hours that the office is open.  I want to get a copy and have no issues paying for the copy.  I have problems getting the time to do so.

• Like 3

Opinions don't have flaws, that's why they're called opinions...

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Opinions can have flaws or be based on flaws. Contrary to what some believe some opinions can be wrong, and other people can tell you why that's wrong.

• Like 6

I find it hard to believe that a traditional small wooden coaster would sell lots of season passes.

It wouldn't sell YOU a pass, apparently, but as long as a coaster looks fun and interesting enough to ride, people will come. The same amount of people that would come for an RMC would come for a GCI, because they don't care about the manufacturer.
So what your saying is if Joe blow is watching the news and they show a traditional wooden coaster that will make him take his family to the park? I believe if Joe blow is watching the news and sees a hybrid doing flips, "top gun stalls", etc he will be more likely to take his family to the park.

I agree that most of the GP would much rather have an RMC than a GCI, but the difference between the GP and enthusiasts is that enthusiasts know that both exist. Most of the GP does not know what an RMC is, especially if they do not live around one. Yes there is one at KK, but a lot of people around here have never been there. Heck, many don't even know KK is open again!

What I'm trying to say is that, yes, they would enjoy an RMC more, but if they don't know that RMC exists, they would just as happily accept a GCI. To the GP, for the most part, anything new is good. Whether it be GCI or RMC, as Don said, "People will come"

• Like 5

KIC members cannot decide what is: big, small, adult. kiddie, traditional, etc.  I highly doubt the average park goer will even care- and that is due to marketing, which Don (and CF as of recently) does very well.  Due to numerous discussions waiting in line- most guests have no idea what GCI, RMC, B & M, Intamin are until the type of track is explained.  Then you can see the light come on because they are connecting the dots.

But getting back to season passes- I don't believe a "traditional" coaster will have a negative/ neutral impact as you believe.  Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer in Erie could be labeled as small due to being 2900' with a drop of 115' and max speed of 57mph, but what it does not have in size, it more than makes up for in forces & general fun.

I personally believe that customer experience influences season pass sales more than anything.  While there will an increase in pass sales for the opening year for any coaster, if park fans get pi$$ed due to long concession lines or crappy customer service you not only lost a season pass sale, but negative press spreads like wildfire- the sale will be a one year thing.

• Like 8

Ok...if you look at my last post, you can see NORTH on the plans in the screenshot. So, I dropped this in within the RR Tracks. Where I scaled this as accurately as I could, if you look at the lines of the plans around the track, I was trying my best to line them up with the surrounding objects. At the turnaround, the outlines lined up perfectly with the train house. One part could line up with the RR Tracks next to DB the other the train station. I scaled it, and it's about 800-900 feet out. I feel it's only going to be a 2500 to 3000ish feet of track. (Imagine Racers at 3,415') I could be wrong on EVERYTHING, but...this is my final thought and I feel I'm much closer to figuring out where they will drop it in. Thursday evening, my son goes with his mom for the week. I will spend the evening at Kings Island on the train and WWC combing out my thoughts on this and then enjoy some DB after-hours in the park. I hope to see you there. Let me know what you think.

27424471310_eff4f9df00_z.jpgKingProjectNORTHiFinal by KingsIsland1972, on Flickr

Sorry you're way off. That north indicator does not refer to overview of the ride.

Then why would they insert that on a blueprint plan? Doesn't that offer reference to the work site? I do believe you are wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Sorry you're way off. That north indicator does not refer to overview of the ride.

At least from what I have seen, the Exploded view and the area of work are in the same orientation.  Which means the arrow should be correct for both the overview and the exploded view.

• Like 3

The patience of people has disappeared for this year's announcement. I don't recall it like this during Banshee's teasing until the last month or so. Let's try to enjoy these teasers while we can, folks! They come from the best PR guy around!

Teasers from the park, I love. But if one or more people reportedly have copies of the plans, and are not sharing or doing nothing more than dropping hints here and there, its a bit confusing to me. Not asking for a high quality scan of each and every page. But there is information available in the public domain that we can decode, that by and large we aren't decoding.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes here. Just a little confused.

We have people continuing to speculate, which is what we're here for after all, but we don't definitively know who is correct...And we would if more people were able to see parts of the plans.  

• Like 6

For everyone who wants to see the plans but can't take time off, you should offer to pay someone to go for you.

I find it rather awkward to ask someone who is a stranger to me outside of this forum to do something on my behalf. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this way. 

If someone here were to offer to go if someone were to provide the funds, I'm sure they'd have people take them up on it. They may, potentially, run into an ethical decision on whether it's ok to profit from doing so (they'd potentially get multiple requests, but only have to visit the office once).

I feel it necessary to state that I am not soliciting for offers to go to city hall on my behalf. I'd like a copy of the plans, sure. I don't know how to read them, really, but think it could potentially be a cool thing to frame and hang on my office wall. However, I am a few weeks  away from getting married and live 90+ minutes away from the KI area. There's no way I'd even be able to meet someone to get them for a month or more.

• Like 5

KIC members cannot decide what is: big, small, adult. kiddie, traditional, etc.  I highly doubt the average park goer will even care- and that is due to marketing, which Don (and CF as of recently) does very well.  Due to numerous discussions waiting in line- most guests have no idea what GCI, RMC, B & M, Intamin are until the type of track is explained.  Then you can see the light come on because they are connecting the dots.

But getting back to season passes- I don't believe a "traditional" coaster will have a negative/ neutral impact as you believe.  Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer in Erie could be labeled as small due to being 2900' with a drop of 115' and max speed of 57mph, but what it does not have in size, it more than makes up for in forces & general fun.

I personally believe that customer experience influences season pass sales more than anything.  While there will an increase in pass sales for the opening year for any coaster, if park fans get pi$$ed due to long concession lines or crappy customer service you not only lost a season pass sale, but negative press spreads like wildfire- the sale will be a one year thing.

So is it fair to say that season pass sales will decrease because of:

A) Not a huge coaster to spike sales.

B) Customer service has been lagging this season due to long lines for concessions.

Ok...if you look at my last post, you can see NORTH on the plans in the screenshot. So, I dropped this in within the RR Tracks. Where I scaled this as accurately as I could, if you look at the lines of the plans around the track, I was trying my best to line them up with the surrounding objects. At the turnaround, the outlines lined up perfectly with the train house. One part could line up with the RR Tracks next to DB the other the train station. I scaled it, and it's about 800-900 feet out. I feel it's only going to be a 2500 to 3000ish feet of track. (Imagine Racers at 3,415') I could be wrong on EVERYTHING, but...this is my final thought and I feel I'm much closer to figuring out where they will drop it in. Thursday evening, my son goes with his mom for the week. I will spend the evening at Kings Island on the train and WWC combing out my thoughts on this and then enjoy some DB after-hours in the park. I hope to see you there. Let me know what you think.

27424471310_eff4f9df00_z.jpgKingProjectNORTHiFinal by KingsIsland1972, on Flickr

Then why would they insert that on a blueprint plan? Doesn't that offer reference to the work site? I do believe you are wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

So you are debating with someone who has the plans, plotted out the coordinates and knows the orientation of the coaster; and you only have seen a small tidbit? Smh

• Like 3

I agree that most of the GP would much rather have an RMC than a GCI, but the difference between the GP and enthusiasts is that enthusiasts know that both exist. Most of the GP does not know what an RMC is, especially if they do not live around one. Yes there is one at KK, but a lot of people around here have never been there. Heck, many don't even know KK is open again!

What I'm trying to say is that, yes, they would enjoy an RMC more, but if they don't know that RMC exists, they would just as happily accept a GCI. To the GP, for the most part, anything new is good. Whether it be GCI or RMC, as Don said, "People will come"

I value your opinion.

I understand what your saying but Joe blow has already seen a traditional wood coaster before but wold not have seen a wood coaster with inversions, top gun stalls, etc.

A small coaster can work in a smaller market like KC, and valley fair cause the people don't have access or know of anything different. Here everyone knows about CP and the massive rides they get consistently.

• Like 1