Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Just a "little" reminder that I stand firm on my layout with 98.672538% accuracy with no clue what is what, just where it's going!  #TeamGCI or #TeamRMC.  Whatever fits the best.  I would just like to be a performer with the clown band one day.  That is all.

27457912410_8064826f95_m.jpgKIProject2017FinalEdit by KingsIsland1972, on Flickr

Seems like they had the space the make this coaster super long if they wanted to. I mean they could have curved this thing towards the east and way back behind DB. I would assume they are just wanting to keep their costs down somewhat with a mid size coaster before they go really big again in 2-3 years. Maybe this is short and super intense.

• Like 5

Using that pic as a reference I measured it out (roughly) in Google Maps and got about 3,200 ft. I don't know how much elevation changes will add but that isn't terribly small. For reference The Racer is 3,415 ft., Storm Chaser is 2,744 ft. and Goliath is 3,100 ft. I used Wikipedia as the source for coaster length. Should this turn out to be an RMC it would be a decent bit longer than the closest competition assuming this pic is accurate. Should it be a GCI it would be close to Lightning Racer's 3,393 ft. Makes me hope that pic is close :)

• Like 7

So, they seem to have begun extending the access road that runs through DB over to Project 2017's area.

5afa8b844d368bc91f50893e16e48e91.jpg

Newly gravel-paved area on DB's side of WWC queue. Probably will be used as parking/turnaround for equipment by my guess.

59b42d223931e9e2753db05c3ea19124.jpg

Roll of fabric near the fence on the DB side of WWC queue, beside the new gravel area. Used beneath the road I'm assuming.

dd713c1215f8fb4dfb0645ffdedd9e9f.jpg

8e0859d61093fa678b77fe1dc29ca0b3.jpg

Beginnings of new access road on the other side of the queue with equipment already parked on it

7788ff0283410e7b5884965b1f332151.jpg

Shot from another angle of the equipment on the new road

338611f78c21991682f1167c289b6bcd.jpg

I just realized these platforms I posted pics of before may have been used as a bridge across the concrete curbs of the new WWC queue to cross the equipment. I need to see if the length is correct next time I'm at the park. I had noted before that the fencing in this part of the new queue, other than the floral tunnels, seemed awfully temporary. I was hoping it was because the coaster would ultimately do a fly-over, but it looks likely to be for construction access.

• Like 19

I believe that is the building that 700 WLW is located in.  Its been a few years since I've been down in that building, so not 100%.

edit:

A quick glance at street view on maps.google.com and I'm now 100% that is the building that 700WLW occupies.

Its on the other side of I71 opposite the Kenwood mall.

Don't know if this link will work or if you'll have to reset the coordinates to get the view:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.2015769,-84.3709084,3a,60y,138.17h,83.14t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKH8KYdjlXb4_u9tqQ7mptg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

edit2:

It appears the link will take you the right spot, just scan left and right b/w the north tower and the south tower and you can see the rather unique pattern with the top two levels of glass.

• Like 6

The Clearchannel stations are in that building.

the Cumulas Stations (fox 92.5 amongst others) are located off the Norwood Lateral.

I'm sure there are several smaller stations as well.  Not sure where WLWT broadcasts from, I don't think it was the same place as their radio broadcasts, but I'm not 100%

• Like 3

I'm confused... where were those "Step 1, Step 2.." pics found?  I did not see them on the parks' official Twitter, or on their FB page.  Are they fake, fan made?  Obviously, they are in the employee lot, pulling out of KI etc... but without an actual link it seems false to me.

• Like 1

Good grief.... FB, Twitter, Snapchat, blah blah blah... who can keep up with all 10 of the social media outlets the park is using? Us old folks aren't as savvy as you youngins....  LOL ;-)

And a big thanks to everyone who is re-posting the content here for those of us who can't keep up!   ;)   Very much appreciated !!  :D

• Like 13

Curious?? This is heading north on 71 between 275 and KI.d793264ab2c4fc3de306849ac8648d78.png

Sent from my iOS 10 device

I'm fairly certain that is heading south, past western row.  That building on the left is fairly new, w/n the last couple of years.  But yes, b/w KI & 275

• Like 4