Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Next to BeastGal and anyone else who ever gets accused of being a troll, the answer is simple to stopping the accusations, have a legitimate profile picture of yourself or meet with some of the people from the forum that can confirm who you are. I am not saying run out and meet with strangers just to prove who you are but what I am saying is there is a lot of meetups and friendly people on here that at the very least are willing to say hi to you at the park for a brief moment, plus it makes communities like this more fun. As long as you have that blank picture and no info though people will automatically assume troll until proven otherwise.

I'm definitely one to recommend meetups (here's a FAQ I posted awhile back), but some members have reasons for staying anonymous - which is completely fine. Members who make respectful posts & consistently follow the rules generally don't get accused of trolling.

• Like 7

Next to BeastGal and anyone else who ever gets accused of being a troll, the answer is simple to stopping the accusations, have a legitimate profile picture of yourself or meet with some of the people from the forum that can confirm who you are. I am not saying run out and meet with strangers just to prove who you are but what I am saying is there is a lot of meetups and friendly people on here that at the very least are willing to say hi to you at the park for a brief moment, plus it makes communities like this more fun. As long as you have that blank picture and no info though people will automatically assume troll until proven otherwise.

I'm definitely one to recommend meetups (here's a FAQ I posted awhile back), but some members have reasons for staying anonymous - which is completely fine. Members who make respectful posts & consistently follow the rules generally don't get accused of trolling.

It's not necessarily that they want to remain anonymous, they are just scared you'll run them to death.

:)

• Like 4

Remember this tweet before the new attraction was dubbed #KIProject 2017 ? Just thinking the layout that is being shown all over the media now isn't the real deal . I get a sense of something bigger e890998d4d2744e06f231956837ffb20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double post but why would Kings Island REALLY file plans to local government :/ 

• Like 1

^ The plans wouldn't necessarily be fake, just not complete. The only area that is really accurate would be footers and the area of work highlighted, Everything outside of that is subject to change if I understand correctly. I don't think these are fake by any means, but we definitely don't have all the pieces to the layout yet.

• Like 2

The only thing we have is not even a layout, it's the path to a layout. 

We don't know what the banks are going to be, or if there are any twists or loops (We can rule out Dive/Immelmans/Vertical Loops) since You can most definitely tell those parts of any roller coaster. But are we going to have Barrel rolls, we don't know until a more detailed plan is shown off. Which possibly won't happen for a little longer down the road. 

We still don't know a name. It could be Centurion, but it also could be something different. We still do not know a manufacturer... RMC, GCI, CCI, GG, Intamin even... (I doubt intamin, but you never know) We still don't even exactly know the height, length, nor the exact location that this ride will be placed in. 

We know the experience shown while being on the train will definitely change when this ride comes.

We know to watch for falling trees. 

Axes, and barrels have something to do with it.

By the way, can't we just go back to the old saying... "Those who know, do not speak. Those who don't know, speak"? And can we also stop tearing out heads off of our necks with this tread? Seriously? It's very bad here and I feel like a lot of people are hating each other on this site, and no one should EVER be called out, and or getting rude private messages. 

If you know, STOP talking. If you don't know, please continue to talk. but be nice about it! This thread is very frustrating, and I honestly think it might be possible to suggest a shut down, or a firm limitation because I don't like how this thread is going, and I feel like other people are feeling the same way. 

• Like 17

Dollywood mechanics has no experience with launched rides...

Tell that to the guys that work on Firechaser Express.

Again, one ride is propelled by tires and one ride is propelled by electromagnets....

FTFY.

Both systems are electrical. One is electric brush motors, the other is magnetic LIM/LSM motors.

• Like 6

I have only seen what has been leaked on this site and now the news media yesterday, but certainly the park would have to submit the final or at least a more detailed plan of what they are going to do , I'm just guessing that with footings being poured soon ( I hope ) those plans would have been submitted by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The only thing we have is not even a layout, it's the path to a layout. 

We don't know what the banks are going to be, or if there are any twists or loops (We can rule out Dive/Immelmans/Vertical Loops) since You can most definitely tell those parts of any roller coaster. But are we going to have Barrel rolls, we don't know until a more detailed plan is shown off. Which possibly won't happen for a little longer down the road. 

We still don't know a name. It could be Centurion, but it also could be something different. We still do not know a manufacturer... RMC, GCI, CCI, GG, Intamin even... (I doubt intamin, but you never know) We still don't even exactly know the height, length, nor the exact location that this ride will be placed in. 

We know the experience shown while being on the train will definitely change when this ride comes.

We know to watch for falling trees. 

Axes, and barrels have something to do with it.

By the way, can't we just go back to the old saying... "Those who know, do not speak. Those who don't know, speak"? And can we also stop tearing out heads off of our necks with this tread? Seriously? It's very bad here and I feel like a lot of people are hating each other on this site, and no one should EVER be called out, and or getting rude private messages. 

If you know, STOP talking. If you don't know, please continue to talk. but be nice about it! This thread is very frustrating, and I honestly think it might be possible to suggest a shut down, or a firm limitation because I don't like how this thread is going, and I feel like other people are feeling the same way. 

Yes, and this thread seems WAY more crazy than Banshee's

• Like 2

Could someone get a shot of all this clearing (if possible) from the Eiffel Tower just to get an idea of where this all is (especially for those of us not able to make it to the park this season)?

At least from the Live camera angle it looks like most of the clearing is covered by Diamondback's lift hill.

• Like 4

Try to build something in the city of Mason and tell the city you are just going to submit a footer plan. Or just part of a footer plan. 

They have to submit complete plans to get a building permit. Now those plans may be sealed and hidden from the public, but they do have to be submitted and approved before the first shovel of dirt is turned over. 

• Like 9