Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Can Hear Every Valve Rap On Long Extended Trips

Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time

Cracked Heads, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks Every Time

Constantly Having Every Vehicle Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques

Condition Hopeless, Entire Vehicle Relies On Leftover Engine Technology

Back on subject, I'm excited about the announcement!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 15

Yeah, I had suggested something Paul Bunyan and/or Babe the blue ox related. So long ago, I'm not surprised it wasn't noticed or remembered. "Bunyan Run" I think is my favorite play on that.

I had considered compiling a list of all the names people have suggested through this thread, but it was a bit intimidating of a proposition. I may yet, if I get bored in the days leading up to the announcement.

• Like 10

Hope to see some name hints in the next 8 days... Lurking makes me think it will have an animal name. I keep thinking Timberwolf but it could be just about anything at this point

Sent from the future while riding #KIProject2017 using Tapatalk

I want it to be named "Ned Beatty."

I thought it was just going to be a lovely walkway, or a new greenspace, or restaurant, to be honest. I thought all that ride talk was pipe dreaming.

I'm surprised to see a new larger scale ride coming so soon after Banshee and the new flats, and really surprised at the rides location.

Now you"ve all got me caught up in the speculation.

I really have to get used to this Oiumet guy.

• Like 10

So no one thinks they may re route the train? That wood looks like the wood of a railroad track.....

I speculated earlier that they might. I even drew a proposed new train route on the east side of DB, then I kind of cooled my jets when I didn't hear any more reports of tree clearing in that area.

• Like 2

So no one thinks they may re route the train? That wood looks like the wood of a railroad track.....

I speculated earlier that they might. I even drew a proposed new train route on the east side of DB, then I kind of cooled my jets when I didn't hear any more reports of tree clearing in that area.

Maybe still a possibility. It just looks like railroad wood. Maybe taking it wider on the south side of it.

• Like 4

It's not railroad ties. Railroad ties are soaked in creosote or something similar and look black. Those appear to be standard treated lumber. 

• Like 3

It's not railroad ties. Railroad ties are soaked in creosote or something similar and look black. Those appear to be standard treated lumber.

I present a contrary ad. http://m.lowes.com/pd/Pressure-Treated-Railroad-Tie-Actual-5-5-in-x-5-5-in-x-6-ft/50449508
  • Like 5

Did the Banshee name get leaked before the announcement? Any chance this name gets leaked?

Terp claims (I don't doubt him, but have never seen a link to proof either) that he mentioned the name Banshee roughly a full year prior to its announcement. Being so early, he claims it went almost completely unnoticed, except by Don.

As mentioned, the name was trademarked early in the season, so it was out there as a possibility that many had in mind, but those speculating weren't sure if it was really for KI's project or not. CF had trademarked it prior, and was ready to call a ride (Raptor?) by that name before some backlash led them down a different track.

It was Mantis that was supposed to be called Banshee.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 6