Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Public does not have to mean easy to find.  You need to know who to talk with and what to ask.  There is likely a park plan which would have this information on it with the planning office.  It might even matter who you speak with.  If it is someone who wants to help you then they might be able to lead you to the information you want, if it is someone who is getting annoyed with people asking about the park and plans then they might make it more difficult.

Government workers annoyed? What!?!

• Like 3

This has really caught my interest.

When you walk into the new WWC entrance, through the first arbor, and across the train tracks, then look right, you see this large clearing: 326546d3ba72be7d59cbc628eb2d3fde.jpg

Turn and look behind you from that view, and you see the box

f66fe96197e8af14a64f81e6bc2b50d8.jpg

Significantly, there are low, almost temporary fences on the path adjacent to the clearing, separating the two arbors

c75acc1bf7ec6343d20d95d2531d6ddd.jpg

b17ff786d14f016267647334d3873bd3.jpg

At first, I had assumed that like the rest of the clearing in that area, it was related to the WWC entrance/exit construction. But now that it is all finished, it is clear that isn't so. It sure looks to me like something is planned to cross through there, headed right at the former TRTR building.

• Like 26

For everyone who wants to see the plans but can't take time off, you should offer to pay someone to go for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it rather awkward to ask someone who is a stranger to me outside of this forum to do something on my behalf. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this way.

If someone here were to offer to go if someone were to provide the funds, I'm sure they'd have people take them up on it. They may, potentially, run into an ethical decision on whether it's ok to profit from doing so (they'd potentially get multiple requests, but only have to visit the office once).

I feel it necessary to state that I am not soliciting for offers to go to city hall on my behalf. I'd like a copy of the plans, sure. I don't know how to read them, really, but think it could potentially be a cool thing to frame and hang on my office wall. However, I am a few weeks away from getting married and live 90+ minutes away from the KI area. There's no way I'd even be able to meet someone to get them for a month or more.

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials. I'm thinking I want a copy of blue prints for my office to frame as well. I just think they look cool. If I go next week I'll send you a pm

• Like 8

There is no way this is less than 3000ft of track. If so unless it's i kid coaster, which I doubt, I don't think it would be worth KIs investment. At least 3500 to 4000 ft and I still think that's kinda short.

I didn't realize that 2999ft or less qualified as a kids coaster. Good to know. I always thought rides like Invertigo Top Thrill Dragster were adult rides. Thanks for the education.

Also there are what, less than 100-150 coasters world wide over your 3500-4000 mark?

All I'm saying is less than 3000ft seems too short for a wooden coaster that's being hyped this much in a park the size of KI that's not directed specifically at children. This is just my opinion. I guess my opinion offended you in some way. So for that I apologize I thought that's what this forum was for discussing thoughts and opinions to try and figure this out.
Nope not offended just pointing out the flaw in your opinion. You are allowed one just like others are allowed to point out when an opinion has flaws.

Plus saying a ride may be too short for the hype versus saying 3000 is a kids ride is two completely different things. Have a great one

Well in my "opinion" 3000ft wooden coaster at KI is too short. And in no way did I say all coasters less than 3000ft are kids coasters. Don't just assume and then get smart about it. Carry on
  • Like 5

For everyone who wants to see the plans but can't take time off, you should offer to pay someone to go for you.

I find it rather awkward to ask someone who is a stranger to me outside of this forum to do something on my behalf. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this way.

If someone here were to offer to go if someone were to provide the funds, I'm sure they'd have people take them up on it. They may, potentially, run into an ethical decision on whether it's ok to profit from doing so (they'd potentially get multiple requests, but only have to visit the office once).

I feel it necessary to state that I am not soliciting for offers to go to city hall on my behalf. I'd like a copy of the plans, sure. I don't know how to read them, really, but think it could potentially be a cool thing to frame and hang on my office wall. However, I am a few weeks away from getting married and live 90+ minutes away from the KI area. There's no way I'd even be able to meet someone to get them for a month or more.

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials. I'm thinking I want a copy of blue prints for my office to frame as well. I just think they look cool. If I go next week I'll send you a pm

Thanks!

...and Thanks!

• Like 2

Long time lurker here. Based on the conversation here, this is my current guess. I have no idea if the scale is accurate.

13428366_10209722586366160_5911068694482

I hate to quote my own post, but after seeing the scale listed on the detailed closeup, I converted that to a full scale for the ride and what I have here is actually pretty close to the scale provided on the permits.

So, we know scale and orientation. Now we need confirmation on location.

• Like 3

Long and short of it is..... those that have the plans, paid for them.  That makes them theirs, to do with as they see fit.  Grow up, no one is entitled to see anything by being a member of this

sight. You can jump on this post now, I won't be here to acknowledge it. Bedtime for me. 

• Like 12

Nobody believes they are entitled. But what some are doing is going against the nature of the decoding thread. Historically, these threads have been a place for everyone to pool their knowledge and information to discover what is going on...together. Not have one or two people join in the conversation, purchase plans that can only be obtained locally, and then hoard the information for themselves like a sack of gold. I guess some just want to feel more important than they really are.

Oh well, I'm done with it. If someone wants to purchase the plan, I'll donate to it, if said plan gets posted in this thread in its entirety.

• Like 16

First, it may well be illegal to make a copy of the prints and exchange them for money from somebody else.  I can't remember the exact legalize I've seen on various prints from time to time, and while I doubt there would be any repercussions, forewarned, is fair warned.

Second, when Banshee was announced, my son had just turned 5, and our daughter was 1.  I knew there was going to be very little chance of me (or my wife) riding Banshee the following years other than perhaps a time or two due to the age of our kids and responsibilities we had in the park (as well as neither of us wanting to ride it solo w/o the other), yet despite that we renewed our season pass because we knew there would be ample opportunities to take our son on The Beast, Racers, Vortex, etc... while the other parent entertained our daughter in Planet Snoopy.  We did eventually get a ride late summer in Banshee's first season when my mother in law got on The Bat with our son, my father in law entertained our daughter and my wife and I got a spin on Banshee.  It was a nice, unexpected treat.  So while I was excited about Banshee and thought it looked awesome, I knew my opportunity to ride it was going to have to wait, perhaps even up to a full season when our son would be tall enough to ride it.  However, you know what would have knocked our socks off that season?  A great wooden coaster that our son could ride and experience with either his mother or father.  I doubt I'm the only one that found myself in that situation.  Point is, families make decisions to renew season passes for all kinds of different reasons.  Yes, some is to ride the latest scream machine, but for many its just a chance to hang out with their family and take things a little slower.  KI has a very diverse clientele, and one of their largest set of customers involve in some sort of manor the 48" and under crowd.  If they don't occasionally play to that crowd, they run the risk of KI becoming a place for those families to spend their summer evenings.

• Like 6

I think some people are forgetting that there is space between the picnic area and the log flume.. west of the train tracks.. A station over there would allow a larger scale and make the old train overpass unnecessary. And the straight stretch of the layout would pass where there used be that flat hangout area as you exit WWC.. that way you only cross over top of WWC's path on its final lift and while/ when its about to go into the first train underpass. 
There is also a lot of tree clearing on the trains final stretch just before the "watch for falling trees" area.

• Like 2

This has really caught my interest.

When you walk into the new WWC entrance, through the first arbor, and across the train tracks, then look right, you see this large clearing:

Turn and look behind you from that view, and you see the box

Significantly, there are low, almost temporary fences on the path adjacent to the clearing, separating the two arbors

At first, I had assumed that like the rest of the clearing in that area, it was related to the WWC entrance/exit construction. But now that it is all finished, it is clear that isn't so. It sure looks to me like something is planned to cross through there, headed right at the former TRTR building.

I seem to remember a rather wise, and distinguished, member of this website bumping an old thread on the work going on inside the building that encases FoF, as well as mentioning that some might benefit from thinking inside the box.

Based on the clues provided by Kings Island, the hints dropped by members of this forum who I believe to be "in-the-know" and what little I've seen of the building plans, I'm holding firm on a prediction of an RMC, possibly with a launch (lots of straight track in the coaster layout) and making some sort of use of BUB (the Big Ugly Box).

Also, this topic was a lot more enjoyable a couple dozen pages ago.

• Like 10

If someone wants to share great. If not no big deal. But when someone says something about the ride I want to see something backing up your comment or at least be willing to explain your reasoning. Otherwise we have no way to check your work.

Until I see something I can trust, I treat information as rumor.

• Like 5

I think some people are forgetting that there is space between the picnic area and the log flume.. west of the train tracks.. A station over there would allow a larger scale and make the old train overpass unnecessary. And the straight stretch of the layout would pass where there used be that flat hangout area as you exit WWC.. that way you only cross over top of WWC's path on its final lift and while/ when its about to go into the first train underpass. 

There is also a lot of tree clearing on the trains final stretch just before the "watch for falling trees" area.

Unless the plans we have are inaccurate, we know the scale of the ride. It covers about 2700ft from the plan view we are given. This should translate to the neighborhood of 3500ft (+/-) of track when elevation is included.

I think more area is being cleared as there will be a new section of midway giving access to this ride and WWC. 

• Like 1

Long and short of it is..... those that have the plans, paid for them.  That makes them theirs, to do with as they see fit.  Grow up, no one is entitled to see anything by being a member of this

sight. You can jump on this post now, I won't be here to acknowledge it. Bedtime for me. 

Chickens hibernate???

For how long?

:P

• Like 6

Hello I'm a lurker and I'd like to put in some toughts regarding sizes.

When it comes to modern day wooden roller coasters you've got three choices: GCI, RMC, and The Gravity Group (aka Gravitykraft according to some rcdb pages) When it comes to size Gravity Group has usually built really longer bigger wooden roller coasters that are for the most part out and back, rides like The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Hades 360, and Switchback. These are roller coasters are more long than wide but GG has made smaller roller coasters in a twister layout like Roar-O-Saurus, Boardwalk Bullet, Timber, Wooden Warrior, and Zippin Pippin.

RMC on the other hand have made their woodies BIG just look at how much space Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run and Wildfire take up large plots of land meanwhile Goliath at Six Flags Great America is a bit smaller and by that I mean it's one of the shortest in length despite being very tall.

GCI on the other hand builds smaller twister style woodies. Exaples would be American Thunder, Apocalypse, Gold Striker, Kentucky Rumbler, White Lightning, Renegade, Prowler, both Roar's, Thunderhead, and Wildcat. Although they have built larger roller coaster than this, Gwazi, Joris en de Draak, Python in Bamboo Forest, Wodan Timbur Coaster, and Lightning Racer are examples of this.

What could fit back there? Any of them. But based on recent findings it looks like a small GCI but we can't be sure till the park itself announces a new roller coaster.

• Like 6

I'm going to throw in my opinion on this matter even though I typically stay away from these type of topics. To those of you that have the plans, please stop acting and feeling important in any way. I will save you the trouble. You are not, and for whoever said "I will charge $5 for 1 minute", I almost laughed. This is sad. 

If I had the plans, and paid for them myself, I would DM them to anyone who asked. We are all interested in the project, just not all of us can pick them up. I live several hours away. I'll say this now I won't drive up for some silly plans. The last thing I will say is it really speaks volume of the character that some of you have on here. 

Now done with the negativity!  :)

• Like 23