Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

30db6a53df91c9932c9882de6b11f4bc.png

Something lurking in the woods

Sent from the cellphone Zach Morris used in Saved By The Bell using Tapatalk

I wonder how soon green Intamin track arrives on site after the announcement. I wonder why my iPad decided to double post this, it must be sign. Edited by Tr0y
  • Like 5

Thinking about the "Tin Man" clues and decided to search around. I stumbled upon this connection.

http://www.mythfolklore.net/3043mythfolklore/reading/oz/pages/16.htm

//It was lucky the Scarecrow and the Woodman were wide awake and heard the wolves coming.

"This is my fight," said the Woodman, "so get behind me and I will meet them as they come."

He seized his axe, which he had made very sharp, and as the leader of the wolves came on the Tin Woodman swung his arm and chopped the wolf's head from its body, so that it immediately died. As soon as he could raise his axe another wolf came up, and he also fell under the sharp edge of the Tin Woodman's weapon. There were forty wolves, and forty times a wolf was killed, so that at last they all lay dead in a heap before the Woodman.

Then he put down his axe and sat beside the Scarecrow, who said, "It was a good fight, friend."\\

Any thoughts? Seems to me that those doing detective work in the beginning of this were on to something.

Seems relevant to repost.

• Like 1

I wonder why nothing has been trademarked yet. There aren't even any trademarks filed by any "secret" subsidiaries. Don't they want to sell merchandise?

If they're secret, how would you know about them? ;)

I put "secret" in quotes because I was referring to trademarks not filed directly by Cedar Fair or Kings Island, but still filed by Cedar Fair under one of its subsidiaries (e.g. Millennium Operations). A quick search on the trademark database can pull up all of the trademarks filed at the address of Cedar Fair's headquarters.

• Like 5

Like I said "Big Bad Wolf" would have been awesome and made sense, if it wasn't already a coaster from Busch (even though it is defunct). I am getting a mythical creature vibe from the countdown background and the fact they keep using the work "lurking" to promote it.

• Like 3

I wonder why nothing has been trademarked yet. There aren't even any trademarks filed by any "secret" subsidiaries. Don't they want to sell merchandise?

If they're secret, how would you know about them? ;)

I put "secret" in quotes because I was referring to trademarks not filed directly by Cedar Fair or Kings Island, but still filed by Cedar Fair under one of its subsidiaries (e.g. Millennium Operations). A quick search on the trademark database can pull up all of the trademarks filed at the address of Cedar Fair's headquarters.

They may have learned a lesson from Thunderbird. Holiday World applied for that trademark under a seemingly unrelated shell company with an address in Evansville. So the subsidiary might not necessarily have the address of Cedar Fair HQ, or any other address one might associate with Cedar Fair.

• Like 10

For anyone interested in numbers:

At this point in Banshee speculation (right after the announcement of the announcement date), we were averaging around 900 or more posts per day across all of KIC, with a large portion of those in the decoding thread.

Over the past 24 hours, we've had just 343 posts across all of KIC.

Whatever this is, it's certainly not drawing the level of interest and speculation that Banshee did.

• Like 8

I think that the much more visible construction helped with Banshee.

That and people were probably speculating that it was going to be a huge project replacing SoB. I think a lot of people think this project is going to be more on the medium size scale. If people really thought this was going to be a record breaking giga or something, this site would be blowing up. Personally, I prefer a project in Rivertown over any other part of the park, so I am hyped.

• Like 6

When I think of old pick up trucks in the woods I think of some horror movies.

"Deliverance" fits a lot of the clues. Would also work for a flume. Lol

For all you kids.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068473/

I just watched that movie last night! I love that movie!

I have a story to do with that movie, 

My cousin Kramer and I were out one night, and after we went to a festival, we were just beat. We went to all places, a bar at a Holiday Inn.

There was a country string band playing, and we got our beers, and sat between the bar and the band.

The band, for some reason, starting playing "Dueling Banjos" and Kramer and I were extolling to each other our love of the movie "Deliverance".

I conjectured that the most manly man of the film was not Burt Reynolds, but Ned Beatty, because it took a lot of nerve for him to show his bum-

But instead of the word 'bum" the truth was we were saying "Great, big, white, fat a**"- and both Kramer and I were talking to each other as such-

"He read the script, saw that part, and decided he had it in him to show his 'bum."

"Yeh, he knew everyone was going to see his "Bum", but he went ahead and did it."

"Yeh! That takes nerves of steel to know the whole nation is going to see your 'bum- And! squeal like a pig!  That's the most daring part in the movie."

And we thought about getting another beer. I looked over at the bar, and the friendliest, most most pleasant looking fellow lifted his mug and smiled at us.

We lifted our glasses and smiled at him.

"Kramer. That's Ned Beatty."

"(Gasp!) And we're sitting here talking about his 'bum'!"

We .... decided not to meet him. He pretty much knew we were fans from over there.

• Like 8

There's this empty amphitheater sitting on the north side of the park could this ride be called timber wolf ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ask Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, also a Cedar Fair park. They have a wooden coaster named Timberwolf.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I wouldn't even mind the name "Beastie" of it wasn't for the fact that it has been used on a KI kiddie coaster. I think it would be neat to tie this coaster in with The Beast.

I had thought of that, as well.   Wouldn't mind it at all.  I doubt that's it, however.

Timberwolf is intriguing to me....  Not sure they'd completely abandon the amphitheater/reuse the name...

I also wonder if "Roll out the Barrels" was a Donkey Kong reference...

• Like 2

Did the Banshee name get leaked before the announcement? Any chance this name gets leaked?

Terp claims (I don't doubt him, but have never seen a link to proof either) that he mentioned the name Banshee roughly a full year prior to its announcement.  Being so early, he claims it went almost completely unnoticed, except by Don.

As mentioned, the name was trademarked early in the season, so it was out there as a possibility that many had in mind, but those speculating weren't sure if it was really for KI's project or not.  CF had trademarked it prior, and was ready to call a ride (Raptor?) by that name before some backlash led them down a different track.

• Like 5