Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Studs for the new employee break room.

Personally, I think the wood that was delivered is going to be used for new picnic tables. :D

Wait wouldn't there be mo

re than one truck load of wood I would think they would ship as much of it as possible not just one load. I'm saying just a coinenedece

What is a "coinenedece"?  (I don't even think I can pronounce that. :blink: )

• Like 6

Looking at the closeup shot of the wood, I'm pretty sure thats not for the coaster itself. It looks more like rough cut 1" material that you'd use for fencing or barn walls. You wouldn't use that for footers or other concrete work wither. It looks like there is various widths and lengths, so its hard to say what it actually is for though. 

• Like 5

I know the footers next to and around the RR were mentioned earlier in the thread, but what were they from? I'm noticing them all throughout the train ride all the way from the waterpark station to the East side of the ride right after the bridge by Diamondback.

• Like 3

The "footers" behind the train barn, across the tracks on the left approaching Soak City, and near the fort held giant Christmas cards for the last incarnation of Winterfest.... I'll be home for Christmas was the theme. It was a really cool and unique show with singing and actors getting on and off of the train to go "home" for the holidays.

• Like 6

Looking at the closeup shot of the wood, I'm pretty sure thats not for the coaster itself. It looks more like rough cut 1" material that you'd use for fencing or barn walls. You wouldn't use that for footers or other concrete work wither. It looks like there is various widths and lengths, so its hard to say what it actually is for though. 

Huh.  I never knew such a thing existed.  http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-293112602/stock-photo-withered-concrete.html

- secondson...always the smart alec.

The "footers" behind the train barn, across the tracks on the left approaching Soak City, and near the fort held giant Christmas cards for the last incarnation of Winterfest.... I'll be home for Christmas was the theme. It was a really cool and unique show with singing and actors getting on and off of the train to go "home" for the holidays.

I remember it fondly. *sigh*

• Like 4

^That water is stagnant, there is no pump. Hence its nastiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then explain the filtration and pumps within the fenced area of the splashdown visible from the ride. I could be wrong but sure looks like it.
  • Like 8

There was a great image on Twitter showing similar beams and wood to what was delivered to the structure of Goliath at SFGAm.

Without an image, it sounds like you're making it up. You may not be but please share if you can!

Then explain the filtration and pumps within the fenced area of the splashdown visible from the ride. I could be wrong but sure looks like it.

There are pumps to feed the water into the splash pool. Filtration, I think is there, but doesn't work how it should.

• Like 6

They need to aerate the water to keep it in better shape I would think but I am no expert on these things. The water is nasty and all the hot weather just feeds it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 5

RMC coasters are "relatively" cheaper from what I gather. 

“Since we’re all about creating exceptional thrills at Kentucky Kingdom, Storm Chaser fits the bill. Storm Chaser would normally cost as much as $15 million all-in but we’re saving money by using some of the existing superstructure from Twisted Twins. However, because of the new configuration, taller lift hill, and many other innovative features, we are essentially redesigning and building a new coaster. When’s the last time you dropped ten stories while doing a barrel roll?” – Ed Hart, President and CEO of Kentucky Kingdom

Source

Per LATimes Storm Chaser cost $10 million. 

Ground up, I'm going to assume depending on the scale would be between $15-20 million.

• Like 2

Which RMCs are ground up coasters? I know Lightning Rod, but most of the rest seem to be makeovers.

I believe LR, Outlaw Run, Goliath, and Wildfire are their custom group up coasters, the other have been reworking to some degree of existing coasters.

• Like 3

Which RMCs are ground up coasters? I know Lightning Rod, but most of the rest seem to be makeovers.

I believe LR, Outlaw Run, Goliath, and Wildfire are their custom group up coasters, the other have been reworking to some degree of existing coasters.
Iron Rattler only saved station, pre lift, lift, drop, and turn.
  • Like 1

Who has ridden Goliath and what was the experience?

Very nice coaster but short.  I timed it at whopping 1 minute and 45 seconds including lift hill and block brake.  Great air time and very nice inverted stretch.  It is a capacity nightmare though.  On the opening day, I was on a third train for the day.  After I got off the ride, the line was well over 4 hours.

I prefer Outlaw Run over Goliath at GFGAm.  Outlaw Run felt more like a complete coaster experience.  Somehow, Goliath felt something was missing.  It may be due to how short the ride was.

• Like 5