Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Although I'm not entirely convinced that this is an RMC, I suspect it to be more than just an average GCI (like Prowler or Renegade) based solely on the tweet that said "They will definitely come". That implies that it will be a destination coaster that people will travel for, not one that is similar to another one that is closer to them. I expect it to have some sort of new element or break some sort of record. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

• Like 6

This is what I love most about these decoding threads! 

I may try and make my first trip of the year next Thursday.

"Nature is taking Over"

This picture is themed more than Banshee's countdown was; Banshee's countdown was just a picture of the land and a bulldozer type machine. Wonder if the name will have something to do with nature or a nature type animal?

I don't know why but pixies came to my mind when I saw the picture on the KI website; I know that would be a petty theme but just thinking out loud. 

• Like 8

Sorry for the double post; I googled "exotic nature animals" just for fun and found a couple of names that I like. 

Ocelot is one that stands out to me. Its a type of cat. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but this just stuck out to me!

I would suspect this attraction will not be animal or creature themed - rather themed to logging, foliage, trees, etc.

Think Timber Falls, Loggers Run, etc.   

• Like 9

I think it's interesting that we're having an announcement in July.....in previous years announcements were spread through the month of August and even in September (Soak City). What has happened in the past doesn't mean it'll happen in the future. 

Just an observation.

• Like 12

I think it's interesting that we're having an announcement in July.....in previous years announcements were spread through the month of August and even in September (WindSeeker). What has happened in the past doesn't mean it'll happen in the future. 

Just an observation.

True.  

Parks usually time their announcements to be right before construction that obviously reveals what the coaster will be begins.  Track for Banshee showed up in the days following KI's announcement.  Holiday World timed their announcement of Thunderbird to be the night before the first track pieces were scheduled to arrive.  The first pieces of Valravn's track arrived at Cedar Point just a day or two after the originally scheduled announcement.

• Like 8

I'm pumped!! A little sad I'm in Chicago this summer until August 13th. I was at the Banshee announcement, and I remember how incredibly enjoyable that event was. Waited 2 hours before the actual announcement to get a front row spot lol. Hopefully I can catch a live broadcast online for this one. I'm sure someone will have it.

• Like 8

Ok a prediction, based on clues so far ....

Antique electric logging truck ride with some terrain elements (not just flat) with the concomitant construction of a wooden hybrid coaster (RMC or GCI, doesn't matter as long as it's fun!) having at least one barrel roll and travel over WWC with both rides interacting in some way. The ride will be called "Timbercat" or "Timberchicken".

Lol. I can dream, can't I?

• Like 4

http://www.trademarkia.com/renegade-ride-with-a-vengeance-77023225.htmlPossible name? Cedar Fair trademarked the named Renagade a while back, seems to fit perfectly with a wood theme coaster!

I mean Renegade is the name of the GCI woodie CF built at Valleyfair. Also that doesn't really match the hints of wood either. 

• Like 4

I'm pumped!! A little sad I'm in Chicago this summer until August 13th. I was at the Banshee announcement, and I remember how incredibly enjoyable that event was. Waited 2 hours before the actual announcement to get a front row spot lol. Hopefully I can catch a live broadcast online for this one. I'm sure someone will have it.

Looking forward to catching a live stream as well. I had been hoping to make an announcement day visit since early this season. Unfortunately I have a conflict on the 28th. I too greatly enjoyed the Banshee announcement in person.

• Like 4