Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I'm starting to wonder if they may alter the train route a little. I really don't think they'd want this ride running through the center of WWC, but could see them going over it a couple times. It would be really sad to see them remove either water ride in that area. I think the interaction, or lack of, with Diamondback could be very telling.

• Like 7

Been watching the POV of Prowler at Worlds of Fun. If this coaster is anything like it from what i've seen and heard; I think it'll be a good addition.

I just did, also. That would be fun addition.

It would be good to have some mid-range rides for kids who are "too old" for some of the Planet Snoopy rides, but too short for the big, daring rides.

• Like 4

Do we have a commandment on not messing with Beast just as we have one for Adventure Express? :P

Seriously though, if we're seeing that big of a clearing area (between RFYLCB and Beast), then consider me impressed.

We do. I declared that commandment last week. See: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/32105-the-beast-needs-to-be-updated/?p=733378 :)

• Like 7

Ok now for a curveball that has me confused. This was sent by a friend tonight. The pink marker us under DB right before it goes into the splashdown and the other white white I believe is in the helix or in front of The old crypt building. You can see the cleared out bushes with a white marker. e610ed46f772d8b869f4a1f49e9cd6c7.jpg84c1234fef33096030abb85deb3347c9.jpg

Picture credit: Morgan Whitsel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Ok now for a curveball that has me confused. This was sent by a friend tonight. The pink marker us under DB right before it goes into the splashdown and the other white white I believe is in the helix or in front of The old crypt building. You can see the cleared out bushes with a white marker.

Picture credit: Morgan Whitsel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The while thing just looks like a PVC cleanout and cap. Probably a sewer or other drain that goes through there and has probably been there a while. 

• Like 7

From analyzing the plans thrown around, I realized RMC doesn't have that much lateral bracing in turns, see Iron Rattler. I created this concept:

I am certain that this ride will have bigger hills than that. I have a lot of doubt of any kind of launch.
  • Like 2

I'm not ruling out RMC at this point but some reasons I don't think it will be them.

1. RMC supports have always been straight into the ground instead of the concrete structure that we see in the plans. 

2. RMC to my knowledge has never made the supports completely steel like in the plans.

3. I think CF is more likely to "test" RMC with a Iron horse before diving straight into a new coaster.

4. This layout screams GCI down to the maintenance shed.

Yes I know there are always firsts for manufacturers, and that is why I'm not ruling them out. I'm also very excited for the rest of this Decoding, even if it isn't as crazy as Banshee's.

• Like 5