Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

The beams they are setting don't match the plans we've seen It's definitely not the area of work.  I still haven't seen anything that makes me think this isn't the configuration.

27702007760_01e7428f07_b.jpg

Upstop's report of falling trees seems to tie into this layout maybe being correct. The coaster track would go right over top of WWC near the train house.(where upstop said trees were falling)

• Like 5

Opps false alarm sorry

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

False alarms in crowded forums lead to mass misinformation like the notion of getting a Giga coaster. JK. But seriously, did anyone else think they will announce on 8/16?

Personally no.....it's a Tuesday. I feel like a Thursday would be more likely.

Sent from the cellphone Zach Morris used in Saved By The Bell using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The beams they are setting don't match the plans we've seen It's definitely not the area of work.  I still haven't seen anything that makes me think this isn't the configuration.

Upstop's report of falling trees seems to tie into this layout maybe being correct. The coaster track would go right over top of WWC near the train house.(where upstop said trees were falling)

If the image in that picture was kept in the same configuration and dragged up until the turn around was directly behind the WWC turn around, I think we have the plan/park layout. The station would then be in the former funnel cake location and the first drop would be in the major clearing. Btw, couldn't get a good picture from the train or tower but you can see the clearing of trees down to the lake to where it will be assumed to cross.

Also I tried to take a picture of the pilings/ wall from across the pond. The base that you see from the train appears to be pretty close to level with the train track. From across the pond you can see that is 4 to 5 feet lower than the train track. If it is a retaining wall, which I believe it is, and it's leveled with dirt to be even with the train track, only about 3 feet of the tops of the pilings will be visible, imo.

• Like 1

Yes but what came back in pet cemetery was NOT good. I am super excited for Project 2017 and count the days when we will finally know what Santa is bringing us!

Sent from my Trio AXS using Tapatalk

Or perhaps not what Santa is bringing us...maybe we could be seeing Krampus.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If the image in that picture was kept in the same configuration and dragged up until the turn around was directly behind the WWC turn around, I think we have the plan/park layout. The station would then be in the former funnel cake location and the first drop would be in the major clearing. Btw, couldn't get a good picture from the train or tower but you can see the clearing of trees down to the lake to where it will be assumed to cross.

Also I tried to take a picture of the pilings/ wall from across the pond. The base that you see from the train appears to be pretty close to level with the train track. From across the pond you can see that is 4 to 5 feet lower than the train track. If it is a retaining wall, which I believe it is, and it's leveled with dirt to be even with the train track, only about 3 feet of the tops of the pilings will be visible, imo.

I agree with your station placement, but the thing is none of us know the scale of these blueprints. Meaning we don't know Exactly how far back into the woods this will go by the train house.

Really? This is good news and the first I've heard anybody say there is clearing beside the lake.(not talking about beside the train tracks) You are talking about the middle section of the lake correct?

• Like 1

Hmmmm the only thing I have been picking up from this is the baseball references especially this last one, and what is the only baseball team that would fit a theme like this is the Texas Rangers. not only that "it's not easy being green" I think references to Park rangers of Ohio, after all they use a lot of green on the vehicles and uniforms. another thing Park rangers use axes to clear roadways. Am I right?

19297677616_87cb37ba7f.jpg

• Like 2

The beams they are setting don't match the plans we've seen It's definitely not the area of work. I still haven't seen anything that makes me think this isn't the configuration.

I can't tell but it looks like the railroad tracks run under the station however I think you nailed it, the bolder structures line up with the lake.

Using Gavpenn's description, this layout fits pretty much everywhere. There is a little bit of a issue with the coaster station, but this isn't a true topdown map and the scaling could be off a hair. But everything else matches up. The abutments line up with the reservoir. Everywhere it crosses WWC, the amount of lines that are on the mini layout of the coaster thin out suggesting it's crossing something. Everything it crosses, it crosses at a point that is at least practical. Where it crosses the WWC conveyor, queue area is a little sketchy, but I think its doable. The various turns on the coster that would be made to go around obstacles, all match up with the topography and obstacles. The scale is correct from the plans. It does match the newly pointed out "lake crossing."

The only thing that doesn't fit is the coords and "north" designation on the plans. Many of us have plotted the coords. The coords match the orientation of the plans and show that the north arrow on the detail plans is pointed north in relation to the coords. So for this layout to be right, either the coords are wrong, or they are using coords that aren't on a north/south orientation. 

So any thoughts? Anyone with experience with blueprints on a custom coords system as I've never heard of that. 

**Using Gavpenn's description**

Just a friendly reminder. KingsIsland1972 was very spot on with the layout too!

• Like 4