Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I met Don at the park yesterday, and admitted to being the creator of the Statue picture. More on that later...

He asked if I (we) were having fun with the teaser tweets and I said "oh, most certainly, yes!" I said "Well played so far!"  

Mutual smiles. (I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the Summer of 2016!)

• Like 15

If anyone is interested there are some other good sources of aerial photography of Kings Island besides just Google and Bing.

Hamilton County Which I know the park is not in Hamilton but they have photography which goes far enough to cover the park.  It is new enough it even has the gliders.  The site just says 2015, I think it is before the start of the 2015 season but I am not 100% sure.

Warren County The aerial photos are out of date but they have a lot of other information.  You can check out property lines, taxes, etc.  They even have some really old survey images you can download.

• Like 14

How old is "really old"?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Old enough they still say Taft Broadcasting.

Just want to add these are just surveys to show the property boundaries, easements, etc.  They are likely not that interesting to most people.

• Like 9

How old is "really old"?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Old enough they still say Taft Broadcasting.

Just want to add these are just surveys to show the property boundaries, easements, etc. They are likely not that interesting to most people.

I think he meant the 27 year old who said he was old.... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On my LOOONG drive to Kings Dominion today, this thought entered my head:

Former Coasters at KI and new coasters since Cedar Fair now owns the company that owns Kings Island:

Former Coaster:  King Cobra.  CF Coaster: Diamondback.  Both snakes.

Former Coaster:  Screamin' Demon.  CF Coaster: Banshee.  According to the FUN TV trivia, Banshee comes from an Irish folklore tale, and she is SCREAMIN' right before someone dies.

I can't, however, tie Firehawk to Galaxie.

• Like 5

"roll out the barrels." Have we considered that this coaster may have a barrel roll? Similar to Hades 360 or Jungle Trailblazer for example. GCI has confirmed Millennium Flyers can perform inversions, would GCI ever attempt an inversion? I know they're very true to the traditional woodie and don't often stray from that. But I'd reckon for the right amoof money, they'd built whatever the park wants. Within reason of course. (I haven't been active the past few days, I may have missed this)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I.

Am.

So.

Old!

I thought of moonshiners.

(and now I see Blondierideson thought the same thing, and is much younger.)

I would be more than amused to see a reboot of the antique cars with Robert Mitchumesque hotrod open top jalopies, with Thunder Road theming.

I haven't been to the this year to see how much of the trees had been taken away, though not fault of those providing pictures, so I don't know the space which has been altered.

• Like 5

If I am tossing my hat into the name game I'm going for Lokie or something to do with a windthrow

This is a Lokie

sightseers-ride-old-steam-lokie-anthraci

This is a Windthrow

Tree-windthrow-hickory-5-28-2016-3502.jp

this kind of looks similar to their twitter pic of "Falling trees" that they are constantly posting

Personally I'd like to see something themed around a train and Lokie would be a perfect fit because of it being a Logging train

(would also be a cool lead car)

• Like 6