Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

There is also alot of ash trees that are dead that would need to be removed if their close to any rides walkways or buildings.

The ash borer parasite probably killed those off. They should be removed for safety. Not just from falling and causing damage/injury, but dead trees are good fuel for fire. I try to remove anything that's good for a fire on my property, and I don't have millions of dollars worth of rides and structures on it.

• Like 4

There is also alot of ash trees that are dead that would need to be removed if their close to any rides walkways or buildings.

The ash borer parasite probably killed those off. They should be removed for safety. Not just from falling and causing damage/injury, but dead trees are good fuel for fire. I try to remove anything that's good for a fire on my property, and I don't have millions of dollars worth of rides and structures on it.

Most are dead that why they would require removal before they fall and cause damage or injury.

• Like 2

So I heard that there is clearing back by The Beast, meaning this coaster would be even more massive than we thought. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will confirm this as I just rode The Beast this evening.

Right after the first turn coming out of the drop on the right hand side, you can see the clearing about 3/4 the way up the second lift hill if you look to your right.

• Like 7

Seems like decoding has simmered down.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

I am just waiting for more information on placement. If they go over WWC, I can put the turn around in a comfortable position next to DB. I still expect Rivertown to expand with this project.
  • Like 2

I'm honestly shocked management is allowing these workers to even mention Son of Beast and new coaster in the same sentence. Now you will have the GP all screwed up. But a 200ft tall woodie is not out of the question. As long as short cuts are not taken during construction like the last one. Also with a steel structure it wouldn't be hard. But my guess is a lift hill between 125-135ft and a ride length between 3000-3200ft.

• Like 6

Forgot about most of it but the scarecrow and fence. But still, think this one is being teased more. Earlier than the 2013 tease. Then again I dont remember when the tease started for Banshee.

What has KI done that's been teasing for this ride, again a few signs, maybe a few posts on Snapchat or Twitter? We are the one making mountains from mole hills.

• Like 6

Agreed! The signage at the beginning of the 2013 season, the scarecrow men, the 7 owls, the ghostly wails behind the fence, "Field of Dreams". Banshee was heavily teased until the announcement.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Dont forget about the Blob!

792931029.jpg?1374506342&Expires=1466599

And the gravestones. :)(You can still find these gems in the queue line)

796240097.jpg?1375450051&Expires=1466599

Found here: http://twitpic.com/photos/kingsislandpr?page=3

• Like 8

Forgot about most of it but the scarecrow and fence. But still, think this one is being teased more. Earlier than the 2013 tease. Then again I dont remember when the tease started for Banshee.

We had footings in the ground on opening day of 2013.  That's about as early of a tease as you can get.  

• Like 11

Son of Beast has a rather ignomious reputation with the general public.  I don't think the park would want the baggage that would come with reusing the name.  In fact, even though Beast related names are amusing, I would be very surprised if the park chose to name another coaster in similar fashion.

Besides, when you have a great name like Cowboy Coaster, why use something else? 

• Like 9