Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I don't know how likely this is, but I can imagine a wicked night time announcement at the KI&MVRR station with the actual train playing a part.

That would be a great announcement. Have the train pulling in as they make it.

And we know the perfect teenage train spieler for the job. :)

• Like 12

Does anybody think the people on the train saying they're rebuilding Son of Beast is a clue?

IS a clue or HAS a clue?
I assure you that any 16 year old kid in rides has about as much information as you do, despite what they may like to think.
  • Like 11

It will be hard to beat Banshee's announcement! That was very good!

Gotta remember: the announcement is for the press, having guests there is just a nice touch since you'll find out almost immediately anyway. They'll do whatever it takes to maximize their exposure. For Banshee, they took a risk with the night announcement and it paid off well. Will they try to do something like that again? Who knows. Utilizing social and press releases is just as effective and far more inexpensive. But yes - here's to hoping for something cool.
  • Like 16

I honestly would prefer a wooden hyper coaster more than a metal giga coaster at a Kings Island. It's just not the same to me without Son of Beast but I do predict this is a wooden roller coaster that's almost 200 feet, just not quite.

If they use the ravine, I bet they could go over 200ft!

• Like 2

Lol if this is a wooden coaster, which we pretty much know it is, will they need to announce it sooner than usual because of how long it takes to build, or is that not an issue?

For reference, Cedar Point didn't announce Top Thrill Dragster until the tower was built. Nothing says the announcement has to be before construction.

Also, I believe some of Maverick's track was placed before the announcement as well...

• Like 4

I don't know if it was already placed but it was on site for sure, I remember a lot of speculation of it being track to make TTD longer.

I think we will get an announcement in early August. Also the longer we go without seeing construction/teasers at other parks, makes me think of how much money could actually be put into Rivertown. 

• Like 5

For those wanting to see the actual axe Don was holding.

40223ef42644fc48f83ba4f358175359.jpg

Sent from the cellphone Zach Morris used in Saved By The Bell using Tapatalk

Thats totally some woven vines on the axe. Well guys here is some more recent pics from my visit this weekend.nyfnnk.jpg344c9s6.jpgzts1k.jpg287dv2o.jpg9v8w1w.jpgo0ncwg.jpg

Can someone also let me know if those fake stumps have always been there in that last pic. Not sure if they are new or im just not very observant. Sorry about the sideways pictures..... First time using Tinypic.

• Like 12

Been following along for awhile and decided to join in!

I can't wait to see what KI has up their sleeves, and I love reading all the speculation.

I agree that night rides look like they are going to be a lot of fun!

Welcome to KIC!
  • Like 8

Anyone else think that footer-thing looks like a B&M footer? I compared pics (from RCDB) of Diamondback, Lightning Rod (RMC) and Thunderhead (GCI) and saw that the latter two have circular footers while D-back has square footers. Hmmm...

• Like 2

Anyone else think that footer-thing looks like a B&M footer? I compared pics (from RCDB) of Diamondback, Lightning Rod (RMC) and Thunderhead (GCI) and saw that the latter two have circular footers while D-back has square footers. Hmmm...

Rather than a footer, it looks like a concrete drainage cover to me.

• Like 10

3145bbq.jpg

I circled three sections, in the two yellow areas the lines only go half way across, and they almost alternate which side they are on.  Why?  It seems strange unless something is going on with the ride at these points.  The section I circled in red also stands out to me.  The edge lines are missing.  This is the only section of the ride this occurs on.  

Anyone know of a design element these sections might represent?  I cannot think of something on a GCI coaster which would look like this.  But maybe someone else has an idea.

• Like 8

Idk why but I fell like this is going to a GCI wooden coaster bigger than any GCI out there. To me, Son of Beast was so much better than Banshee and I know that's just my opinion but I know some others feel the same. I feel like we already know it'll be wooden and some of these teasers point to a really big ride. I think it'll be a wooden coaster, and a very big one at that. Maybe it'll even have some Son of Beast theming to it.

i loved Sonny too but Banshee is my new love. Would i have prefered Banshee being able to go somewhere else in the park while SOB maybe recieved an overhaul and opened back up? HELL YEAH! 

• Like 6

So I've been on a camping trip for about a week and couldn't keep up with this thread. Can anyone fill me in on any recent news or anything big that may have happened?

Nothing major has really happenend, the media were sent fake axes if that counts as major
  • Like 4