Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Opinions are like belly buttons, we all have one but they aren't the same. They may or may not based on facts, they could be based on one fact while overlooking another. Differing opinions create great discussions.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Fixed for ya Ethan, thank me later.
  • Like 1

Cedar Fair extended the trademark for Centurion in may. This is the only trademark I can find of theirs that is not in use right now so could this be the name?

It's possible. Not sure how that name fits in Rivertown in any way, though. 

• Like 3

That's what I was thinking but by this point wouldnt they have trademarked something.

Really don't know. Not sure what the historical trend has been.

I know a few tech/games companies that used to file for marks months in advance, but recently have been waiting until weeks (sometimes a few days) before the announcement to file.

• Like 2

Hello I'm a lurker and I'd like to put in some toughts regarding sizes.

When it comes to modern day wooden roller coasters you've got three choices: GCI, RMC, and The Gravity Group (aka Gravitykraft according to some rcdb pages) When it comes to size Gravity Group has usually built really longer bigger wooden roller coasters that are for the most part out and back, rides like The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Hades 360, and Switchback. These are roller coasters are more long than wide but GG has made smaller roller coasters in a twister layout like Roar-O-Saurus, Boardwalk Bullet, Timber, Wooden Warrior, and Zippin Pippin.

RMC on the other hand have made their woodies BIG just look at how much space Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run and Wildfire take up large plots of land meanwhile Goliath at Six Flags Great America is a bit smaller and by that I mean it's one of the shortest in length despite being very tall.

GCI on the other hand builds smaller twister style woodies. Exaples would be American Thunder, Apocalypse, Gold Striker, Kentucky Rumbler, White Lightning, Renegade, Prowler, both Roar's, Thunderhead, and Wildcat. Although they have built larger roller coaster than this, Gwazi, Joris en de Draak, Python in Bamboo Forest, Wodan Timbur Coaster, and Lightning Racer are examples of this.

What could fit back there? Any of them. But based on recent findings it looks like a small GCI but we can't be sure till the park itself announces a new roller coaster.

If this is a small gci I feel for the public relations team for the park. Hyping a coaster since the Waterpark announcement last year and it turn out to be a small run of the mill wood coaster.

• Like 4

Cedar Fair extended the trademark for Centurion in may. This is the only trademark I can find of theirs that is not in use right now so could this be the name?

If we go off the CF chart for future attractions, I would venture to guess that this would be the mid sized ride so maybe they are extending it for a bigger coaster. I just can't see CF not adding a large steel coaster this year. CF has also mentioned they plan to invest a lot into CGA a new B&M would definitely be in the mix.

• Like 1

When it comes to modern day wooden roller coasters you've got three choices: GCI, RMC, and The Gravity Group (aka Gravitykraft according to some rcdb pages) When it comes to size Gravity Group has usually built really longer bigger wooden roller coasters that are for the most part out and back, rides like The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Hades 360, and Switchback. These are roller coasters are more long than wide but GG has made smaller roller coasters in a twister layout like Roar-O-Saurus, Boardwalk Bullet, Timber, Wooden Warrior, and Zippin Pippin.

RMC on the other hand have made their woodies BIG just look at how much space Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run and Wildfire take up large plots of land meanwhile Goliath at Six Flags Great America is a bit smaller and by that I mean it's one of the shortest in length despite being very tall.

GCI on the other hand builds smaller twister style woodies. Exaples would be American Thunder, Apocalypse, Gold Striker, Kentucky Rumbler, White Lightning, Renegade, Prowler, both Roar's, Thunderhead, and Wildcat. Although they have built larger roller coaster than this, Gwazi, Joris en de Draak, Python in Bamboo Forest, Wodan Timbur Coaster, and Lightning Racer are examples of this.

What could fit back there? Any of them. But based on recent findings it looks like a small GCI but we can't be sure till the park itself announces a new roller coaster.

If this is a small gci I feel for the public relations team for the park. Hyping a coaster since the Waterpark announcement last year and it turn out to be a small run of the mill wood coaster.

Run-of-the-mill only in that it may be wooden built with milled boards... A Go-Gator is run-of-the-mill, not a custom project.

• Like 4

That's what I was thinking but by this point wouldnt they have trademarked something.

Really don't know. Not sure what the historical trend has been.

I know a few tech/games companies that used to file for marks months in advance, but recently have been waiting until weeks (sometimes a few days) before the announcement to file.

Also, don't forget that Holiday World filed the Thunderbird trademark initially under the name of a seemingly unrelated company, "Croatan LLC", specifically because they knew enthusiasts would be searching for it. http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2014/09/06/secret-kept/

• Like 6

Maybe I'm confused when everyone says they hyped this up so much it can't be anything but the worlds biggest baddest.

I mean they put up a cute little sign on the fence and done a few snap chats here and there. But I would say the hyped it much.

I mean unless I missed the tv commercials, websites, multiple interviews teasing the project, etc.

If anything the hype and speculation on here has blown it out of control.

I'm still holding out hope for a return of the trams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

A small GCI would have been nice if it had been twisty. But this layout is anything but twisty.

P.s. Please capitalize GCI.

• Like 1

Ok...if you look at my last post, you can see NORTH on the plans in the screenshot. So, I dropped this in within the RR Tracks. Where I scaled this as accurately as I could, if you look at the lines of the plans around the track, I was trying my best to line them up with the surrounding objects. At the turnaround, the outlines lined up perfectly with the train house. One part could line up with the RR Tracks next to DB the other the train station. I scaled it, and it's about 800-900 feet out. I feel it's only going to be a 2500 to 3000ish feet of track. (Imagine Racers at 3,415') I could be wrong on EVERYTHING, but...this is my final thought and I feel I'm much closer to figuring out where they will drop it in. Thursday evening, my son goes with his mom for the week. I will spend the evening at Kings Island on the train and WWC combing out my thoughts on this and then enjoy some DB after-hours in the park. I hope to see you there. Let me know what you think.

27424471310_eff4f9df00_z.jpgKingProjectNORTHiFinal by KingsIsland1972, on Flickr

Sorry you're way off. That north indicator does not refer to overview of the ride.

Then why would they insert that on a blueprint plan? Doesn't that offer reference to the work site? I do believe you are wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

So you are debating with someone who has the plans, plotted out the coordinates and knows the orientation of the coaster; and you only have seen a small tidbit? Smh

Uuhm....Yep!  I guess I am!  SO What???  You're "da man with the plans!"  Big Whoop!  Quit prancing around on us little people just because you know something more than the rest of us.  I'm having fun speculating as much as the next guy.  I'm enjoying this while I can.  So tired of you BIG SHOTS walking on the rest of us who don't have insight.  If anything, you should just sit back and have a laugh at our expense, but NO, you have to point out you're the BIG MAN ON CAMPUS and act like you have something to prove.  You're not raining on my parade.  I'm just calling it as I see it.  Maybe you don't know...and a Bluff is all you have to hold on to.  I'm here to have fun and enjoy everyone's posts...right or wrong!!!  Anyone who knows me, and it's few on this site knows I'm a super duper guy with respect and caring heart for others.  I'm not here to start anything, just enjoying the ride until the big announcement.  

• Like 16

Ok...if you look at my last post, you can see NORTH on the plans in the screenshot. So, I dropped this in within the RR Tracks. Where I scaled this as accurately as I could, if you look at the lines of the plans around the track, I was trying my best to line them up with the surrounding objects. At the turnaround, the outlines lined up perfectly with the train house. One part could line up with the RR Tracks next to DB the other the train station. I scaled it, and it's about 800-900 feet out. I feel it's only going to be a 2500 to 3000ish feet of track. (Imagine Racers at 3,415') I could be wrong on EVERYTHING, but...this is my final thought and I feel I'm much closer to figuring out where they will drop it in. Thursday evening, my son goes with his mom for the week. I will spend the evening at Kings Island on the train and WWC combing out my thoughts on this and then enjoy some DB after-hours in the park. I hope to see you there. Let me know what you think.

27424471310_eff4f9df00_z.jpgKingProjectNORTHiFinal by KingsIsland1972, on Flickr

Sorry you're way off. That north indicator does not refer to overview of the ride.

Then why would they insert that on a blueprint plan? Doesn't that offer reference to the work site? I do believe you are wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

So you are debating with someone who has the plans, plotted out the coordinates and knows the orientation of the coaster; and you only have seen a small tidbit? Smh

Uuhm....Yep! I guess I am! SO What??? You're "da man with the plans!" Big Whoop! Quit prancing around on us little people just because you know something more than the rest of us. I'm having fun speculating as much as the next guy. I'm enjoying this while I can. So tired of you BIG SHOTS walking on the rest of us who don't have insight. If anything, you should just sit back and have a laugh at our expense, but NO, you have to point out you're the BIG MAN ON CAMPUS and act like you have something to prove. You're not raining on my parade. I'm just calling it as I see it. Maybe you don't know...and a Bluff is all you have to hold on to. I'm here to have fun and enjoy everyone's posts...right or wrong!!! Anyone who knows me, and it's few on this site knows I'm a super duper guy with respect and caring heart for others. I'm not here to start anything, just enjoying the ride until the big announcement.
Nicely said!

• Like 9

I don't really post here that often, but I am today. I just want to say that we are all here for the same reason. We all share a passion and love for Kings Island. Whether it's been a passion for 5 years or 50 it's what we all have in common. I bring this up, because these arguments on here are getting really petty. We all have our own opinion of everything not just Project 2017. Just because your opinion varies from someone else doesn't mean you or they are wrong. With everything going on in the world it is really dumb to be fighting over something as petty as it  a woodie or a hyper, or is it going to be facing North. At this point if you don't have something productive to comment on then just leave your hate and anger on the other side of the keyboard.

• Like 12

We're all on here because we love KI and roller coasters. It's awesome that we have that in common and we should embrace it. I like to hear everyone's input because it just helps decode it that much more. Everyone has a different view and it's a good thing. Now....back to the decoding.

• Like 10

Opinions are like belly buttons, we all have one but they aren't the same. They may or may not based on facts, they could be based on one fact while overlooking another. Differing opinions create great discussions.

Fixed for ya Ethan, thank me later.
TIL belly buttons may or may not be based on facts.
  • Like 4

As far as the layout goes, I think it is going to go between the train tracks and the WWC reservoir. If you ride the train, there is a large clearing there right before entering the train station. It seems to me, that positioning the layout between the tracks and WWC reservoir may make sense as the clearing suggests.

• Like 2

Just throwing this out for everyone saying the park is hyping it too much.

I may be wrong but it's been a real low key hype about project 2017. No radio commercials, no tv spots, no rattling box near an entrance.

All they have done is a cute sign on the fencing, some snap chat stuff, and maybe a tweet or few. Not a bunch of stuff.

I mean we on here have blown everything up more than anything else.

• Like 15