Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Dollywood uses powerful coal-fired steam locomotives...

2-8-2 Mountain, one of the strongest steam locos ever designed. However I will note that sometimes the crews can't make the hill, back down and try again. I seen Cinderella run into some light wheel slip going over Thunderhead Gap, I love the sound but too much wheelslip can damage the rail and the wheels. I know one of KI's engines is a 4-4-0 American, I think....

Edit: Both KI engines are 4-4-0s. A lot smaller than the 2-8-2 and a lot lighter. Generally the more weigh on the driving wheels the more power a loco has.

• Like 9

After visiting Worlds of Fun and riding their train, it had me thinking more about KI's train. At WOF, there are walkways under the train tracks as it winds through the park. Not knowing the history of the park's development, I don't know if that was how it was when the park opened or if changes were made later. Does anyone here know?

Seeing those pathways, it made me think that there are more options than just going over the existing train tracks. Bridges and pathways under the train tracks could open up different opportunities for 2017 and beyond.

• Like 7

The footers for #KIProject2017 will run at most 33 feet deep. Check out @GlauserDan13's Tweet: https://twitter.com/GlauserDan13/status/754779955096129537?s=09

Is this a normal depth?

Thanks for posting. That guy thinks RMC coaster and record breaking size. Where did you hear they are clearing area east of Diamondback?

RMC's current tallest Topper track coaster is Goliath at 165 ft. Unless that's a super steep lift and first drop in the blueprints, I kind of doubt that claim. By the looks of it, I don't see a length record being plausible either.
I kind of doubt this. According to Wikipedia SOB footers were only 11 feet in the ground. So you can can make your own judgement. Although this guy seems to have some credibility. But he also seems to just throw things out there sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The footers for #KIProject2017 will run at most 33 feet deep. Check out @GlauserDan13's Tweet: https://twitter.com/GlauserDan13/status/754779955096129537?s=09

Is this a normal depth?

Thanks for posting. That guy thinks RMC coaster and record breaking size. Where did you hear they are clearing area east of Diamondback?

RMC's current tallest Topper track coaster is Goliath at 165 ft. Unless that's a super steep lift and first drop in the blueprints, I kind of doubt that claim. By the looks of it, I don't see a length record being plausible either.
I kind of doubt this. According to Wikipedia SOB footers were only 11 feet in the ground. So you can can make your own judgement. Although this guy seems to have some credibility. But he also seems to just throw things out there sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not going by footings.  I'm rebuking his claim for something with record breaking size when the size of the alleged construction site and the blueprints speak to the contrary.   I couldn't care less if the footings were 1 ft deep or 1,000 ft deep. 

• Like 4

Agreed, footing depth has more to do with soil type and quality in the geotech report. If you built a small kiddie coaster in a swamp vs a tall ride on bedrock, the kiddie coaster would probably have larger footings due to the soil conditions.

• Like 12

I would love to see KI spend one year adn get a decent addition of flats. One or two big ones then 2 or 3 small family ones. 

For major ones get something like a Screamin' Swing, Sledgehammer, Sky Roller ( all which would make good X-Base additions), Enterprise, Top Scan, or Top Spin. 

For family ones like to see a Tilt-A-Whirl, teacup style, twist and splash style, Music Express or Alpine Bobs type, Magic Carpet, or Wipe Out.

Think getting a handful of these would really round out or flat line up and improve the park to an even higher level. 

I agree wholeheartedly!

• Like 3

Yes! Where's the Enterprise? Where's a Rotor type ride? I would love a working Screamin Swing style ride (shade thrown)

And honestly a ride that merged Scrambler and Shake Rattle and Roll would be amazing. Swinging bobs, with the scrambler motion, how SRR starts, before the lift off, would be great. Low to the ground and fast, and comfortable unlike Scrambler.

I'd enjoy rock o planes buuuttt.. that'd be terrible capacity lol

• Like 7

I would love to see KI spend one year adn get a decent addition of flats. One or two big ones then 2 or 3 small family ones. 

For major ones get something like a Screamin' Swing, Sledgehammer, Sky Roller ( all which would make good X-Base additions), Enterprise, Top Scan, or Top Spin. 

For family ones like to see a Tilt-A-Whirl, teacup style, twist and splash style, Music Express or Alpine Bobs type, Magic Carpet, or Wipe Out.

Think getting a handful of these would really round out or flat line up and improve the park to an even higher level. 

I agree wholeheartedly!

For years, I have always said I'd like a "Resurrection Theme Park" and bring back all the old rides from the dead and put them all in one spot.  King Cobra, Log Flume, Screamin' Demon, the old roulette wheel..ect.  I'd like a movie theater or roller skating rink with the guy playing the organ.   Build a boardwalk and have old carnival foods.  The park could use a little update with more flat rides other than what's in Coney Mall.  I love what we have but after umpteen years of coming to this park it is the same ol same old.  IMO. 

• Like 3