Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Yep, I know...but, If we were allowed to snap the 2nd set sure. It's really just were I envisioned them going if and when we received a new set, way before we saw the install in Planet Snoopy. The new flyers we currently have are fun, but just a pale comparison to the Flying Eagles.

• Like 8

When the plans were first leaked ,I did screenshots of the plan and just uploaded them to my computer today ( I couldn't read the notes from the prints on my phone) and noticed in the section about the foundations where it talks about a lake crossing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny since my copies show no mention of a "lake crossing" please elaborate.

• Like 1

That suggests that the detail plan we've seen for the abutment would be on the edge of the reservoir. The only place I see that working so that the north and south abutments are both on the lake edge would be the eastern tip. That creates some issues with the train station and potato works. It also puts us back to fishing through Diamondback. And takes all interaction with WWC away. 

This project is going to give me an ulcer

• Like 9

That suggests that the detail plan we've seen for the abutment would be on the edge of the reservoir. The only place I see that working so that the north and south abutments are both on the lake edge would be the eastern tip. That creates some issues with the train station and potato works. It also puts us back to fishing through Diamondback. And takes all interaction with WWC away. 

This project is going to give me an ulcer

If you just use the stakes as a guide it will pass over closer to the middle of the reservoir.  There was a line of stakes down one side and up the other several weeks ago.  I have not been looking for them recently so no idea if they are still there.  I have been trying to figure out if it is where the ride is side by side or if this is the part right after the lift hill.

But the plan in question is labeled as the "North Abutment Plan"  An abutment is the supports under the end of a bridge which suggests the shaded area is on the north shore of the reservoir.

• Like 3

^Yes gave Guest Relations all the details, location, color, address, etc.... and I've called them every day but no luck so far. I expect it will never be "found". Heck it survived 40 feet to the gravel below and sent signals till the battery died. If the screen didn't shatter, I'm sure it will end up on Ebay some day.

Other than that, the coaster was great and I'm hoping the mystery coaster at KI ends up being an RMC!

Unless the FBI/NSA/Iluminatti get ahold of it Find my IPhone cannot be turned off without entering your iCloud password and should function once it is powered on and has a cell or wifi signal. Keep checking every day. I would also consult some iPhone blogs like Imore.com for tips on retrieving a lost IOS device.

Good luck.

Regarding that image. Just brainstorming here and I fully admit I know little of the history here but could the plans be a ruse and they are building an improved flume? What about that one they took out of CP? Does CF relocate rides often?

• Like 4

^Yup even wiping the phone and putting the device in DFU mode can't break Find my iPhone and iCloud lock. It's hard-coded into the iOS. As for the efforts of KK staff to find the phone, all they'd have to do is stand in the restricted area after park closing, so its quiet, and have you play the lost phone sound and have the screen light up. Simple. It makes me mad they claim they weren't able to find it.

• Like 5

If you just use the stakes as a guide it will pass over closer to the middle of the reservoir.  There was a line of stakes down one side and up the other several weeks ago.  I have not been looking for them recently so no idea if they are still there.  I have been trying to figure out if it is where the ride is side by side or if this is the part right after the lift hill.

But the plan in question is labeled as the "North Abutment Plan"  An abutment is the supports under the end of a bridge which suggests the shaded area is on the north shore of the reservoir.

I haven't been able to go look for stakes myself unfortunately. Hoping to go next week.

But, that's what I'm saying, If you use the layout scaled properly, and put the north abutment on the edge of the reservoir, the only place that the south abutment is at the edge is if you move everything to the eastern tip of the reservoir. If you have it anywhere else, the south abutment ends up in the middle of the reservoir and not on an edge. 

• Like 1

Line E. I took this screenshot the day the plans were first leaked

Good catch I missed that. But I take it is meant for where the coaster goes under the new train bridge that will replace the current levy between the train house and station.

• Like 2

Man, you guys have posted a lot these past few days.  :blink:  I'm just now logging in to catch up.

Unit, prune it - stock, schlock.  Did you have a good weekend, Terp?  ;)  Thanks for the link.  I'm sorry I hassled you. :(  I just get a bit testy.  Comes with old age.  :P 

It ISN'T stock.

Starting a stock thread to talk about WHAT?

SIGH.

Terp, who HAS a tombstone at Kings Island.

But they use the word sto...oh, never mind.  :D

Terp seems cranky

Seb running away

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

He's entitled to be once in a while. :P

• Like 3

You obviously don't have The plans and should chill on the sassy posts. It will only show (in the end) that you were wrong. Keep up the decoding! Also, look for more construction to start next week. Its almost footer time!!

Considering he has shown me pictures of the plans and was one of the first people to show that they were legitimate plans I guarantee he has them. As for missing something like a "lake crossing" that comes down to it being buried in a lot of words that someone is glancing over. I'm gonna say that most people have limited time to spend decoding, so that can lead to things slipping through the cracks.

• Like 2

You obviously don't have The plans and should chill on the sassy posts. It will only show (in the end) that you were wrong. Keep up the decoding! Also, look for more construction to start next week. Its almost footer time!!

since old school, who has proven he has a copy of the plans, says its there, and the person who pointed this out posted a picture of the relevant section of the plans that says lake crossing....... I think we'll take their word over you who hasn't given any proof that they know anything. 

• Like 8