Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

6b6e97212c627e6ae36a01824743bd02.png

Taken from KI PRs snapchat story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the few rules of teasers in social media is that you don't blatantly lie as it degrades the integrity of the entire product. I'd like to think that they know this, but then again the stuff that was on the Snapchat earlier in the season (bad photos, too long clips, bad use of emoticons, etc) before I unfollowed them shows that product integrity isn't important to their social media anymore.

Example:

"Fans making their final splash on RFYLCB"

This works because the rumor of the ride's removal would be fueled by it, but it also literally is the last splashdown of the ride. That way it works either way.

"Tables moving to the new employee eating area" (or whatever it was) showing the construction of what is well known to be a coaster just makes you question if other things aren't true in their social and other marketing messages.

Then again, I'm just a stupid fan site guy so I don't know much about this stuff.

Could it be a temporary employee eating area, maybe for the employees working on construction?

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

• Like 3

6b6e97212c627e6ae36a01824743bd02.png

Taken from KI PRs snapchat story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the few rules of teasers in social media is that you don't blatantly lie as it degrades the integrity of the entire product. I'd like to think that they know this, but then again the stuff that was on the Snapchat earlier in the season (bad photos, too long clips, bad use of emoticons, etc) before I unfollowed them shows that product integrity isn't important to their social media anymore.

Example:

"Fans making their final splash on RFYLCB"

This works because the rumor of the ride's removal would be fueled by it, but it also literally is the last splashdown of the ride. That way it works either way.

"Tables moving to the new employee eating area" (or whatever it was) showing the construction of what is well known to be a coaster just makes you question if other things aren't true in their social and other marketing messages.

Then again, I'm just a stupid fan site guy so I don't know much about this stuff.

Could it be a temporary employee eating area, maybe for the employees working on construction?

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Employees working on construction would highly unlikely be Kings Island associates.
  • Like 5

I suspect the comment about the picnic table is a joke referring back to a comment made by Don.  During Coasterstock someone asked Don about the work being done behind the fence.  His response was something like "Well it is big enough that if they put some picnic tables there it would make a good location for a break area for employees".

• Like 7

I suspect the comment about the picnic table is a joke referring back to a comment made by Don. During Coasterstock someone asked Don about the work being done behind the fence. His response was something like "Well it is big enough that if they put some picnic tables there it would make a good location for a break area for employees".

Hi. Haven't spoken to you since Coasterstock. You still strong in thought about your original theory you shared with me? I've put my 2 cents on the table with my layout...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well this is kind of interesting. There is some sort of tall metal structure next to the "picnic table." Just two uprights with a bar across the top (you can make it out by the orange tape streaming down the sides)

703e4bfe05fc18725335644ab443e466.jpg

I don't know if it has to do with the tree removal in some way or what. It looks temporary. No crews were out because of the rain so I had no chance to see it in any sort of use.

Edit: looking more closely at the pic, it appears that it may be connected by diagonal beams to the table, near the base. Curious if I'll get to see whatever it is in use.

• Like 9

Well this is kind of interesting. There is some sort of tall metal structure next to the "picnic table." Just two uprights with a bar across the top (you can make it out by the orange tape streaming down the sides)

703e4bfe05fc18725335644ab443e466.jpg

I don't know if it has to do with the tree removal in some way or what. It looks temporary. No crews were out because of the rain so I had no chance to see it in any sort of use.

Edit: looking more closely at the pic, it appears that it may be connected by diagonal beams to the table, near the base. Curious if I'll get to see whatever it is in use.

Hmmm very interesting... Id say its equipment  of some sort... or the construction guys are preparing for the horizontal bar in Rio.

• Like 3

Hi. Haven't spoken to you since Coasterstock. You still strong in thought about your original theory you shared with me? I've put my 2 cents on the table with my layout...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have put my 2 cents in several times if you go through this thread.  Overall though my original theory has basically been proven to be complete garbage.  Ever since the layout from the city of Mason showed up online I have been pretty confident it is a GCI.  

• Like 5

Well this is kind of interesting. There is some sort of tall metal structure next to the "picnic table." Just two uprights with a bar across the top (you can make it out by the orange tape streaming down the sides)703e4bfe05fc18725335644ab443e466.jpg

Do you think it could be a base for a commercial rebar bender? Something similar to this?http://www.genscoequip.com/materials/TYBcombostand.jpg

• Like 3