Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Im hoping for some records. The only wooden record that Kings Island holds now-a-days is  Longest Wooden Coaster(that im aware of). They could retake the Records for Height, drop, and speed! Which i believe are all owned by parks not owned by CF. But lets get something clear even if there is no records broken Im sure Ill be happy with what they got in store. 

• Like 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXIfOJ1Dg6w

One of these guys has an engineering background and in this vid they breakdown the original leaked blueprints. This guy did predict steel structure because of the lack of lateral supports. They also predicted a relatively small to medium size coaster that is low to the ground. I hope the second part isn't true. I don't think KI needs another "transition" type coaster. A bridge between small and large.   At any rate it will be neat regardless going through the woods. Love that part.

• Like 2

A little late to the party I guess. Lol. The drawings shown in the video were provided by moi back in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not late to the party. I was just pointing out a guy with an engineering background that predicted steel structure since Interpreter brought up steel. Didn't know if everybody had seen that video. Those guys were kind of arguing with me that KI needs a transition coaster. I disagreed.

• Like 2

^ The point is that same video has been posted AND discussed extensively in this very thread.

Fair enough. I did just join the forum yesterday. haha! What did everybody on here say as far as KI needing a transition type coaster? I mean this thread is 233 pages long!

• Like 4

Track wood and support wood are not the same type. Kind of embarrassed that I know that. That can tell you if you somehow found out what wood that is.

The wood could be for the station or staging area too. Doesn't tell us it's definitely a wood coaster yet. On second thought, they probably do those areas last though, I would think. Maybe you can tell I'm not a coaster construction nerd like some are. LOL!

• Like 1

Very interesting indeed.... anyone been on the train today?

The guy on Twitter who Son of DBack posted a POV of train in construction area.

I believe that shot your talking about isnt from the train its in the parking lot out front. Or did i miss one?

• Like 2

Seems weird being a newbie. I'm probably a member of at least a dozen message boards with posts on a lot of them of 5,000 plus. I'm not a post whore, just been a member for a long time on those boards.

Interpreter.....I don't think I've ever seen someone with 60,000 posts who doesn't have an avatar pic :)

• Like 7

King Ding Dong, on 10 Jul 2016 - 6:59 PM, said:snapback.png

^ The point is that same video has been posted AND discussed extensively in this very thread.

Fair enough. I did just join the forum yesterday. haha! What did everybody on here say as far as KI needing a transition type coaster? I mean this thread is 233 pages long!

But after the video was posted some were happy and supported the ideas, others were against them and are preaching RMC only. Generally I think most people took it as more info and research, then a "this is what we should be getting". 

I think most people will be happy with what we get, even if it is a "transition" coaster. Of course, there will always be some that are dissapointed. 

• Like 3

Ok so thank you gforce i did miss the train vid on @glauserdan13. But that also brings me to another question. Anyone know anything about this guy? i looked through some more of his tweets and he posted one of the beams installed and said "thats not a retaining wall". Has this already been pointed out and i missed it?

• Like 2

Keep in mind we have new members joining daily. Most do not read through the 220 plus pages of this thread. It would take an eternity and folks would never get caught up.

Remember, we was all new here at one time.

Some of us were new other places that merged into here.

Other places? Merged?

• Like 1

Seems a bit early to me.

Just one question..... If this is for project 2017, why deliver wood when not a single foundation or footer has been poured?

Seems a bit early to me.

When the front end of the second truck comes from a shipping company that has locations in MT and TX, you might find an answer. From a pic put online.
  • Like 3

Just one question..... If this is for project 2017, why deliver wood when not a single foundation or footer has been poured?

Seems a bit early to me.

Could be for another fence to keep our prying eyes out of their business. :)

We also need a better solution than those tarps to stash the bodies of the beggars and demanders. Progress.

• Like 6