Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I'm still going with the name "Fenrir" for this coaster.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenrir

Might be a bit odd of a name for a coaster, but people seem to be liking the idea of a wolf, so what about Fenrir?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I've also said it waaay back on the thread.
Whoops, didn't realize that! So many posts and suggestions that most things get forgotten about...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Whoops, didn't realize that! So many posts and suggestions that most things get forgotten about...

NO WORRIES! There is a lot of posts in here so these things happen. I'm so freaking excited for the announcement!! This is going to be great!!

• Like 9

Honestly I think Rougarou would have been perfect for this project, as for other themes we obviously have some possible animal/creature names, wood/lumberjack. I can't really find anything too "western" that would match the hints.

Sasquatch doesn't match the hints? I already posted that America's top logging states also coincide with the most Bigfoot/Sasquatch sightings.

• Like 4

Has anyone found more "secret" pieces of web pages or any full test pages on their website yet?

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/edreamz-test

This section has been up for quite awhile. E-Dreamz is a web development company.

Go to a section of the website that will expand all the links on the left-hand side of the website, like this one: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/2014/the-ride

Then you can scroll all the way down and hit any page that's currently on the site. Several of the dead ones just redirect to the current homepage though.

I'm keeping an eye on https://www.visitkingsisland.com/2017. Currently, that just redirects to the home page. But if something's going to leak (whether unintentionally, or an intentional red herring), my guess is that it will be there.

Anything that is not officially public, or just not a page of Kings Island, will automatically redirect. Put random characters in after www.visitkingsisland.com/ and It'll redirect to the home page.

Correct. I'm aware of that. But at some point it might stop redirecting and give an error page instead, which is an indication that something will be there soon. And any test page (e.g. the fake Bat wing coaster site* from the days leading up to the Banshee announcement) may very well be there. (That said, now that I've suggested that, watch Don purposely tell the IT folks to change the URL they were planning to use for any tests. :P)

*And according to the second link in Haru-Kun's post in the quote above, apparently that fake site is still partially live.

• Like 5

There are so many clues so lets look closer. Over the river and through the woods to the train station we go. Makes me think of little red riding hood. Chickens run from foxes and wolves. The three little pigs built their houses wood, straw, and brick and the wolf tried to blow their house down. Wolves hide in the woods. Now here is a big one. Logs in the back of a ford truck. Why not a Dodge, Chevy, or GMC? You ford a stream and this links with a log ride. And this will have a wolf theme.

How about Varg, which means wolf in Old Norse language.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

There are so many clues so lets look closer. Over the river and through the woods to the train station we go. Makes me think of little red riding hood. Chickens run from foxes and wolves. The three little pigs built their houses wood, straw, and brick and the wolf tried to blow their house down. Wolves hide in the woods. Now here is a big one. Logs in the back of a ford truck. Why not a Dodge, Chevy, or GMC? You ford a stream and this links with a log ride. And this will have a wolf theme.

GREAT CATCH! That kind of confirms that it will in fact roll, dip, fly, and dive over WWC.
Wait, why are we thinking this is a Ford truck? I'm only remembering the one pic at the moment but looked like a 64 Chevy to me. Besides we don't want to be Found On Rivertown Dead. See this pic as examples. d280033260f219ca2a4250fc0243952b.jpg

From... http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/blog/index.php/category/featured-trucks/1960sfeaturedtrucks/

The heartbeat of the forest.

• Like 12

I mean it is possible, but Sasquatch doesn't fit the Rivertown theme IMO, obviously I have no idea what the park is going to name it or if they will stick to the area theme. 

I don't know. Were there Bigfoot sightings back in frontier days? haha I think some kind of wolf theme seems very likely as well.

• Like 2

Why is everybody ignoring the bear possibility as well.? Grizzly has been used as a coaster, but I don't think Kodiak has. Just throwing stuff out there:)

The more names we post, the better chance of somebody getting it right. That is unless it isn't named yet as somebody suggested earlier.

• Like 7

How about Varg, which means wolf in Old Norse language.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Varg sounds like an old, angry Hungarian woman. 

• Like 12

Just noticed this on twitter.

Cn0aRe6XEAEr299.jpg

I have been expecting this for a little while now. Looks like the wood for the retaining wall has arrived.

Confirmed it is for the retaining wall.

Portions of it are now in place.

Also noticed they have excavated out between the tracks and the new wall.

It's quite a bit lower than the tracks are now.

• Like 5

Now that I think about it, those steel beams with those (I'm assuming) 6x6's between them would be a setup like a retaining wall that they would backfill. Odd that they didn't just do concrete as that lasts longer, but this looks like they'll be raising the ground level there. 

• Like 1

Agropelter sounds kinda neat if you ask me. A beast that throws crap at ya! Its almost like the coast is throwing braches at you since you will be zipping through the trees!

Or, in the case of SoB... it might not be from the trees.

• Like 4

Agropelter sounds kinda neat if you ask me. A beast that throws crap at ya! Its almost like the coast is throwing braches at you since you will be zipping through the trees!

Or, in the case of SoB... it might not be from the trees.

Its a cool name.....I wouldn't mind if that is what is was called. Only if it is a woodie though....

Ehhhh....Would be cool wood or steel. Just a cool name.

• Like 3

Just guessing with names here so I'm going to roll with "Manticore" . The manticore is a Persian legendary creature similar to the Egyptian sphinx. It has the body of a red lion, a human head with three rows of sharp teeth. According to Wikipedia it lives in a "tropical forest jungle" setting

I love this name for a future Giga in a different area of the park. Doesn't really fit in Rivertown but it's really cool!

#TeamSplintercat

LOL no I already have future plans for a Giga called Shooting Star over in the Coney Mall area but then again I don't work for CF or have any say. But hey a guy can dream

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Although it sounds rather unlikely even to me, I'm curious to see if the name of the ride is Christmas-y in any way.  Over the river and through the woods; the falling trees signs sure look like big pines going down.  It's not uncommon for folks to put a train around their Christmas tree.  Oh, AND it's Christmas in July next week. 

Hmmmm.  Reindeer Run?  LOL.  Heck, that's as good a guess as some of the others I've seen here I suppose.

Carry on...

• Like 5

Besides we don't want to be Found On Rivertown Dead.

So you'd rather have a Chevroletdown?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Find me a cool acronym for Chevrolet and I'll let you win. But like a rock I think you'll be stuck in the mud.

Edit: As quick as a Lightning Rod I realized I missed my opportunity to use Fixed Or Repaired Daily.

• Like 6