Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Is it a barrel, or rather..keg of nails? :rolleyes:

UC's trophy in football with its rivalry with Louisville was the Keg of Nails.

Yep, still hoping for a Bearcat theme.

While a Bearcat themed ride would be amazing, I think you might be stretching a bit here :P
  • Like 7

Barrel Rolls? Nice. I'd pay a whole city of silver dollars to ride a wooden barrel roll at Kings Island.

That actually brings up a good point: Outlaw Run has a really... odd layout, to say the least. It is often considered one of the top wood coasters. Also, for all of you people worried about length, it is only 2,937 feet long and 107 feet high. Using the terrain though, it has a 162 foot drop. I could see KI getting a similar ride from RMC, but it seems like KI's layout has much more potential!

709a6fe5a90306f275fde45789bb35a3.jpg

Here's the layout for those that don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Coming from someone who has seen the prints, I'm gonna say that the actual structure is going to be entirely steel.

If that's the case, it doesn't have to be RMC like a lot of people are speculating. Maybe GCI could be trying something new where the structure is made of steel, but the track is wood. I don't know If they could do that without getting in trouble with GG. Either way, I would be excited for this because I wouldn't have to travel across the country to ride an RMC. The only GCI that I have ridden would be Wildcat from Hershey Park.

• Like 1

Coming from someone who has seen the prints, I'm gonna say that the actual structure is going to be entirely steel.

If that's the case, it doesn't have to be RMC like a lot of people are speculating. Maybe GCI could be trying something new where the structure is made of steel, but the track is wood. I don't know If they could do that without getting in trouble with GG. Either way, I would be excited for this because I wouldn't have to travel across the country to ride an RMC. The only GCI that I have ridden would be Wildcat from Hershey Park.

They already have with White Lightning down at FunSpot and are building Invadr at BGW the same way. This is where my current prediction is at until I see actual evidence against it.

• Like 3

I think we're getting a wooden coaster with a steel structure. As for the barrel tweet? I believe we're getting a train update. Maybe bringing in some animatronics. I've seen all the pages of the prints, Adam my architect buddy says "this thing is more steel than wood!" "The lack of lateral supprts doesn't point to an all wood structure". While I trust my highly educated friend, this is one mans opinion and isn't official.

• Like 7

^ This exactly. When was the last time CF just placed a ride without making the surrounding area better Banshee,Valravn,Fury style. I think we will see something new to the trains considering an update is pretty needed.

I agree 100% The train will be an all new experience next year, and not because we have a new coaster around it.

• Like 3

Here I go again.  Can't stop working on this.  I'm serious when I say I feel like it won't go outside the train perimeter of MVRR with the exception of the entrance.  It will be on a platform, entrance will be at the Old Funnel Cake Stand, it will look and feel like Banshee train house and the MVRR will travel under it.  If it doesn't go above the tree tops, I say 3000 to 3500 Feet of track.  Anything above the skyline, maybe 4500  to 5000 ft of track.  With today's tweet from KingsIslandPR, if there are barrel rolls, then I wonder if it will have a cork screw like Vortex somewhere on the track.  Just putting the pieces together.  Who's with me on this?

27457912410_8064826f95_z.jpgKIProject2017FinalEdit by KingsIsland1972, on Flickr

• Like 9