Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Such an exciting time of the year, things happening but yet we still have to wonder, hope and dream. A new woodie with lots of airtime elements and turns, in the woods or what remains of the woods, it is going to be a great addition to Rivertown for sure. I am 55 next week and I feel like a kid again when I visit Kings Island. I have to hold my composure going to the rides, the excitement is still deep in my soul. So with each new addition that Kinds Island presents, I am one happy camper!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 12

The footers for #KIProject2017 will run at most 33 feet deep. Check out @GlauserDan13's Tweet: https://twitter.com/GlauserDan13/status/754779955096129537?s=09

Is this a normal depth?

Thanks for posting. That guy thinks RMC coaster and record breaking size. Where did you hear they are clearing area east of Diamondback?

• Like 5

The only pic I saw was of a couple of logs stacked. Stacked logs have already been shown in that area but they came from the cleared area. I think he's grasping at logs.

I agree. I didn't see any clearing at all in that picture.(east side of DB)   Also, I think he might be grasping at straws as far as this coaster being huge and record breaking. It may very well be, but it's way too early to tell. Even if his 33 ft. footers info is correct, I would imagine that is a pretty standard depth for coaster footers. Can't really tell the size of the coaster from that.

• Like 5

The footers for #KIProject2017 will run at most 33 feet deep. Check out @GlauserDan13's Tweet: https://twitter.com/GlauserDan13/status/754779955096129537?s=09

Is this a normal depth?

Thanks for posting. That guy thinks RMC coaster and record breaking size. Where did you hear they are clearing area east of Diamondback?

RMC's current tallest Topper track coaster is Goliath at 165 ft.  Unless that's a super steep lift and first drop in the blueprints, I kind of doubt that claim.   By the looks of it, I don't see a length record being plausible either. 

• Like 5

Is this a normal depth?

RMC's current tallest Topper track coaster is Goliath at 165 ft.  Unless that's a super steep lift and first drop in the blueprints, I kind of doubt that claim.   By the looks of it, I don't see a length record being plausible either.

Is this a normal depth?

Dude posted again, there's a truck in the forest EAST of DBack.

• Like 3

c185becf55.jpg

Maybe something like this for new train route? :)  Just guessing and speculating again.... If they don't move the train here, the area between DB and Beast might be a good area for another big log flume type ride. I miss the big log flume!

• Like 4

In the eleventh picture down, the one showing the fork-lift looking thing between the I-beams, look across the lake and you will see the clearing where the coaster might cross the pond.

Good catch. Probably the "area of work" from the plans. 

• Like 3

The terrain becomes much more hilly east and south of DB. So I doubt the train will be moving anywhere.

The terrain becomes much more hilly east and south of DB. So I doubt the train will be moving anywhere.

Dollywood's train is quite long in hilly areas isn't it? Not out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 1

And King's Island's train is used to transport an abundance of folks to and from Soak City.  The fullest I ever see the train is when Soak City is closing, and the masses come back to the main park in the evening.

The train route I made up goes right close to Soak City. Not saying they are moving the train. Just speculating.

• Like 1