Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

For those who still think this is an RMC, go to rcdb.com and check out the construction pics for GCI coasters. Specifically Heidi, Python, Timbur etc. Look at the footer layouts and footer ties. Then look at the footer detail from the plans that have been posted on here. Also, go check out the POV for Invadr on the Busch Gardens Williamsburg site. Thats a GCI that opens next year and has a ton of similarities to the plans we've seen. And if you still think it's an RMC...... well people still were thinking Banshee was going to be an Intamin Giga right up to the announcement. 

• Like 2

GavPenn, do you think they might try to bring back the loop like they had before? Not barrel rolls, but a loop! I thought that was the coolest thing about SOB. The rest of the ride was just downright painful.

As much as I enjoy a good loop, I believe in this day and age, loops will be only for steel coasters. Not saying its impossible but a loop is more of a played out element. In a world of inovation and need for bigger, brighter, better, we tend to yawn at things that have already been accomplished. In 2000, a looping wooden coaster was cutting edge. Today a single looping woodie would hardly raise an eyebrow. If the screamin demon was still around the wait time would be nonexistent in the shadow of Vortex.

That being said, I also really enjoyed SOB and loved its loop. I miss it and hope one day KI will obtain a wooden hyper once again!

• Like 3

I don't think people have a problem with the supports being steel, it is the fact that the wheels BARELY touch the wood. 

This is a picture of Topper track (seen on the left) 

iaapa02.jpg

My problem is just how much steel there is involved with the topper track. If it was a thin layer connecting the 2 pieces of a standard wood track then I would be fine, but the track is made of thick cut steel, thus making me consider them hybrids over wood.

• Like 5

In a world of inovation and need for bigger, brighter, better, we tend to yawn at things that have already been accomplished. In 2000, a looping wooden coaster was cutting edge. Today a single looping woodie would hardly raise an eyebrow.

Banshee seems to raise quite a few eyebrows with its loop....

Also, do we still yawn at a lift hill drop? Since that has been accomplished. lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

In a world of inovation and need for bigger, brighter, better, we tend to yawn at things that have already been accomplished. In 2000, a looping wooden coaster was cutting edge. Today a single looping woodie would hardly raise an eyebrow.

Banshee seems to raise quite a few eyebrows with its loop....

Also, do we still yawn at a lift hill drop? Since that has been accomplished. lol

I think you missed the point.

• Like 2

After seeing the clearing between the train station and WWC queue, and some new work there, and new markers, I'm almost back to thinking they're bringing back the 'tiques. I'll explain more with pics once I'm home.

I may just lack imagination.

Except for that whole thing with coaster blueprints being filed with the city.

• Like 3

After seeing the clearing between the train station and WWC queue, and some new work there, and new markers, I'm almost back to thinking they're bringing back the 'tiques. I'll explain more with pics once I'm home.

What if... what if... (whispers quietly) it's both a coaster AND the return of the `tiques?

• Like 11

What if... what if... (whispers quietly) it's both a coaster AND the return of the `tiques?

I already mentioned the antique cars coming back.

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentleman in 15 minutes Kings Island will present....ba6111665340000bebfaf6ea965b1f43.png

**not actually 15 minutes lol

Sent from my iOS 10 device

We've had our popcorn out for a long time already. I'm getting sick of popcorn actually.  I need some real food:)

• Like 8

RMC wooden coaster I have been on are Outlaw Run and Goliath. I found them to be very smooth. Some GCIs I have been on were not very good such as Gwazi, Wildcat and Roar. However, I absolutely love Thunderhead, Renegade, Prowler and Lightning Racer. I found RMC woodies to be very short though. I actually prefer GCI because they feel more like traditional wooden coasters.

• Like 3

Has anyone figured out anything about the clearing back by The Beast? And if it has gotten any larger? Haven't been to the park in a few weeks. Also I see Zephyr is going under refurbishment. Kind of strange it's happening mid season...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Has anyone figured out anything about the clearing back by The Beast? And if it has gotten any larger? Haven't been to the park in a few weeks. Also I see Zephyr is going under refurbishment. Kind of strange it's happening mid season...

I didn't see this on Twitter but it is kind of implied that the trees by The Beast had Ash Bore. Considering how trees were supposedly removed during the June ERT session causing The Beast not to open for ERT.
  • Like 5

I haven't been on The Beast in a couple of weeks, but the clearing around the drop into the ravine probably has to do with the dying ash trees.

Edit- Beaten

• Like 3

Oh, yeah, the stumps seem to have been cut from some of the logs that were over by DB last week. The butt end of a log they cut into portions appears to be sitting on top of some that are still there.adb58c656d2b61bcc25b1c031aad2c53.jpg

So that's why we saw logs stacked up in a couple different places. They were saved to make stumps.  Seems like they have a whole plan laid out as to how to reveal this thing or things.

• Like 3

I think the clearing by Beast was just to give the PR guys a laugh on here.

Joking but maybe not.

Yeah ...they probably really got a kick out of my whole proposed train route going by The Beast. ha!

• Like 3

Well this seems important.

(And the "clearing" by Beast was a few trees taken down, and no movement since then, even to remove the fallen)

The pic with the while lines between the steel beams is probably something underground that needs to be moved before they can drill holes. You can see where they have the holes marked for two more beams. 

I'm on my third trip around on the train because I keep forgetting to get a pic of the clearing before the unused station. Keep seeing other interesting stuff tho. Like these strange little wood slats

The wood slats appear to be there to hold the beams in place while concrete is poured and sets. They are staked on the ends, and it looks like there is a clip screwed to the board to hold the beam. 

• Like 5