Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Well if you exclude minor leagues and lower interest sports, the last title from Ohio was the Reds in 1990, a crisp 26 years ago

Ooh- don't exclude the minors. Dayton Dragon tickets are very hard to get.

We're not talking about ticket sales, we're talking about success.  That's something the Dragons have not had.  They've only gone to their league playoffs 6 out of 15 years.  Never advancing since the semi-finals.

A lot of that has to do with the Reds farm system being pretty much junk since they've been in Dayton, but ticket sales does not equal success.

You are correct. Still would like to see them. My brother went to their opening day, he was in some renaissance play.... I don't know how he got that outfit, but, he was all meh about it, when I was excited for him. I was like, then hand me that King Arthur outfit and I'll go in drag. Or not. I guess you'd have to see the outfit.

• Like 3

"Ladies and Gentlemennnn, please remember to remain seated, and there's no eating, drinking, or like, totally smoking and such as, because this train, and such as, like, um, I totally believe, is like trains in the Iraq and South Africa and such as, and, uh, people on Diamondback should have maps."

Reference:

• Like 8

Idk why but I fell like this is going to a GCI wooden coaster bigger than any GCI out there. To me, Son of Beast was so much better than Banshee and I know that's just my opinion but I know some others feel the same. I feel like we already know it'll be wooden and some of these teasers point to a really big ride. I think it'll be a wooden coaster, and a very big one at that. Maybe it'll even have some Son of Beast theming to it.

• Like 5

You don't have to agree with me but Son of Beast was bigger, faster and to me a much more fun ride than Banshee and I know I miss it and a lot of others do too. Besides that I've never seen a more intimidating looking ride just because it was that tall and wooden. I would love to see Kings Islamd try and out do it with another woodie. Maybe it doesn't have to be quite as tall or quite as fast, but almost. Maybe give it more air-time hills, and make it more secluded like The Beast. We pretty much know it's a GCI woodie, and surely they don't plan on making something small after the teaser on Twitter about how people will definitely come

• Like 5

Just to go with all of the wild speculation...Falling Trees...Congo Falls and Timberwolf...both rides are also in close proximity...maybe the "falling trees" signs in Rivertown are just a diversion from these attractions being re/moved?

On an unrelated thought, I just realized the other day...Timberwolf...and then Great Wolf Lodge opening so close to it...just a coincidence, I'm sure...Now if only wolves were a part of the cat family there could be more decoding...

• Like 1