Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Well if you exclude minor leagues and lower interest sports, the last title from Ohio was the Reds in 1990, a crisp 26 years ago

Yep, that's what I was talkin bout.

Remember that well. It was quite a big deal.

Now they seem to struggle to fill half the stadium.

• Like 3

^Well, this year the Reds won't because they traded away key pieces and are near the bottom of MLB.  When they are/get good, they will fill GABP up.  

The Bengals have the pieces, but just can't seem to break the wild card game curse.  

• Like 5

Or we could, you know, just wait for a tweet and not demand it. We're not Don's bosses. They send out tweets when they feel as though they need to, not because people on a thread of an enthusiast site demanded it. 

Well, in a sense we pay part of his salary, so there's that angle. 

• Like 2

How about we stop being jerks towards Don and let them do things at their own pace, eh?  

Just a reminder- he's not doing any of these hints just for us.  Quit forgetting about, you know, the other demographics that pay attention to the park.

• Like 18

:lol: LOL. Having been in Phoenix, Las Vegas, Chicago, New York and other major metro areas, that sounded kinda funny to me XD.

Cincinnati is roughly half the size of Las Vegas. However, the Cincinnati metropolitan area (2.1 million) is actually larger than the Las Vegas metropolitan area (1.9 million) as of the 2010 census.

• Like 7

Uh...he's gonna post more teasers.  Its his job.  Asking him for more won't speed up the process.  

And television viewers crossing their fingers when their team is soooo close to winning doesn't change the outcome either; but it makes them feel better. Seriously, why does it bother you?

• Like 6

1. I didn't see anyone "demanding" anything. Let's clear that up right now. Where did you see "demands" being made? All I saw was playful requests.

2. His salary is paid by the park. The park is paid by guests. Ipso facto, his salary does, in part, come from the paying customers; several of which are on this forum. We don't have specific leverage on how he does his job, but the customer being satisfied is part of his job. [it's part of mine too, and I only have 2 people above me in the company I work for.]

Maybe this view of business escapes some people. A business only thrives if the customers are happy.

• Like 7

I agree nobody is demanding it, but it's a pet peeve of mine when someone claims to pay a persons salary. It really grinds my gears when someone wants a person to do something because "I pay your salary." No, you do not pay the persons salary, you pay the business, which in turn pays the salary. If you do not buy something, the business still pays the persons salary. It hurts the business, which may in turn hurt the employee, but saying you pay their salary is incorrect.

Just something that really gets under my skin.

Mini-rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 12

This site has a good relationship between the park and its management.  I just don't want to see it thrown away when all you guys are nagging him for teasers.  

Any of you who were around for the last decoding thread should know how that works quite well. 

• Like 10

*DBInternational changed the name of the group to, "Ohio Sports Championships"*

The fact that this topic was so easy to derail is evidence that Don needs to put out some more teasers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Don, I know you're reading this. The people of KIC would like a new #Project2017 tweet today, please and thank you.

Demanding? Nagging? 

I think there's a significant amount of overreaction going on here. 

• Like 7

Well if you exclude minor leagues and lower interest sports, the last title from Ohio was the Reds in 1990, a crisp 26 years ago

Ah yes, and what a night it was.  I remember it vividly.  After I got off work, I thought it would be cool to go downtown with a co-worker, for just a quick drive-through, to join in the festive mood of people celebrating.  Needless to say THAT was a mistake.  Took us several hours just to get through town. haha.

Or we could, you know, just wait for a tweet and not demand it. We're not Don's bosses. They send out tweets when they feel as though they need to, not because people on a thread of an enthusiast site demanded it. 

Well, in a sense we pay part of his salary, so there's that angle. 

Patience is a virtue...one that, admittedly, I still sometimes have trouble with.  The truth is, this desire for more tweets and teasers is only being fueled by the impatience of people who want to know what the new coaster is going to be like.  They are like kids on Christmas Eve, wanting to look for hidden presents that have not yet been put under the tree.  The reality is that the park/coaster enthusiasts don't know how to run an amusement park.  The park owners and management do.  I imagine if KI did everything coaster enthusiasts wanted them to do, simply because they supposedly pay part of his salary, the park would be full of coasters each over 450' high, reaching speeds of 100+ mph, wrapping around the structure of the Eiffel Tower, and having 25 inversions each.  There would be no family rides, and admission would only be $10.  But that's no way to run a business.

Now, pardon me if I've rambled on.  I sometimes have trouble with that, too. :unsure:

• Like 3

This site has a good relationship between the park and its management.  I just don't want to see it thrown away when all you guys are nagging him for teasers.  

Any of you who were around for the last decoding thread should know how that works quite well. 

Don couldn't care less what we request on a third-party site.  Do you honestly think he feels compelled/obligated to do something based on what we post here?  Come on.

• Like 3