Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Summary of coaster net video:

It is a wood coaster.

Based on footers in the engineer drawings they have ruled out RMC.

They believe it is a GCI.

Based on the lateral supports or lack there of they believe it is a metal truss structure.

They believe it to be a small wood coaster likely a family ride and no higher than 70 to 100 feet tall and not really fast.

• Like 6

I forgot to mention it and it probably means nothing, but I know some people thought there was significance.

The stage that was in front of Viking Fury has finally been removed. In 20 visits, the only time I ever saw it in use was when some kids snuck on to give an impromptu gymnastics demonstration.

• Like 4

I forgot to mention it and it probably means nothing, but I know some people thought there was significance.

The stage that was in front of Viking Fury has finally been removed. In 20 visits, the only time I ever saw it in use was when some kids snuck on to give an impromptu gymnastics demonstration.

It was for music in the park. Bands and choirs would play and sing on it. 

If anything, that only means they'll either move it to another location (perhaps inside the Arcade building next to Monster), or replace Board 2 Death or Sorority House. I think I'm more excited about the prospect of Tombstone Terror-tory not coming back this season with Project 2017 being under construction.

• Like 3

Der Spinning Keggers anyone?

Just remember a few pickers went across the pond to find a horde of loot for certain Cedar Fair parks.......

(If anyone wants an Illuminati style decoding on the barrel tweet, simply ask and thou shalt receive.)

• Like 11

Ugh...Coaster-net....I hate them more than my combined dislike of TPR and Screamscape.  

I don't know, man. They put a lot of good information out there (this time) so they can't be that bad.

Would you pick Buzz over TPR? I mean, that's the big two...

• Like 3

It was sad to see the wooden shoes at KK have a three person wait when I was there last week. Those were a staple of my late 70s early 80s reign. I played it off because I forgot the gdam name of those bloody contraptions at KI when I was a kid. And am on a bloody phone which makes it hard to research. Flying something or rathers. Flying Dutchman thank you very much. On a phone not going to rewrite all that.

And that's my decoding for today.

Decoding my own stupid thoughts. Should be a show next year. Don?

• Like 6

Ugh...Coaster-net....I hate them more than my combined dislike of TPR and Screamscape.  

I don't know, man. They put a lot of good information out there (this time) so they can't be that bad.

Let's just say I used to be a staff member there (coaster-net), and the behind the scenes crap is beyond idiotic. 

If y'all wonder why I can pull up info on coasters/parks so quickly, its because I did loads of research being a news and editorial writer over there as well as writing a few rides and park pages (all of which have been changed and/or removed since my departure).  

As Forrest Gump would say- That's all I have to say about that. 

• Like 6

And this whole time it's been there I've been waiting for the midget wrestlers to come out and put on a show.  

• Like 6

^Thats why the train will have a new experience!

New for 2017: Midget Wrestling shows for the train! While you were expecting to have a calm ride to Soak City, be prepared to watch as heads fly! Fun for the whole family!

This would be a great addition with the picnic coaster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Okay, so using the abutment plans, this scale and orientation is accurate. Location is questionable. [i was using SketchUp, so it's not as pretty as a Photoshop overlay.]

13442304_10209743567090665_6340122830907

Yeah, thats close. The exact positioning is tough. I've tried to lay it out over maps for days now, and can't find a clean path. Part of the problem is the satellite images are wonky. Lay a bing map over a google and you can't can't scale them to make them match. So that makes fitting it in next to impossible. I suspect that the the station/shed "loop" will border the reservoir, the ride's bridge(area between north and south abutments) will go over the train tracks, and somehow it will fish its way through the lower part of Diamondback. But honestly, i can't make it fit using the info I've seen and the maps I have. I think the coaster's bridge is probably the key to locating it, but I could see it bridging at least 3 different obstacles. 

• Like 1

Let's just say I used to be a staff member there, and the behind the scenes crap is beyond idiotic. 

If y'all wonder why I can pull up info on coasters/parks so quickly, its because I did loads of research being a news and editorial writer over there as well as writing a few rides and park pages (all of which have been changed and/or removed since my departure).  

As Forrest Gump would say- That's all I have to say about that.

Ha.

I received a permanent ban today on TPR for the offense of posting "Perhaps calling people stupid and idiots is not helpful to the discussion. I rarely find them persuasive." In one post and that was it. Some unnamed entusiast from Orlando was ranting about the WDW alligator incident. Everyone who disagreed with him was a moron, stupid or an ******* idiot. So he deleted my post, banned me and continued to rant. Then later this afternoon all the posts in that thread after the incident were deleted.

Me thinks someone's wife got home and wasn't to happy.

• Like 7

Okay, so using the abutment plans, this scale and orientation is accurate. Location is questionable. [i was using SketchUp, so it's not as pretty as a Photoshop overlay.]

Yeah, thats close. The exact positioning is tough. I've tried to lay it out over maps for days now, and can't find a clean path. Part of the problem is the satellite images are wonky. Lay a bing map over a google and you can't can't scale them to make them match. So that makes fitting it in next to impossible. I suspect that the the station/shed "loop" will border the reservoir, the ride's bridge(area between north and south abutments) will go over the train tracks, and somehow it will fish its way through the lower part of Diamondback. But honestly, i can't make it fit using the info I've seen and the maps I have. I think the coaster's bridge is probably the key to locating it, but I could see it bridging at least 3 different obstacles.

It's hard to tell from the images, but I used a UTM topographical map first, then overlaid the layout, then overlaid the satellite imagery.

I agree that the bridge span is the real variable. I figured once we see them break ground it will be easier position everything.

• Like 1

It's hard to tell from the images, but I used a UTM topographical map first, then overlaid the layout, then overlaid the satellite imagery.

I agree that the bridge span is the real variable. I figured once we see them break ground it will be easier position everything.

I stumbled across the map on the warren count site and it might be the best i've seen. It's overhead winter time, so you can see everything on the ground. Still not sure about the skew, but it seems easier to lay things in. Still don't see the magic location year though. Just google Warren county ohio GIS, and look at their online mapping. 

• Like 2