Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Moving BSC could be useful. It's kind of poorly placed, right smack in the middle of that area with a bit of room on each side. It would be nice to see a flat across from it (behind DB near Cornerstone) but I know that area is often used for special events. It's just very bare and would be a great location for a large flat as the ground there is very flat.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I agree. Paramount did a lot of odd things to the park. Glad to see them gone.

• Like 2

Some new markers have shown up in the WWC cannon area.

Including this one in the ground in the middle of the path:

dc9dcdccfedf3e479db44c7ea9836103.jpg

A wider shot to show location

336f4f9d4267fff69c5a0c73c7297872.jpg

There are also some new ones between the entrance and exit queue just before the stairs, where those trees have been marked for some time

4291dc056fd9776ce697755780ff2d7e.jpg

8c7901d9a2250d55ac53e4defbc5212c.jpg

And across past the fences into the old queue

1a50f6786fcaa1905778ecac0d35e342.jpg

• Like 19

BLSC will most likely not be moved, honestly. What is the ROI in doing so? Why not just add a thrill ride to that area? It would be a huge expense to move it. And how often does that really happen? Coasters do get moved within a chain, but I don't recall a coaster being moved within a park to a new location. Seems very unlikely.

On the new coaster, I am just awaiting an announcement from KI. This will be a great addition I am sure. No matter what manufacturer or specs it has, this is sure to be a great addition. If this is coming from GCI, I am hoping for something along the lines of Thunderhead at Dollywood. It proves that bigger is not always better.

• Like 8

CGI

Think: Prowler with some nice elements over the water and through the woods.

Theming will be solid.

Will be a win for KI.

yw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to KIC!

Also I'm thinking a Prowler like drop followed by a White Lightning like layout. I'm gonna guess it will be in the 3000-3500 ft range and will be a fantastic ride that fly's through the woods. 

• Like 8

I don't see the Backlot Stunt Coaster being removed. Good intermediate coaster and I see a line all the time. Every coaster can't be 200ft and over. KI is trying to provide a wide variety of coasters and rides. Some extreme, some not so extreme. 

We are not saying they will remove it. I think it should be moved to be honest. The spot it is in is taking up a chunk of land where they can put a couple different things. There is a big area of grass on the back side just sitting there. Not saying you do not want any grassy spots but this area could be used. Move back stunt coaster over by x flight I mean Firehawk and but the cars back on the old site and bring in a big flat.

The problem with moving a coaster is that typically the cost to move one is around 50% of the cost to build it new.  The cost is just too extreme to just move it across the park.  The location is just terrible but it just too late and expensive to fix.  On the plus side if it does get moved the theming would not be moved.

I believe there is enough room to fit an antique car ride without moving the coaster, or to fit several flat rides.  The main thing is to move the fence closer to the coaster and possibly route the walking path closer to Diamondback.  For an antique car ride put load either near the stunt coaster or the bumper cars.

• Like 2

BLSC will most likely not be moved, honestly. What is the ROI in doing so? Why not just add a thrill ride to that area? It would be a huge expense to move it. And how often does that really happen? Coasters do get moved within a chain, but I don't recall a coaster being moved within a park to a new location. Seems very unlikely.

On the new coaster, I am just awaiting an announcement from KI. This will be a great addition I am sure. No matter what manufacturer or specs it has, this is sure to be a great addition. If this is coming from GCI, I am hoping for something along the lines of Thunderhead at Dollywood. It proves that bigger is not always better.

Backlot is just poorly placed. That's what we were talking about. It would be a nice spot for a huge flat and bringing back the old time cars. Will they ever do that no. I feel if CF had owned the park back then there would not be a coaster sitting on that spot right now. Oh well....we can only dream.

• Like 4

I would like to see BLSC go. Particularly because of its piece of prime visual real estate. It's just not a pretty sight, particularly when compared to the scenic antique cars that preceded it in the same location. I have thought that the area could be a great location for a new scenic lake, perhaps with a Ferris wheel next to it. The entrance to the Ferris wheel in Coney Mall, or, possibly, International Street, near the Grand Carousel. Perhaps also a new sit-down restaurant overlooking the lake.

Bringing back the cars would certainly be welcomed by me too!

Otherwise, I could also see a nice, twisty woodie, maybe with some heavy scenery (trees, shrubs, etc.) around it, looking fantastic there as well.

• Like 7

I would like to see BLSC go. Particularly because of its piece of prime visual real estate. It's just not a pretty sight, particularly when compared to the scenic antique cars that preceded it in the same location. I have thought that the area could be a great location for a new scenic lake, perhaps with a Ferris wheel next to it. The entrance to the Ferris wheel in Coney Mall, or, possibly, International Street, near the Grand Carousel. Perhaps also a new sit-down restaurant overlooking the lake.

Bringing back the cars would certainly be welcomed by me too!

Otherwise, I could also see a nice, twisty woodie, maybe with some heavy scenery (trees, shrubs, etc.) around it, looking fantastic there as well.

We could only hope. I feel we may have to wait until BLSC is too old and no one rides it.

• Like 4

There are more paths developing off of the gravel one started in the clearing by the new WWC entrance

The sort of wandering nature of these (and the markers set up for presumably more paths) are what was making me think 'tiques again.

Guess we'll know in a week.

What's lurking in the woods?      The antique cars?  LMAO!

• Like 4

There are more paths developing off of the gravel one started in the clearing by the new WWC entrance

The sort of wandering nature of these (and the markers set up for presumably more paths) are what was making me think 'tiques again.

Guess we'll know in a week.

Any kind of paths you see now are for equipment and supply movement. Even if, for some odd reason, they were going to put antique cars in this project somewhere, the roads for them would be made after the coaster structure was completed. 

• Like 1

If it was a wood coaster......wouldn't there be huge shipments of wood. Where are these hiding at?? has anyone been by the steel factory? Any sites to be seen there?

Need some footers before a big pile of wood.  No reason to have stacks of stuff sitting around of you don't have the space.  

Judging by how the materials showed up just-in-time for the retaining wall, I expect a well-oiled construction schedule here.  

• Like 8

If it was a wood coaster......wouldn't there be huge shipments of wood. Where are these hiding at?? has anyone been by the steel factory? Any sites to be seen there?

Need some footers before a big pile of wood.  No reason to have stacks of stuff sitting around of you don't have the space.  

Judging by how the materials showed up just-in-time for the retaining wall, I expect a well-oiled construction schedule here.  

So where does all this wood come from? I am sure wherever the wood is ordered from may have it all ready to be shipped. I wonder if it is a close facility. A drive by there could be huge if anyone knows where the wood is shipped from.

Home Depot? haha

• Like 2

Does anyone think any PR or higher ups from CF or KI get on here and try to throw us off?  Or try and see what we are guessing?

As for the pic above :

About T.S. Garnett Construction, Inc.

Oxford, Ohio 45056

Our main lines of business include: Excavating Contractors, Septic Tanks--Installation & Service, Sewer Contractors, Site Development.

• Like 3