Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I'm going later this evening. Around 3ish. Can you see the clearing from The Beast's queue? Or only from those spots on the ride?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I was there this morning, wasn't visible from the queue. I noticed 2 clearings and there was a groundskeeper running a machine right up against the supports between the 2 clearings.

Clearing 1 was visible immediately exiting the first drop tunnel on the right hand side. Also visible on the second lift hill if you look to the right.

Clearing 2 was just after the hill coming out of the first drop tunnel (with the trims) and before you make the turn into the brake shed.

• Like 5

I'm honestly shocked management is allowing these workers to even mention Son of Beast and new coaster in the same sentence. Now you will have the GP all screwed up. But a 200ft tall woodie is not out of the question. As long as short cuts are not taken during construction like the last one. Also with a steel structure it wouldn't be hard. But my guess is a lift hill between 125-135ft and a ride length between 3000-3200ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The minimum length based on the information at city hall is 3250ft. Elevation is not considered in this number.

• Like 2

Over the river and through the woods....

Why do people go to grandma's house, or in this case, the train house? Holidays, and what holiday event is rumoured to come back this year? Winterfest, so it could be a hint for Winterfest and not the said coaster. 

Logically, a lot of Christmas trees are felled for the holiday season, people travel over rivers and woods to get to relatives, Christmas tree farms have signs that say watch for falling trees, so it could all just be.....a diversion....or maybe this is a diversion, who knows. 

• Like 6

Over the river and through the woods....

Why do people go to grandma's house, or in this case, the train house? Holidays, and what holiday event is rumoured to come back this year? Winterfest, so it could be a hint for Winterfest and not the said coaster. 

Logically, a lot of Christmas trees are felled for the holiday season, people travel over rivers and woods to get to relatives, Christmas tree farms have signs that say watch for falling trees, so it could all just be.....a diversion....or maybe this is a diversion, who knows. 

2017?  Winterfest confirmed.  ;)

• Like 5

^Be nice to bring The Beastie name back "to its rightful place" by renaming Woodstock Express. Why they ever decided to theme the greatest kids coaster ever (with a terrible paint scheme) is beyond me...curse you Paramount!

Old man rant over.

Woodstock Express was given to it by Cedar Fair. Paramount didn't have rights to the Peanuts theme.

• Like 1

^Be nice to bring The Beastie name back "to its rightful place" by renaming Woodstock Express. Why they ever decided to theme the greatest kids coaster ever (with a terrible paint scheme) is beyond me...curse you Paramount!

Old man rant over.

I wonder what Scoobie Doo thinks of this plan.

• Like 8

^was at the park with my son (3 yrs) a couple weeks ago so we were hanging in Planet Snoopy. I overheard this 12-13 yr old girl ask a middle-aged man where The Beast was and he replied "which one, the big one or the little one?" She looked at him like he was from Jupiter. After she left I told him we are in an old generation..."the little one" doesn't exist anymore.

• Like 7

Old man rant over.

Woodstock Express was given to it by Cedar Fair. Paramount didn't have rights to the Peanuts theme.

It was named Beastie, during the Nick U expansion era it was renamed to the Fairly Odd Coaster to go with Fairly Odd Parents. So of course when CF came in they had to rename it. So it went and became Wood Stock Express.... Soooo curses Paramount

• Like 3

Old man rant over.

Don't forget... They also removed the tunnel on the first drop.

• Like 7