Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Well I guess my memory is not that great. Lol. I just hope it's not on 8/4, because I have a trip planned to HW and I want to record the KI announcement. Still working on live stream. Apparently my dslr is one of the fewer newer ones that is not good for livefeed. And I don't have a extra $200 for a capture card right now. I'm sure I could do it with my iPhone, just not sure how good it could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Why would there be a countdown to the announcement? I never recalled one in the past. The park will notify the media and I'm sure their Twitter page.

There have definitely been countdowns for coaster announcements though. I remember staying up for Diamondback's website countdown.. and then pretty sure nothing happened until the park announced it later in the day haha

I remember that well. I stayed up until it hit 0 at midnight, and it made a loud noise and then reset itself to the correct time.

• Like 6

Well I guess my memory is not that great. Lol. I just hope it's not on 8/4, because I have a trip planned to HW and I want to record the KI announcement. Still working on live stream. Apparently my dslr is one of the fewer newer ones that is not good for livefeed. And I don't have a extra $200 for a capture card right now. I'm sure I could do it with my iPhone, just not sure how good it could be.

You have an iphone you can always Broadcast live using periscope.

• Like 1

So exactly how much do they reveal when they make a coaster announcement?

Sorry for the double post.... At the Banshee announcement they should a virtual ride of Banshee and also sold the new Banshee gear directly afterward

So I assume they also give the specs as far as height, length, and speed?

• Like 4

Somewhat relevant to the discussion: I just rode my first RMC yesterday when I visited Six Flags Great America and rode Goliath twice. That thing is absolutely insane and is making me all the more excited to see what Greg and Don announce for next year!

And Goliath is the weakest of their coasters (that I've ridden...but I think it's a pretty popular opinion). Although I don't feel like this will be RMC, I definitely would be thrilled if it is.

• Like 3

There's wood being delivered in the parking lot right now.

Proof or it didn't happen.

Just kidding or am I?

KIC will never know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm at the park right now, soooooooo..................
So showing proof shouldn't be hard to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 7

It's amazing no one else here has noticed the trailer loaded with wood sitting in the far north parking lot. I wonder what that's for?

My Daddy would have told me:

"For little boys to ask questions about.

Worked, too!"

Used to frustrate the Dickens out of me!

Oh, to hear that again!

Huh!? Sorry, can't interpret terp's drunk texting.