Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

The thing that has me really curious is the lake crossing, and with the amount of footers required for a wooden coaster, that is a lot of pilings that will have to be installed across the reservoir. I dont think this will be a normal wooden coaster!

• Like 1

A 3 year developement of River town would rock more like a knotts park with shops a highly themed log flume maybe a dark ride some flats..

That would rock also.

They need to put a dark ride in that empty space at the end of The Racer

Sent from the future while riding #KIProject2017 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I think this thread could have had much MUCH more potential if the blueprints were not leaked so early... that kinda killed the buzz. 

With the rate we were going before that, we could have overtaken Decoding 2014 easily...

• Like 6

The thing that has me really curious is the lake crossing, and with the amount of footers required for a wooden coaster, that is a lot of pilings that will have to be installed across the reservoir. I dont think this will be a normal wooden coaster!

More likely a bridge will be built.  Take a look at Ravine Flyer II.

• Like 7

The plans reference an abutment. An abutment is the end of a bridge. So that part may be steel, but the footer plans and GCI's past work suggest the rest will be wood. 

• Like 3

I think this thread could have had much MUCH more potential if the blueprints were not leaked so early... that kinda killed the buzz.

Just noting... eight days before the announcement, and posters in this thread still haven't reached a consensus regarding the height, launch/lift mechanism, or even the ride manufacturer.

• Like 14

But the hype sort of died down after the blueprints were leaked in early June, some were just disappointed I guess, though I was not one of them. We still dont really know what type of wooden rollercoaster it is, but we know it is some type of woodie.

• Like 8

There's probably less people posting on this thread than the Decoding 2014 thread because this project has far less work to speculate on and I also think these forum sites are not necessarily getting as much people on them as they used to. There's going to be things that come and go on the internet. It's always changing.

• Like 2

The plans reference an abutment. An abutment is the end of a bridge. So that part may be steel, but the footer plans and GCI's past work suggest the rest will be wood. 

It could still use steel structure.  Or even mixed structure, using steel in the areas unseen by guests.

• Like 1

There was more buzz about Banshee

1. Because it was replacing SOB so people expected sometime grand.

2. Track was spotted at the Clermont Steel plant for it.

3. It was after Diamondback so people thought it was going to be something bigger

I myself I'm not to worried about the size of this thing. Which ever company is building it I'm sure it's going to be an amazing coaster kind of like a mini version of The Beast with some nice airtime.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 10

IIRC, with Banshee, we knew where the transfer table was going to be, where the station was going to be, and that it was an invert, we knew the lift hill, the only question was the angle prior to the announcements and leaked plans.

On project 2017, despite leaked plans several weeks prior to any announcement,  we don't have visual evidence of anything, but clearing and what appears to be access roads.  Honestly, there is just a lot less to actually discuss, plus you have to account that a decent chunk of project2017's discussion has mingled over to the KI 2016 thread due to the revised entrance for WWC, vine tunnels, move of the funnel cake stand, etc...  Little of Banshee's thread had anything to do w/ any ride/attraction currently in operation that season.  You also had a better angle for pictures from the tower, which meant that every week we got updated pictures that showed footings being poured and potential routing.  While we can see a good chunk of clearing from the train, we don't have good over head pictures that might show a clearer picture of what is happening.

• Like 5

It could still use steel structure.  Or even mixed structure, using steel in the areas unseen by guests.

The footer detail on the plans disagrees with you. 

• Like 2

Hope to see some name hints in the next 8 days... Lurking makes me think it will have an animal name. I keep thinking Timberwolf but it could be just about anything at this point

Sent from the future while riding #KIProject2017 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The footer detail on the plans disagrees with you. 

As far as we know, those foundations may only be for the north abutment section. It's unlikely, but possible.

• Like 2

On a lighter side I caught this on twitter. Our buddy Dan at it again if this is coaster wood then maybe they are rebuilding SOB Check out @GlauserDan13's Tweet: https://twitter.com/GlauserDan13/status/752299908347166720?s=09

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It could be for fencing between the coaster and the train. Not necessarily at the station but on the back half of the ride. They have to keep people and deer off the tracks and I think it would look more rustic with a wooden fence rather than chain link.

This part of the park has been in serious need of a revamp. This new coaster is putting rivertown in the spotlight.

I think we might see a possible recreation of the wild west, once again on the train ride. Complete with cowboys, Indians, horses and maybe even an attack scene at the(newly refurbished) fort. Throw in some pyrotechnics and you will have every train packed. Night rides on the train could become a new family tradition!

• Like 4