Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Why would plans be filed in an office if there were no plans to do that which is allegedly planned?

Aren't the primary purposes of required filings to allow governmental inspections, ensure taxation and give required public notice?

Why would any filer unnecessarily subject themselves to all that?

Are some posters here actually thinking a park would file plans it had no intention of executing?

Really?

Terp, who:

* Likes to ask questions.

* Learns the darnest things here.

There is a small portion of the plans that are labeled work area. The rest could be faked to throw enthusiasts off. Rumors were those weren't the real plans to start with if I remember correctly.

With all due respect, this has to be about the silliest, most inane thing I've read here this week.

Parks comply with the law. They don't do silly things that would not be legal to mess with "enthusiasts."

Even when teasing a new attraction, so called "enthusiasts" are not a major factor.

Attitudes like that expressed above are why so many in the industry find enthusiasts a bother that must be dealt with, not an asset.

I find this whole discussion silly just like the park they are about, but to each there own.

Sorry, but I have to ask why you're bothering to post here if you think the park is silly?

I not only think that of the park, but of the whole chain. Besides it's good entertainment.

• Like 1

I would imagine driving piles into the ground for whatever reason would require approval from the city. So either this is part of the "work area" or there are other plans filed with the city we have not seen yet. If that is indeed correct the soonest we would get a peek at them would be Monday.

Your first assumption is logical and probably correct :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If where their driving piles in is the area of work wouldn't we be able to get a more precise location of the coasters layout?

It is very unlikely this is the area of work.

The other problem is since this is not part of the coaster there is a good chance it will be a seperate building permit and have a different set of blueprints.

• Like 4

Ok first how are you gonna see a truck full of wood and not take a picture of the wood and/or truck? Second, I really thought today was the day the countdown to the announcement would be on the website.... It is not  = ' o (     Well my next hopes i guess will be the 16th, which would be a month away from national roller coaster day(Good day for the announcement of a coaster)..

• Like 4

Why would there be a countdown to the announcement? I never recalled one in the past. The park will notify the media and I'm sure their Twitter page.

There have definitely been countdowns for coaster announcements though. I remember staying up for Diamondback's website countdown.. and then pretty sure nothing happened until the park announced it later in the day haha
  • Like 5

Why would there be a countdown to the announcement? I never recalled one in the past. The park will notify the media and I'm sure their Twitter page.

1556ziu.png

Wait a second. Is that a genuine screen shot of VisitKingsIsland.com or did someone edit that photo, because I just got on the website and it was not on the homepage? I'm leaning towards the latter because there are 7 little dots on the bottom of the featured banner but on the webpage there are only 4 as of 12:22 PM.

• Like 2

1556ziu.png

Wait a second. Is that a genuine screen shot of VisitKingsIsland.com or did someone edit that photo, because I just got on the website and it was not on the homepage? I'm leaning towards the latter because there are 7 little dots on the bottom of the featured banner but on the webpage there are only 4 as of 12:22 PM.

Its old not photoshop. It was for the Banshee. just using it to show they have made countdowns to announcements sorry to get everyone excited.

• Like 8

Why would plans be filed in an office if there were no plans to do that which is allegedly planned?

Aren't the primary purposes of required filings to allow governmental inspections, ensure taxation and give required public notice?

Why would any filer unnecessarily subject themselves to all that?

Are some posters here actually thinking a park would file plans it had no intention of executing?

Really?

Terp, who:

* Likes to ask questions.

* Learns the darnest things here.

There is a small portion of the plans that are labeled work area. The rest could be faked to throw enthusiasts off. Rumors were those weren't the real plans to start with if I remember correctly.

With all due respect, this has to be about the silliest, most inane thing I've read here this week.

Parks comply with the law. They don't do silly things that would not be legal to mess with "enthusiasts."

Even when teasing a new attraction, so called "enthusiasts" are not a major factor.

Attitudes like that expressed above are why so many in the industry find enthusiasts a bother that must be dealt with, not an asset.

I find this whole discussion silly just like the park they are about, but to each there own.

Sorry, but I have to ask why you're bothering to post here if you think the park is silly? 

Please DO NOT feed the trolls

Ugh, I goofed. :(   Yes, I do recall that is a wise policy.  I hang my head in shame. -_-

• Like 6

So, what is the purpose of the retaining wall? Only for safety reasons?  To keep guests from seeing everything?  A permanent wall that will remain up after the ride is finished? Other?

My guess is that they will be revamping the reservoir into a splash zone, the same they did to Diamondback when all it once was back in it's glory days was a Geese Swimming or Basketball Bobber Pool! 

• Like 3