Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I would guess the teasers have stopped due to the plans being discovered. There is no reason to give away more than what has been found already. A wooden coaster is pretty much guaranteed, so what else can you tease? Manufacturer? (for the 1% who care?), track layout? (it's going back in the woods, probably interacting with WWC in someway), Inversions? (maybe, maybe not)

The only substantial thing left is the official announcement and the name. I'm guessing the end of August and Sasquatch as the name.

How many in the gp know we discovered the plans? Kings Island caters to 99% not us 1%. If enthusiasts even make up 1%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 9

We also need to remember that most of the GP don't use twitter, instagram and snapchat, where a lot (all?) of the clues/hints have been posted. 

the KI twitter account has just over 60k twitter followers. ~65k instagram followers (probably safe to say there's a ton of overlap in those). I'm unsure on snapchat as I am a curmudgeon and refuse to create an account there, but I'm guessing it's close to the 60k mark, probably less. 

Those may seem like impressive follower counts, but that's just ~3% of the over 2mil people in the Cinci metro area. The park's market area is far larger than just the Cinci area. So that percentage of 'general public' gets smaller when you include the folks from further out (like me in the Columbus area, others in Dayton etc).

• Like 3

We also need to remember that most of the GP don't use twitter, instagram and snapchat, where a lot (all?) of the clues/hints have been posted.

the KI twitter account has just over 60k twitter followers. ~65k instagram followers (probably safe to say there's a ton of overlap in those). I'm unsure on snapchat as I am a curmudgeon and refuse to create an account there, but I'm guessing it's close to the 60k mark, probably less.

Those may seem like impressive follower counts, but that's just ~3% of the over 2mil people in the Cinci metro area. The park's market area is far larger than just the Cinci area. So that percentage of 'general public' gets smaller when you include the folks from further out (like me in the Columbus area, others in Dayton etc).

Even as far south as Richmond, KY where I live. We see tons of Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, and Dollywood.

I'd say they are probably also marketing in southern and central Indiana. Trying to ruin holidays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I love ejector air when it doesn't empty the contents from the deep pockets of your cargo shorts and lockers aren't provided.... hint never get Velcro cargo shorts..... zippers all the way if you can find the zipper kind... ;)

An excellent choice are the current BSA uniform shorts/swim trunks. Synthetic quick drying, one zipper pocket, one pocket has a dry sack on a tether, no exposed metal so good for waterpark. Up to size 3X. All for only $20 at your local Scout Shop.

• Like 9

Argh. You guys had to "nag" for more hints, so I'm forced to ride the train again. So far, looks like it did when I rode Friday. There was a guy in a pith helmet driving a golf cart in the woods but I don't think it's related.

Most interesting thing near the tracks this week is they finally cleared out the big brush pile they collected by the fort (see KI's Instagram).

• Like 11

So obviously trespassing is a no-no. However, I'm 6'4", if i was to stretch really big during a yawn with my phone in my hand and take a picture over said fence would that be frowned upon?

You can go as far as standing on the bench and nobody cares. (I know from experience)
  • Like 4

What has me confused, is the clearing where the excavator is sitting doesnt line up to anything on the leaked layout that i can see. as well as the clearing at the bend where the train is pulling into the station.

There is a positioning that puts the bend between the stations at the spot where the excavator is, the turn that the top of the first drop over near where the new tree cutting video us, the coaster's bridge over the WWC queue, and the line between zone 2 and 3 at the train tracks near the bridge. It sorta fits with the work areas we have seen. The problem is the zone 3 stuff all has to go through Diamondback, and I'm just not confident enough that it can fit through there. 

The clearing at the bend pulling into the station is likely just going to be the entrance to the ride area. I think it's likely that regardless where the coaster ends up.  

But all of this clearing doesn't necessarily have to be for the new ride location. It could be for equipment access, repositioning the train tracks, or other new things that haven't been decoded yet. 

• Like 5

I love ejector air when it doesn't empty the contents from the deep pockets of your cargo shorts and lockers aren't provided.... hint never get Velcro cargo shorts..... zippers all the way if you can find the zipper kind... ;)

So how was Storm Chaser or is it now known as the iPhone eater?

• Like 5