Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

They've probably had a named picked out before the funnel cake stand bit the dust. 

I wonder if they already have a name picked out and if so is that something they copy right?

You mean trademark....

Trademark thats the one i was looking for.... but yes and is there a way to see what a company trademarks?

• Like 7

Guys, it's definitely an RMC. If you look at the blueprints, the one thing I was looking at was the lateral bracing. In the close up of the blueprints for the area of work, the structure is not like a GCI structure since all the braces are INDEPENDENT structures, except for connections at extremities. These blueprints would indicate crossbeams between lateral braces. The blueprints are now screaming RMC.

• Like 5

I'm a new member just hopping in to this discussion, and I'd like to mention that if this is a wooden coaster, then hopefully we won't have Paramount's luck with SoB (the dear coaster barely had a chance IMO).

Welcome!

I am sure all agree that helpfully it will not have any issues.

• Like 5

Welcome! And I doubt CF is going to rush construction and make a ride unsafe just to get it out faster, no major threat to the park is looking to build a new roller coaster in the next 3 years, other then maybe CP. 

As for the manufacturer, I'm not going to believe a side until KI says it. Like I said earlier I'm currently 60/40 GCI.

• Like 7

Guys, it's definitely an RMC. If you look at the blueprints, the one thing I was looking at was the lateral bracing. In the close up of the blueprints for the area of work, the structure is not like a GCI structure since all the braces are INDEPENDENT structures, except for connections at extremities. These blueprints would indicate crossbeams between lateral braces. The blueprints are now screaming RMC.

Game Over!

• Like 3

This question is coming from someone not apt in knowledge of engineering, but before we all jump on architectural differences between the two, what's to stop GCI from doing things RMC does or vice versa?  The stuff you guys are jumping on seem inconsequential to me.  

• Like 8

This question is coming from someone not apt in knowledge of engineering, but before we all jump on architectural differences between the two, what's to stop GCI from doing things RMC does or vice versa?  The stuff you guys are jumping on seem inconsequential to me.  

I remember a time when B&M said they wouldn't cross the 300ft barrier...when they didn't have any launched coasters...

Dang. That was just about 4 years ago. Much has changed. And much can change!

• Like 17

The close up is a footer diagram. It's not a structural diagram. I don't think we can take anything about the structure above from these plans other than its wood. 

• Like 5