Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Not really... Those are smaller than the footers on Banshee, and Diamondback.

But the right size, and they happen to be a circle for a wooden coaster... hmmmmmmmmmm?

Well they don't exactly use square or rectangular drills... ;)

But they can drill square holes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5AzbDJ7KYI

Source: Youtube c/o a previous boss of mine in a meeting.

That is not a square hole. Squares have right angles. That is a round hole with flat sides. :)

• Like 6

This might be a dumb question, but for GCI and RMC, are the footers similar? Especially since we're speculating what this could be?

From a concrete standpoint...yes they're similar (like in size) It's what's attached to the concrete that will tell.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Guys, it's definitely an RMC. If you look at the blueprints, the one thing I was looking at was the lateral bracing. In the close up of the blueprints for the area of work, the structure is not like a GCI structure since all the braces are INDEPENDENT structures, except for connections at extremities. These blueprints would indicate crossbeams between lateral braces. The blueprints are now screaming RMC.

Game Over!

Game's not over till they announce what it is. 

• Like 14

You don't like Maverick I take it^^?

Cause that is what an RMC felt like to me...and something KI would benefit from. I think I rode perhaps the weakest RMC taboot. It was majestic.

Look at RMCs restraints too...if concerned about airtime...those aren't for the inversions.

Trust me, I love GCIs too and don't care what pops up at KI. I still think Mean Streak would get a RMC conversion before us getting an original. I just dont see both parks having one. And those SOBs up north get first dibs.

• Like 4

I honestly don't know about Mean Streak being converted. Then their biggest wooden coaster is Blue Streak which is not very impressive, so unless they plan on getting a new wooden soon I think it will be a re-profile from GCI.

Far more people like Blue Streak than Mean Streak. Sure Blue Streak isn't what it used to be, but it's still a fantastic woodie

• Like 10

I honestly don't know about Mean Streak being converted. Then their biggest wooden coaster is Blue Streak which is not very impressive, so unless they plan on getting a new wooden soon I think it will be a re-profile from GCI.

The same public that thinks Gemini is a wood coaster is going to care if RMC steels a woodie?

Really?

• Like 15

I once saw someone point to Diamondback and ask the person next to them, "is that the wood one?" The GP isn't going to care what happens to it as long as the ride experience is improved.

• Like 11

I had a patient who said they liked Kings Island and when we talked roller coasters I would ask if he liked wood or steel coasters and he said he never paid attention to what they were made of....

Heck AE looks like a wood coaster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Cause that is what an RMC felt like to me...and something KI would benefit from. I think I rode perhaps the weakest RMC taboot. It was majestic.

Look at RMCs restraints too...if concerned about airtime...those aren't for the inversions.

Trust me, I love GCIs too and don't care what pops up at KI. I still think Mean Streak would get a RMC conversion before us getting an original. I just dont see both parks having one. And those SOBs up north get first dibs.

I'd rather have a GCI than a wood/hybrid Maverick. It's not even in my top 5 at CP.

And because the question always comes up, I was using the "CP Maverick" name since late '99. It has nothing to do with the ride.

• Like 6

Me too brethren. I would like a GCI in our backyard...and that is what I think it is. But I have a finger crossed behind my back. Maybe we will get the nod for the RMC.

I don't understand the top five comment though. I'm not a fan of inversions and I think it's the greatest coaster as of now.

Never rode some of the Chinese GCIs though. Woah boy.

• Like 5

For those here who seek to unlock the answers of 2017, you're using your key in the wrong doors.

What you look for can be found on a Rivertown ride that will get you wet and possibly drench you.

TheBEASTunchained.... Twisting around a curve and back into the shadows of the Rivertown woods.....

• Like 14

Eh. You can help those of us who like to stay dry, unsticky, and non smelly of Creek water for two hours...out.

Just don a rain poncho and something to keep your shoes dry. It might work, as long as you don't antagonize the tower operator and avoid Thrill_Biscuit at the water cannons.

Or wear a swimsuit with a coverup, and shower/change at Soak City. In that case, ask the tower operator if you can "stay dry".

• Like 8

i would think they would use sheet pile if they were doing a retaining wall?

I would guess it depends on where it's being built, and for what purpose.  There are a lot of retaining walls which are built using steel I-beams.

Oh, I don't know if I'd call them "SOB's".  Just spoiled.  HA!! :P  They do have a number of coaster types that we'll likely never see at KI...Intamin, floorless, wing coaster, dive coaster.  Sometimes I think KI gets tossed a bone to appease us.  BUT...having said that, maybe this new coaster will make them a bit jealous, too.

• Like 4

A thing I've always loved about KI's coasters vs CP is the ones at CP are almost always designed to just be record breakers. Tallest, fastest, etc..and I've felt with a lot of their rides the focus has been more on breaking records rather than ride experience. Take for example Maverick, it obviously wasn't designed to break a ton of records, yet it's one of the best in the park. Our coasters often break some record but that doesn't seem to often be the main focus, and the terrain really gives us some unique rides. When DB was built it wasn't meant to be the tallest or fastest hyper, just the one with the most air. And that really made it unique. Banshee, longest invert. And it has probably the most unique layout of any B&M invert. I like our unique coasters and I hope this one is no exception.

• Like 18

I just ate a freakin' pickle. And it tasted astonishing. I'll just take take the time here to say I want a GD pickle at the park. I'd pay 2 or 3 bucks for a fatty pickle. I don't want slop food man. I want a Descent pickle. I'm not hungry...just need something in my belly. God.

• Like 4

I'm ok. Sorry. Too much Howard Stern and Riley Martin this weekend I think. I also watched Napoleon Dynamite here this last week. Who knows what I'm doing? It's crazy town over here.

To be honest...I'm researching a trip to ride Ravine Flyer II here in August. It looks amazing to me.

• Like 8