Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Yes I know there are always firsts for manufacturers, and that is why I'm not ruling them out. I'm also very excited for the rest of this Decoding, even if it isn't as crazy as Banshee's.

I'm very excited for the rest of this Decoding, even if it isn't as crazy as Banshee's

We can tell you're excited. Times two!

• Like 2

I wonder what the topography is like at the far end of the alleged layout (south of the train track and just to the southwest of Diamondback's back stretches).  I know there are some decent hills and landscape to work with around WWC if this is to be a terrain based layout.   Prowler on steroids with a touch of Thunderhead's fast pacing and intensity is my hope for this.  

• Like 6

Just saw Prowler's POV, it looks fun, and I'd be ok with a bigger version of that. However, if it does end up being a GCI, I'd prefer it to be more like Lightning Racer and less like Thunderhead.

Edit: Also, I'm not a huge fan of the layouts people have proposed via No Limits/RCT3 as that double up/down bugs me. Then again, that's way more than I can do in No Limits, so go them! :)

• Like 6

I wonder what the topography is like at the far end of the alleged layout (south of the train track and just to the southwest of Diamondback's back stretches).  I know there are some decent hills and landscape to work with around WWC if this is to be a terrain based layout.   Prowler on steroids with a touch of Thunderhead's fast pacing and intensity is my hope for this.  

This map gives a pretty good idea what the terrain is like in the area.

https://mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php?ll=39.34,-84.271&z=15&t=t1

• Like 7

We thought we had it, but honestly it seems like the decoding has just begun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job with the Carpenters video!  Always was and always will be the greatest pop duo in history.  :)

• Like 1

While I don't think Beast will be referenced in the naming of this coaster I've always liked the names Spawn of Beast or Altered Beast if it's a hybrid.

With the marker appearing near the Diamondback splash down brings new relevance to the splash down "key" teaser. Though I think the coaster won't go there but something else might.

• Like 4

^ I just said it.  And so have millions of other people in the past 40+ years.  I highly doubt we are "nobody".  Maybe it was just before your time?

Just think...that clip above was made when Kings Island was under construction.

Hey, maybe this new "attraction" will be themed to the early 70's - when Kings Island was built!  Only music from the early 70's would be played!  

Maybe it will actually be called "Carpenters"...carpenters do work with wood, after all...

• Like 2

@Ethancoaster: Thunderhead (IMO) is weird. My first ride I loved it, next ride (a few years later) it was too much side to side movement and my most recent ride was crazy in the back. So, you could say Thunderhead and I have an interesting relationship... :P

On the other hand, Lightning Racer is fun, smooth and re-rideable!

• Like 5

@Ethancoaster: Thunderhead (IMO) is weird. My first ride I loved it, next ride (a few years later) it was too much side to side movement and my most recent ride was crazy in the back. So, you could say Thunderhead and I have an interesting relationship... :P

I think that's what makes the ride great. The laterals are so strong and the layout has so many direction changes, it's a struggle just to stay upright!
  • Like 4

I personally like Thunderhead.  The direction changes are part of what makes it exciting.  Obviously we can't judge what KI's new coaster is going to be like, since we haven't seen anything other than a general out-and-back overhead layout - but I want to hope there will be some nice elements that make up for the lack of a twisty design.

• Like 2

That's how I feel about Thunderhead. Somebody mentioned that I had it listed in my Top 10 in my signature, even though I said I only moderately enjoyed it. I had to edit my list based on more recent rides on it. However, I really enjoyed Joris en de Draak at Efteling, so I have faith that a GCI can be maintained and remain enjoyable.

• Like 3

By the RARE chance this coaster were to interact with Beast, here's a possible position for it.

For it to interact with The Beast, the blueprints we've seen would have to be wrong on scale and/or orientation. If they are wrong on that, we'd have to assume that everything is potentially wrong including the layout we've seen and even that it's a wood coaster. 

That being said, I haven't been able to make any layout work in a way that i think is logical with the scale and orientation that the blueprints give us, so who knows.

• Like 4

^ The north end is the easy part. It's the south end that I can't get to make work. It always tries to go through a maze of Diamondback supports or cross WWC multiple times in bad spots. Thats not to say it can't be done. I just have trouble seeing it work that way. I keep looking for the "AHA" spot and keep failing. 

Edit: unless removing Picnic area buildings is an option. Then things open up a little. 

• Like 2