Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Lastly, it looks to me like the steel in the pictures that is laying in the construction area is most likely for the civil work, and not the ride itself. I am making this assumption based on a few reasons. One is that I think it would be unlikely that anything touching the ride itself would come untreated or unpainted. Most steel for structural support comes from the shop either galvanized, painted, or at least primed. These do not appear to have anything on them. That leads me to believe they are for piling. The I shape is ideal for pile driving. If you look at retaining wall piles or even guardrails for that matter, you will most likely see something similar to those. Additionally, the lack of any pre-drilled beams also leads me to believe they are not intended for the ride structure itself.

Finally!

Someone else to join me on #TeamPile....

Welcome.

• Like 12

I believe the steel is for a retaining wall to be built along the pond for a heavy equipment access road.

Which brings up another thought. Do any of you understand what the "zones" on the blueprints are? I've seen lots of blueprints, but never any broken down into zones before.

I find it particularly interesting that there are zones 1a, 1b, and 1c then zone 2 and 3.... Unless they will be working on the ride in a particular order I can't figure out for the life of my why they would break it into zones.

One possibility is blocking but this ride seems too short to have more than two trains.

• Like 3

The "Beverly Hillbillies" is an American television comedy that ran on the CBS network from 1962 to 1971. It featured a poor, Tennessee family of mountaineers who find $70 Million worth of oil on their land while hunting for food. They move to Beverly Hills, California, but retain their stereotypical back-country mannerisms while being taken advantage of by a greedy, dishonest commerce banker. My post contains part of the opening theme of the show.  Jethro is a character from the show.  The show, to the best of my knowledge, never referred to roller coasters under construction. My post was to jokingly refer to how the pile driver/drill looks somewhat like something that could be used to drill for precious resources. That is all. Back to decoding.

• Like 13

Not really... Those are smaller than the footers on Banshee, and Diamondback.

But the right size, and they happen to be a circle for a wooden coaster... hmmmmmmmmmm?

Well they don't exactly use square or rectangular drills... ;)

But they can drill square holes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5AzbDJ7KYI

Source: Youtube c/o a previous boss of mine in a meeting.

• Like 7

Lastly, it looks to me like the steel in the pictures that is laying in the construction area is most likely for the civil work, and not the ride itself. I am making this assumption based on a few reasons. One is that I think it would be unlikely that anything touching the ride itself would come untreated or unpainted. Most steel for structural support comes from the shop either galvanized, painted, or at least primed. These do not appear to have anything on them. That leads me to believe they are for piling. The I shape is ideal for pile driving. If you look at retaining wall piles or even guardrails for that matter, you will most likely see something similar to those. Additionally, the lack of any pre-drilled beams also leads me to believe they are not intended for the ride structure itself.

Finally!

Welcome.

Aww...I was with you in spirit. ;)  When I first saw the steel beams, I immediately thought they were for site work (retaining wall, etc) - not ride construction.  I just wasn't saying anything.

• Like 3

Finally!

Welcome.

Aww...I was with you in spirit. ;)  When I first saw the steel beams, I immediately thought they were for site work (retaining wall, etc) - not ride construction.  I just wasn't saying anything.

I'm starting to think those of us that recognize the correct answer should state agreement with the original poster. That way the overrunning conversation of incorrect information won't get out of hand.

• Like 3

Looks like a pile-driver to me. Is that by the pond?

I see the drill but I think that comes first before the pile is driven.

I don't know. The guy who posted that doesn't say.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I asked the original poster on Twitter and it is near the pond next to those i-beams.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Like 3