Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Sorry for the double post; I googled "exotic nature animals" just for fun and found a couple of names that I like. 

Ocelot is one that stands out to me. Its a type of cat. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but this just stuck out to me!

I would suspect this attraction will not be animal or creature themed - rather themed to logging, foliage, trees, etc.

Think Timber Falls, Loggers Run, etc.   

I came up with Timber Falls as the name over a month or two ago. Right after I saw the "watch for falling trees" on the fence barrier.

• Like 2

I would imagine that this has to be a major thrill ride. This is getting teased more than Banshee was. That is the reason I am on team RMC. I think it will break the inversion record or something. Like I have said before. I trust Rob Decker (except Valravn, but alteast it looks great).

This

#RMC4KI2017

• Like 1

I would imagine that this has to be a major thrill ride. This is getting teased more than Banshee was. That is the reason I am on team RMC. I think it will break the inversion record or something. Like I have said before. I trust Rob Decker (except Valravn, but alteast it looks great).

This

1. One word post.

2. You're reading too deep into this.

• Like 4

Sorry for the double post; I googled "exotic nature animals" just for fun and found a couple of names that I like. 

Ocelot is one that stands out to me. Its a type of cat. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but this just stuck out to me!

I would suspect this attraction will not be animal or creature themed - rather themed to logging, foliage, trees, etc.

I came up with Timber Falls as the name over a month or two ago. Right after I saw the "watch for falling trees" on the fence barrier.

It's not a competition ;-)  I expect KI came up with whatever the *actual* name is long before either of us made up one ;-)  Oh, and a couple of parks have already used the name for flumes, rides etc.  As a matter of fact, there's a whole park named "Timber Falls."

• Like 5

It's not a competition ;-)  I expect KI came up with whatever the *actual* name is long before either of us made up one ;-)

Right on. Just saying I've been posting that name as my guess on people's youtube videos for a long time. When people were suggesting the coaster was going to be called Son of Beast 2.0 and other ridiculous stuff:)

• Like 2

Thinking about the name... All of this falling trees and then possible lumberjack type names being thrown around here yet the countdown on the KI website talks about "nature taking over. " Completely different lines of thought going on. Me thinks Mother Nature is not happy and she will have her revenge somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Very cool "teaser" image. I'm a fan. It's forested with a sort of ethereal look. Dark, fireflies, etc. It's not so much spooky as it is "fantasy." I think that's a good motif so far.

ki_capital-countdownbackground_rotator1.

Reminds me of Verbolten, but less scary. I'm a fan.

• Like 22

Of all the coasters I have ridden, Millennium Force is, for me, somewhere near the bottom. Great view. Nice first drop.

I'm not into mere speed. For me, negative g's, strong laterals and great pacing make a roller coaster. Millennium Force has a nice view.

This is why I also don't get Voyage. At all. I'd rather ride a tricycle down a gentle hill. Raven is much more my style.

Or El Toro. Beast.

But Millennium Forceless? I prefer Mean Streak, of which I am decidedly not a fan.

Sorry a bit late for this but Jeremy Clarkson would like to disagree with you. https://youtu.be/qqQzU-q8S2o?t=3m50s

• Like 4

Very cool "teaser" image. I'm a fan. It's forested with a sort of ethereal look. Dark, fireflies, etc. It's not so much spooky as it is "fantasy." I think that's a good motif so far.

ki_capital-countdownbackground_rotator1.

Reminds me of Verbolten, but less scary. I'm a fan.

ride.png

So maybe it's a diversion, but at this point the two graphics we have do NOT seem related to chopping down wood, axes, trains, etc. They seem almost "mystical." They're misty, dark forests lit by lightning bugs, the text is a little pulp horror, they have a magical quality, nighttime announcement, etc... Odd to imagine that this might all be focused around a creature (a "beast" you might say) lurking in the woods given its neighbor, but that looks like the direction rather than locomotives and lumber. Which, in my mind, is a good thing.

Now, let's hope they're preserving as much of the forest as possible... Have the coaster slalom through a vine tunnel; have thousands of flickering "lightning bugs" strung up in the trees to give incredible, magical night rides... THAT's what I'd like to see.

• Like 21

Yeah, it really IS Christmas in July!

Interesting how the Nature Is Taking Over graphic reflects the stage design of Origins.

Exactly!  I remember when I saw Origins in May, I commented that I wondered if the show itself was tied in to Project 2017 and if so, something BIG is coming!

• Like 3

I may have to take next Thursday off.

The change in teasers is a nice touch. Changes.

To the folks that's sayin to go see if someone can go find updated plans: Why? So you can know a few days sooner?? It does ruin it for the folks that want to wait for the announcement. And defeats the purpose of this whole thread, which will be locked within a couple weeks.

• Like 12

For anyone wondering, I did check with Don via email about RSVP'ing for the announcement. He said that there isn't an RSVP for it, it's open to all guests like Banshee's announcement.

Thank you for verifying that!!

And I definitely agree with the mystical theme like bkroz said. I also can see what others said about a lumber and wood theme. Those bluish lights just really scream a mythical creature to me! Reminds me of a pixie but hopefully cooler than that!

• Like 7