Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Canada's Wonderland is getting new flats next year? Uhm, Worlds of Fun will be getting 2 I believe. As far as we know, there were 7-8 rides picked.

Now that we've briefly digressed to discussing flat rides, I would love to see KI get a HUSS Sledgehammer, but I heard there were some issues with the ride initially. Does Cedar Fair still do business with HUSS? And if so, do you guys think KI would ever get one?

• Like 5

On another side note I'd thought I'd share; I recently went to Carowinds for the first time on 4th of July weekend and rode almost everything including Fury 325 and Intimidator. I really enjoyed Fury, but I think I like Millennium Force better. I'm still kind of torn though.  I also thought Afterburn was a really good inverted coaster. It seemed like it had a lot of G's to it and had surprising elements. Of course , I don't it is as good as Banshee. Intimidator was good too, but there was nothing unique about it. Intimidator's line was surprisingly much bigger than Fury's as well. Overall, it's a great park, but I don't think it's nearly as good as KI. Maybe I'm being biased. 

• Like 3

On another side note I'd thought I'd share; I recently went to Carowinds for the first time on 4th of July weekend and rode almost everything including Fury 325 and Intimidator. I really enjoyed Fury, but I think I like Millennium Force better. I'm still kind of torn though.  I also thought Afterburn was a really good inverted coaster. It seemed like it had a lot of G's to it and had surprising elements. Of course , I don't it is as good as Banshee. Intimidator was good too, but there was nothing unique about it. Intimidator's line was surprisingly much bigger than Fury's as well. Overall, it's a great park, but I don't think it's nearly as good as KI. Maybe I'm being biased. 

I go to Carowinds a lot.  Intimidator is good but not as forceful as Diamondback.  I love Fury 325.  Fury is #2 steel coaster in my list.  MF is #17.  One of the biggest issue at Carowinds is the service there.  I actually find them somewhat poor unlike KI or CP.  I actually complained to CF last year due to some of the employees being rude.

• Like 8

I go to Carowinds a lot.  Intimidator is good but not as forceful as Diamondback.  I love Fury 325.  Fury is #2 steel coaster in my list.  MF is #17.  One of the biggest issue at Carowinds is the service there.  I actually find them somewhat poor unlike KI or CP.  I actually complained to CF last year due to some of the employees being rude.

MF #17? lol.....don't think I've ever seen it that low on somebody's list. I think the first hill and the water scenery alone puts it ahead of most coasters.

• Like 3

Fury 325 is only the second Giga i've ridden. So, i only have Millennium to compare it to. I do think Fury is awesome though. I just love how Millennium seems to not let up from start to finish. Fury does let up a little at the helix. Overall, it's a great ride though.

• Like 3

I would love to see KI spend one year adn get a decent addition of flats. One or two big ones then 2 or 3 small family ones. 

For major ones get something like a Screamin' Swing, Sledgehammer, Sky Roller ( all which would make good X-Base additions), Enterprise, Top Scan, or Top Spin. 

For family ones like to see a Tilt-A-Whirl, teacup style, twist and splash style, Music Express or Alpine Bobs type, Magic Carpet, or Wipe Out.

Think getting a handful of these would really round out or flat line up and improve the park to an even higher level. 

• Like 9

I would love to see KI spend one year adn get a decent addition of flats. One or two big ones then 2 or 3 small family ones.

For major ones get something like a Screamin' Swing, Sledgehammer, Sky Roller ( all which would make good X-Base additions), Enterprise, Top Scan, or Top Spin.

For family ones like to see a Tilt-A-Whirl, teacup style, twist and splash style, Music Express or Alpine Bobs type, Magic Carpet, or Wipe Out.

Think getting a handful of these would really round out or flat line up and improve the park to an even higher level.

Couldn't agree more!!

I've been saying that ever since my son got too big/old for Snoopy land.

You either ride a giant coaster @ KI or you do nothing...

• Like 1

Excuse me for being naive as it's been a long time since I've visited KI, but I just noticed that the Timberwolf theater is still there. Two questions: 1. Do they actually still use that thing very much?  2.  If they tore it down, does that create enough room in that corner of the park to put a giga coaster there? It would be a great spot for a giga as it would be extremely visible coming into the park.

• Like 3

Canada's Wonderland is getting new flats next year? Uhm, Worlds of Fun will be getting 2 I believe. As far as we know, there were 7-8 rides picked.

Now that we've briefly digressed to discussing flat rides, I would love to see KI get a HUSS Sledgehammer, but I heard there were some issues with the ride initially. Does Cedar Fair still do business with HUSS? And if so, do you guys think KI would ever get one?

I would love a Sledgehammer! There were issues, but they've mostly worked themselves out. Cedar Fair does do business with HUSS, as a ride part supplier. I think the last HUSS addition to a CF park was maXair at CP.

Excuse me for being naive as it's been a long time since I've visited KI, but I just noticed that the Timberwolf theater is still there. Two questions: 1. Do they actually still use that thing very much?  2.  If they tore it down, does that create enough room in that corner of the park to put a giga coaster there? It would be a great spot for a giga as it would be extremely visible coming into the park.

It's still used, not a ton. 

• Like 3

I saw over Twitter that the gap tweeted about by KIC could mean an access pathway is being built or that it indicates the structure for a zero-g stall. Thoughts?

Can you please include a screenshot of things that you see on Twitter? Not everyone knows what you are talking about.

• Like 6

Using Gavpenn's description, this layout fits pretty much everywhere. There is a little bit of a issue with the coaster station, but this isn't a true topdown map and the scaling could be off a hair. But everything else matches up. The abutments line up with the reservoir. Everywhere it crosses WWC, the amount of lines that are on the mini layout of the coaster thin out suggesting it's crossing something. Everything it crosses, it crosses at a point that is at least practical. Where it crosses the WWC conveyor, queue area is a little sketchy, but I think its doable. The various turns on the coster that would be made to go around obstacles, all match up with the topography and obstacles. The scale is correct from the plans. It does match the newly pointed out "lake crossing."

The only thing that doesn't fit is the coords and "north" designation on the plans. Many of us have plotted the coords. The coords match the orientation of the plans and show that the north arrow on the detail plans is pointed north in relation to the coords. So for this layout to be right, either the coords are wrong, or they are using coords that aren't on a north/south orientation.

So any thoughts? Anyone with experience with blueprints on a custom coords system as I've never heard of that.

27702007760_01e7428f07_b.jpg

**Using Gavpenn's description**

Just a friendly reminder. KingsIsland1972 was very spot on with the layout too!

If I remember correctly GavPenn, majority on here believe I was totally wrong and incorrect from the beginning. I'm on my phone and can't get Flickr to post my last photo of the layout that was in neon green. Therefore, anybody else that comes up with my theory will be praised to the high heavens because that's how life works for me in the real world too. Heehee. Thanks for remembering me.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

MF #17? lol.....don't think I've ever seen it that low on somebody's list. I think the first hill and the water scenery alone puts it ahead of most coasters.

I feel that MF has a fantastic first drop....  Rest of the ride is just speed with 3 small air time hills.  There is not much to the ride and not particularly intense whereas Fury has 4 serious lateral hills with 4 intense air time hills.  The pacing of MF is better because there are no real change in direction.

Here are my steel coaster list to #20:

1. Bizarro (SFNE) - Superman Ride of Steel

2. Fury 325

3. Levianthan

4. Intimidator 305

5. Skyrush

6. Diamondback

7. Intimidator

8. Behemoth

9. Magnum XL-200

10. X2

11. Maverick

12. Banshee

13. Apollo's Chariot

14. Volcano

15. Tatsu

16. Goliath (SFMM)

17. Millennium Force

18. Talon

19. Alpengeist

20. Eagle Fortress (RIP)

• Like 5

Of all the coasters I have ridden, Millennium Force is, for me, somewhere near the bottom. Great view. Nice first drop.

I'm not into mere speed. For me, negative g's, strong laterals and great pacing make a roller coaster. Millennium Force has a nice view.

This is why I also don't get Voyage. At all. I'd rather ride a tricycle down a gentle hill. Raven is much more my style.

Or El Toro. Beast.

But Millennium Forceless? I prefer Mean Streak, of which I am decidedly not a fan.

• Like 14

Of all the coasters I have ridden, Millennium Force is, for me, somewhere near the bottom. Great view. Nice first drop.

I'm not into mere speed. For me, negative g's, strong laterals and great pacing make a roller coaster. Millennium Force has a nice view.

This is why I also don't get Voyage. At all. I'd rather ride a tricycle down a gentle hill. Raven is much more my style.

Or El Toro. Beast.

But Millennium Forceless? I prefer Mean Streak, of which I am decidedly not a fan.

Do you like Fury 325?

• Like 1

Or El Toro. Beast.

I concur with you on Millennium Force. However, I respectfully disagree on Voyage, my favorite coaster out of 132 ridden

It definitely has negative g's with it's 20 plus seconds of airtime! I also feel solid laterals on it. Now pacing, maybe I can see your beef there. To me it's like being on a bucking bronco and you might not feel like you're really traveling in any particular direction. It's just chaos, especially the second half.

I'm different than most coaster fans in that I like Legend better than Raven.

• Like 10