Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

At this point I don't really care what we get. I prefer a RMC, but wouldn't care if we got a GCI. I read something on this form about GCI being able to do inversions, honestly I will be fine with whatever we get as long as it barrel rolls over the reservoir (If it does indeed go over the reservoir) I just think that would be an incredible element to have.

Just thought of this...

Do a barrel roll!!!

:P

• Like 9

^^With no source whatsoever. I could have said "KI is getting a coaster with astounding height and a few crazy elements," which may or may not be wrong, but it is a clue. If I'm not mistaken, the only thing this poster said before the leak was that they knew what it is going to be, and that it was great to see the guesses, or something to that extent. I don't remember said user explicitly give a clue.

This being said, the chippiness and overall frustration in this thread is making it not as fun as Banshees. I get that these things occur, but it seems worse this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Yeah for some reason people get jumped on for having a different opinion or a thought that someone doesn't agree with on here. I don't get why others on here can't have their own thoughts and opinions without someone jumping all over their case. I don't understand the need to get so worked up cause everyone doesn't agree.

• Like 9

Yeah for some reason people get jumped on for having a different opinion or a thought that someone doesn't agree with on here. I don't get why others on here can't have their own thoughts and opinions without someone jumping all over their case. I don't understand the need to get so worked up cause everyone doesn't agree.

I absolutely agree.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It's just varying levels of maturity. Cooler minds tend to prevail on here. Keep calm, and keep discussing the topic. You're in much better company than you might think.

My decoding for the day.

We will see a pretty good picture from you.

• Like 7

Opinions are splendid.

What's frustrating and eye-roll-inducing is that a few users here are posting as if they're insiders, "blessing" us with little hints and photos of where things will be with sly, coy "winks" that are supposed to impress us and make us swoon with just how elite they must be. We're supposed to be bamboozled with how they got this information and plead for them to share more. These posters are decidedly NOT insiders – if they ever were, they wouldn't have remained that way for long.

Given that they're not insiders, that means

1) they're either faking it and pretending to be in the know (which is not cool, fun, cute, or admirable)

~ OR ~

2) they really did find out through some coincidence, a friend-of-a-friend connection, something illicit, etc (which makes these little "winks" ESPECIALLY not cool, fun, cute, or admirable).

Speculation is fun. Opinions and guesswork and hopes and fears and desires are what make "decoding" such a fun annual past time for enthusiasts and guests. Someone who purports to know-it-all – whether genuinely or otherwise – sucks the fun out of it for those of us who are enjoying each other's company and learning what different members here look for in their rides. I have posted similarly in the past and been ignored by said users, who know who they are. So be it. But I'll ask again: just to let the rest of us have some fun, leave the cute little "winks" to the park? If you are indeed right, we'll know soon enough and you can gloat then. I won't see it, but I'm sure some here will!

There are those here who truly and absolutely know what the park is doing in 2017. They are not posting about it.

• Like 25

^ They said that it is likely that it will have a white steel structure, but others like Oldschool have said that the term "girder truss" in the plans is for the bridge. I think a steel structure makes sense with the amount of lateral supports seen on the structure.

I am not putting much stock in 2 guys doing a coaster special out of their parents' basements.
You do realize that one of them is highly educated in engineering and knows how to read technical drawings? The information they shared is available to anything willing to look for it.
  • Like 9

Opinions are splendid.

What's frustrating and eye-roll-inducing is that a few users here are posting as if they're insiders, "blessing" us with little hints and photos of where things will be with sly, coy "winks" that are supposed to impress us and make us swoon with just how elite they must be. We're supposed to be bamboozled with how they got this information and plead for them to share more. These posters are decidedly NOT insiders – if they ever were, they wouldn't have remained that way for long.

Given that they're not insiders, that means

1) they're either faking it and pretending to be in the know (which is not cool, fun, cute, or admirable)

~ OR ~

2) they really did find out through some coincidence, a friend-of-a-friend connection, something illicit, etc (which makes these little "winks" ESPECIALLY not cool, fun, cute, or admirable).

Speculation is fun. Opinions and guesswork and hopes and fears and desires are what makes "decoding" such a fun annual past time for enthusiasts and guests. Someone who purports to know-it-all – whether genuinely or otherwise – sucks the fun out of it for those of us who are enjoying each other's company and learning what different members here look for in their rides. I have posted similarly in the past and been ignored by said users, who know who they are. So be it. But I'll ask again: just to let the rest of us have some fun, leave the cute little "winks" to the park?

There are those here who truly and absolutely know what the park is doing in 2017. They are not posting about it.

When it comes to that I get what your saying but at the same time why let it frustrate you at all. The way I see it they either seriously believe they know something the rest don't in which case let them believe so. Or they could be trying to just mess with people in which case getting a rise out of you is probably what they want anyway. Either way it doesn't really effect me. I just keep scrolling. I don't post here much because I was jumped on for stating how I thought if this coaster was less than 3k ft of track it would be too short imo.

• Like 3

Don't worry. I "ignored" the posters in my settings and this is only the second time I'm acknowledging the problem in the months it's been ongoing. But whenever there's speculation of a serious new attraction coming to the park, membership here swells with new people and I want them all to stick around and become part of the community!  ^_^ A good place to start is to introduce the most basic rule of thumb we have: "those who speak don't know, and those who know don't speak." Easy! As for those claiming to know it all, they might have similarly ignored me, which is fine. I'm not trying to change them. I'm trying to help everyone else sort out the difference.

• Like 13

Opinions are splendid.

Given that they're not insiders, that means

1) they're either faking it and pretending to be in the know (which is not cool, fun, cute, or admirable)

~ OR ~

Speculation is fun. Opinions and guesswork and hopes and fears and desires are what makes "decoding" such a fun annual past time for enthusiasts and guests. Someone who purports to know-it-all – whether genuinely or otherwise – sucks the fun out of it for those of us who are enjoying each other's company and learning what different members here look for in their rides. I have posted similarly in the past and been ignored by said users, who know who they are. So be it. But I'll ask again: just to let the rest of us have some fun, leave the cute little "winks" to the park? If you are indeed right, we'll know soon enough and you can gloat then. I won't see it, but I'm sure some here will!

So nice I think it should be said twice.

• Like 6

a Sometimes it is best to remain silent and let people think you are a fool than to start posting utter nonsense and remove all doubt.

b. Some are pure trolls, trying to elicit a reaction by whatever means necessary. Probably best to ignore them, however hard that may be.

c. That which is occurring in the park will intensify as the answer clearly reveals itself--some will be in utter shock and surprise--others will not. And the park will be pleased. At least it hopes so.

This posting has stuck with me since I first read it over a month ago, I just wonder if I'll be shocked or surprised or both . 

• Like 9

^ They said that it is likely that it will have a white steel structure, but others like Oldschool have said that the term "girder truss" in the plans is for the bridge. I think a steel structure makes sense with the amount of lateral supports seen on the structure.

I am not putting much stock in 2 guys doing a coaster special out of their parents' basements.

I don't think Mr. Rybarczyk and Mr. Miller would appreciate that. Figure one just graduated with an engineering degree, and the other has attended college and is married, and helps run a large website/fan group that specializes in this area. 

I on the other hand suggested that the "truss"" mentioned in the drawings would more than likely be to the new train bridge.  Again, this drawing only pertains to the area of work, not the actual "ride" itself.  Just take the keys provided in the Snapchats and you can unlock some knowledge about the new expan....attraction.  In the modified words of Bill and Ted   Coaster On Dudes!

• Like 6

In response to the recent photos posted of all the trees being cut down over by the new entrance to WWC and Diamondback.... Does anyone get a sense that this path could also possibly be a new midway area with some new flats, or it might be the queue area/ station for the new coaster. I do hope they keep as many trees as possible back in the woods to increase that feeling of speed.

• Like 2

My only worry about an expansion back there is possible bottle necking. I would rather not have another X-Base but this one has a even smaller entrance area. However if KI was able to make an expansion with multiple entrance/exit points then I'm all for it.

Edit: Also sorry for misinterpreting your suggestion Oldschool, I am clearly not as good as Terp at it.

• Like 2

On getting info on what type of coaster who ever is getting its pretty easy if you know someone that works at the Batavia steel plant. Workers there can give you whatever info you want. That is why info of steel coasters are always leak early. My brother used to work out there and I knew about Vortex and Diamondback way before info was released

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's the culture we live in now it seems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My only worry about an expansion back there is possible bottle necking. I would rather not have another X-Base but this one has a even smaller entrance area. However if KI was able to make an expansion with multiple entrance/exit points then I'm all for it.

Edit: Also sorry for misinterpreting your suggestion Oldschool, I am clearly not as good as Terp at it.

Ideally, it would have access on both sides of the train station.

XBase could expand towards the dinos if they relocate maintenance buildings.

• Like 4

On getting info on what type of coaster who ever is getting its pretty easy if you know someone that works at the Batavia steel plant. Workers there can give you whatever info you want. That is why info of steel coasters are always leak early. My brother used to work out there and I knew about Vortex and Diamondback way before info was released

Didn't know Batavia steel plant made Vortex steel.... Learn something every day

• Like 7

Didn't know Batavia steel plant made Vortex steel.... Learn something every day

My high school is right next to the plant
  • Like 2