Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Boy, the comments on WCPO's Facebook page are REALLY outlandish. They're saying that the train op told them the ride is going to be named Son of Beast. Lol!!!!

The train ops have been known to jokingly tell people that they were rebuilding Son of Beast. This is why spieling must go.
  • Like 12

Boy, the comments on WCPO's Facebook page are REALLY outlandish. They're saying that the train op told them the ride is going to be named Son of Beast. Lol!!!!

The train ops have been known to jokingly tell people that they were rebuilding Son of Beast. This is why spieling must go.
I agree. Like I said, the park guests are believing what they're saying.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Last weekend, The Bat spieler kept saying "You don't have to take your hat or sunglasses off, 'cause they're not going anywhere."  I was like, "What kind of nonsense is that on a coaster that goes 51 MPH!?!" When I returned (at the end of that particular ride cycle) I could hear him saying "You can carry your loose items with you because The Bat does not go upside-down."  I'd like to see the manual on what instructions to give riders of The Bat... 

• Like 14

I'd be more jealous than impressed

It was sarcasm, because he said /every/ B&M other than those 3 is "ehhh" when there's no way he has ridden /every/ B&M.

I'd be more jealous than impressed

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Out of sheer curiosity, since this new ride will be in Rivertown, is there any remote possibility it could be a new water coaster/flume hybrid, similar to Poseidon or Skatteøen, only longer?

• Like 5

Unless..... There are plans to rename the amphitheater. Then Timberwolf could be reused as a coaster name.

Way back in the beginning more than 100 pages ago, Greg Scheid said something interesting.... Wish I could recall ;) ... It dealt with thinking out of the box, and I wonder if it applies to this new attraction somehow.

• Like 5

No... what in those plans would remotely indicate anything other than a coaster?

Oh I'm sure it has nothing to do with the box, but maybe his statement which was so random and unusual that it might apply maybe just a smidgeon to this attraction.

• Like 2

How about Lorax vs Thneed for a name?

Lol jk, due to downing trees.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Just catching up on this thread and this made *me* laugh. I speak for the trees because the trees have no tongues....

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Unless..... There are plans to rename the amphitheater. Then Timberwolf could be reused as a coaster name.

Way back in the beginning more than 100 pages ago, Greg Scheid said something interesting.... Wish I could recall ;) ... It dealt with thinking out of the box, and I wonder if it applies to this new attraction somehow.

Probably just a not so subtle hint to the people who thought they were going to put a dark ride in the Crypt building.

• Like 2

No... what in those plans would remotely indicate anything other than a coaster?

Just something I'm throwing out there.  We really don't see much detail in those plans, other than an overhead layout, coordinates for some footers, and some detailed schematics for supports.  But Poseidon and Skatteøen are both coasters.  The difference is they float to the lifthill and splash down into water like a log flume at the end of the ride.  The bulk of the ride consists of steel track like a regular coaster. 

• Like 5

The post detail pretty much shows that its going to be a wood frame. It it was steel, they would do a bolt pattern and have the support post have a welded flange that went down over the bolts. These show a bracket that attaches to the footer then bolts through a rectangular post. No reason to do that with steel. That doesn't mean there won't be some steel supports, but looking at GCI's, I'd doubt it. 

• Like 6

Looking at photos of several RMC coasters and the detail plans on the foots from the new coaster I'm thinking it's going to be a RMC. Maybe something like Lighting Rod but who knows for sure. The real question is how much money are they putting into it. If we knew that then we could have a better idea of what we are getting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 5