Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I suspect this wood is not directly for the ride. This is likely to put between the steel supports of the wall they are building.

The width of a majority of the boards as seen on uploaded pic is wider than a coaster rail gage, but the wood will be slimmed down during construction.
  • Like 4

Seems a bit early to me.

Just one question..... If this is for project 2017, why deliver wood when not a single foundation or footer has been poured?

Seems a bit early to me.

When the front end of the second truck comes from a shipping company that has locations in MT and TX, you might find an answer. From a pic put online.

Ok the Dan Glauser guy posted a picture of a truck that just shows the company CRC Trucking. This came two post before the "definitely not for fencing" one. There is a CRC in texas.. 

• Like 1

I'm still open to who is building this thing. I'm watching news on the rehabbing of Hurler at KD. My money is on who ever is doing that is building this one. I think we can all agree it's going to be wood with some or no steel. And maybe not the biggest but it should be still great if it goes through the woods maybe something like Lighting Rod or Prowler depending on who builds it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm still open to who is building this thing. I'm watching news on the rehabbing of Hurler at KD. My money is on who ever is doing that is building this one. I think we can all agree it's going to be wood with some or no steel. And maybe not the biggest but it should be still great if it goes through the woods maybe something like Lighting Rod or Prowler depending on who builds it

Lightning Rod looks incredible, but I say no way is this a launch coaster.

• Like 3

Not saying it's going to be a launch coaster just a similar layout

I wish it was though. That launch at Dollywood looks incredible. They were having problems keeping the coaster open. Haven't checked lately to see if they got the bugs worked out.

• Like 7

When riding The Racer, it appears that the contents of the haunt and other stuff has been gutted from the Action Theater into the waiting area of the old Sponge Bob, etc ride (I can't be for sure because it all flies by pretty fast). Something is going on back there for sure.

Maybe the wood has something to do with creation of floors and partitions in the haunt building.... Heck it may even be wood used for floors and partitions in the big metal box.

I just don't see the wood coming for Project Axe before anything is ready for a coaster build.

Plus, what are the odds that the driver of the semi just stopped by for a Kings Island fix before heading on to somewhere else?

• Like 10

^ I dropped by the park on my way home from Kentucky Kingdom and left Kings Island a little after 9 PM. When I drove past the truck the trailer with the wood was not there, the cab was still in the north end of the parking lot and I did not see the driver. It appears it was driven into the park somewhere and the entire trailer was left behind.

• Like 5

Today I was fortunate to have my dad with me at the park.  He has the beginning stages of Alzheimer's and he came to be with my 22 month old son (who is almost tall enough to enjoy the next stages of new rides).  I was able to ride the train tonight with my family, but had to wait for the engineers to put the Red Train to Bed about 7:45pm.  So, that changed who I got as our "Train Guy."  I listened to him as I looked around thinking that my plans are right on target and spacing is just about right for a mid-size smaller coaster on my layout.  I wanted to hear him say something about "The Son of Beast" or "Retaining Wall for New Coaster" and he said Nothing of the sorts.  I even recorded the whole trip.  So, (he will be nameless) I asked did anybody ask you to stop talking about what's going on in the "woods" during the train ride and he said NO.  I asked him if anybody told them to say anything about what's being built in the "woods" and he said No.  It's all up to them if they say anything extra other than "Wave at the WWC people" or "Ghost Hunters" or "Time the Park Closes and Fireworks."  

So, I think you're all looking into that waaaaaay tooooooo much!  

The reason why???  I worked as a professional waiter in Gatlinburg, TN.  I worked as a Restaurant Magician and waited tables.  I remember, I would have spiel about welcoming them, asking them where they were from and first time to our restaurant and so on.  I would personalize it to each table but had the basic layout.  There was one week I came up with a catchy phrase and it was funny, and got laughs and I'd throw in a card trick for them to remember my name and they kept the card as a souvenir and I made some SERIOUS BANK.  Then, I had to do a few shows, worked security in our T-shirt/Frozen Margarita Bar Downstairs for a few weeks because of some issues with a guest stealing from us on a daily basis ( I was a formerly trained police officer and PI in my former life) and after we had a case we caught them in the act and had the police make an arrest who were waiting on the call.  Anywhoo... I went back to work the tables and TOTALLY forgot my lines I used.  I totally was just plain jane and I'm thinking, I bet sometimes these Train guy/girls get on a roll and say what might feel right for the day and roll with it until something else comes to mind and then the move on to another.  That's all I wanted to say in a nutshell.  Improve!  

• Like 10

Today I was fortunate to have my dad with me at the park.  He has the beginning stages of Alzheimer's and he came to be with my 22 month old son (who is almost tall enough to enjoy the next stages of new rides).  I was able to ride the train tonight with my family, but had to wait for the engineers to put the Red Train to Bed about 7:45pm.  So, that changed who I got as our "Train Guy."  I listened to him as I looked around thinking that my plans are right on target and spacing is just about right for a mid-size smaller coaster on my layout.  I wanted to hear him say something about "The Son of Beast" or "Retaining Wall for New Coaster" and he said Nothing of the sorts.  I even recorded the whole trip.  So, (he will be nameless) I asked did anybody ask you to stop talking about what's going on in the "woods" during the train ride and he said NO.  I asked him if anybody told them to say anything about what's being built in the "woods" and he said No.  It's all up to them if they say anything extra other than "Wave at the WWC people" or "Ghost Hunters" or "Time the Park Closes and Fireworks."  

So, I think you're all looking into that waaaaaay tooooooo much!  

The reason why???  I worked as a professional waiter in Gatlinburg, TN.  I worked as a Restaurant Magician and waited tables.  I remember, I would have spiel about welcoming them, asking them where they were from and first time to our restaurant and so on.  I would personalize it to each table but had the basic layout.  There was one week I came up with a catchy phrase and it was funny, and got laughs and I'd throw in a card trick for them to remember my name and they kept the card as a souvenir and I made some SERIOUS BANK.  Then, I had to do a few shows, worked security in our T-shirt/Frozen Margarita Bar Downstairs for a few weeks because of some issues with a guest stealing from us on a daily basis ( I was a formerly trained police officer and PI in my former life) and after we had a case we caught them in the act and had the police make an arrest who were waiting on the call.  Anywhoo... I went back to work the tables and TOTALLY forgot my lines I used.  I totally was just plain jane and I'm thinking, I bet sometimes these Train guy/girls get on a roll and say what might feel right for the day and roll with it until something else comes to mind and then the move on to another.  That's all I wanted to say in a nutshell.  Improve!  

I would almost swear that they used to have a rough script back in the day. I'm pretty sure the Tower elevator attendants did. They had it memorized.

• Like 7

It's also important to realize that the park's teasing is not solely a Don effort. His staff, other departments, are also involved. It'd be correct to say it's a collaborative effort.

Maybe he'd be more comfortable with "Kings Island, throw us a bone." At the end of the day, it's about marketing the park, not marketing Don.

See also Jeff Seibert.

But Don is one of us though.

# RideWarrior

• Like 6

Out of curiosity, has anybody else been to IAPPA?  The last time I went was a few years back.  I vaguely remember RMC's booth with a car from one of their coaster trains.  It seemed like a prototype at the time.  If I only knew how much they would be talked about a few years later I probably would have paid a lot more attention!  Anyways, just wondering.

• Like 3

I suspect this wood is not directly for the ride. This is likely to put between the steel supports of the wall they are building.

The width of a majority of the boards as seen on uploaded pic is wider than a coaster rail gage, but the wood will be slimmed down during construction.

I am familiar with how wood coasters are built.  But they have not even finished clearing the trees.  If this is for the coaster track or supports it is likely another two months or more before this could be used.  It just seems very early for this to arriving so I am trying to speculate on other uses for the wood.

Why store the wood for months?  I went back and looked at the picture from Daniel Glauser and it is way too thin for my original guess.

It feels more likely this is for a construction fence.

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, has anybody else been to IAPPA? The last time I went was a few years back. I vaguely remember RMC's booth with a car from one of their coaster trains. It seemed like a prototype at the time. If I only knew how much they would be talked about a few years later I probably would have paid a lot more attention! Anyways, just wondering.

Yes, others have been to IAAPA. Including this poster.

• Like 6