Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

If it was a wood coaster......wouldn't there be huge shipments of wood. Where are these hiding at?? has anyone been by the steel factory? Any sites to be seen there?

Need some footers before a big pile of wood. No reason to have stacks of stuff sitting around of you don't have the space.

Judging by how the materials showed up just-in-time for the retaining wall, I expect a well-oiled construction schedule here.

The way I understand it alot of the wood coasters are prefab so it coms in sections. I imagine we will start see things by the end of August.https://youtu.be/sKSV9tnRnkM If you have the time check out this video shows a little how coasters are constructed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That footer is from one of the old QTVs that Cedar Fair removed before FUNTV.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You were are former ride operator? You don't have to go into detail, but I was just wondering exactly how much training is involved for ride operators?

• Like 1

If it was a wood coaster......wouldn't there be huge shipments of wood. Where are these hiding at?? has anyone been by the steel factory? Any sites to be seen there?

Need some footers before a big pile of wood. No reason to have stacks of stuff sitting around of you don't have the space.

Judging by how the materials showed up just-in-time for the retaining wall, I expect a well-oiled construction schedule here.

The way I understand it alot of the wood coasters are prefab so it coms in sections. I imagine we will start see things by the end of August.
If you have the time check out this video shows a little how coasters are constructed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Still where are these prefabbed at? I mean somewhere not too far has to have all this wood? haha Id like to see this!

• Like 1

This is going to have something unique, i dont see them teasing, and having a big announcement for a small "beastie" size coaster.

Maybe it will be a fully emersive coaster in some way. VR optional or something. No one has explained or guessed what the "zones" on the blue print are....

Zone 1a

Zone 1b

Zone 1c

Zone 2

Zone 3

They have to mean something if they are on the blueprints right?

Glad you brought this up because I wanted to mention this a while back.

I'm almost 95% confident that the relevance to that just means that is the order in which construction will take place. It does not mean that is the way the layout will travel.

This is done so they get the things they can get done now, before the season ends. As an example they might not be able to work on Zone 3 because it would interfere with daily operation of the train or other rides.

My guess is we won't see Zone 2 or 3 until Haunt/Off-Season.

• Like 3

RMC

3500'

190'

Drop of 186'

72 mph

3 inversions.

I like the way you think but I am not sure that RMC would build that tall???
I'm not agreeing with Beast Gal but Fredd Grub basically said the sky is the limit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

RMC

3500'

190'

Drop of 186'

72 mph

3 inversions.

Wildfire is 187 feet. What's 3 more feet?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I just didn't know.....I wasn't saying they won't......Hell a 200ft RMC would be intense!

• Like 1

Man, That is a big chunk of land cleared. This thing may be bigger then we think!

not all of that land is necessarily for the coater, CF has been making grand plazas for their new rides. You have to think that a lot of that land could be concrete for the plaza and the queue. They would also need land for a gift shop coming out of the exit, I imagine they'll capitalize on that as well.

• Like 6

I know people love The Racers. Would anyone be against an RMC conversion with those? lol

The Racer revived the roller coaster industry in the 70's. It has a very important place in coaster history and untouchable IMO.

But Cedar Fair removed the racing coaster at my park. So I certainly wouldn't put it past them....

• Like 6

I know people love The Racers. Would anyone be against an RMC conversion with those? lol

The Racer revived the roller coaster industry in the 70's. It has a very important place in coaster history and untouchable IMO.

But Cedar Fair removed the racing coaster at my park. So I certainly wouldn't put it past them....

I am sure they will never do anything with those. Just a conversation piece. As for that chunk of land. The last 2 grand plaza's were because they made a front entrance and a marina entrance. This coaster doesn't have an entrance near it. I wouldn't be so sure about the " grand plaza " treatment with this coaster. I can tell they may not need the little sun block things over the lines because they could be in shade from trees. I hope this is a ground hugger like Maverick. Flying through the woods ground level twisting and turning and driving through tunnels would be awesome! No...not saying Intamin. Anything with a big drop going fast  and down through tunnels. Man I am excited! haha  

• Like 2

RMC

3500'

190'

Drop of 186'

72 mph

3 inversions.

Wildfire is 187 feet. What's 3 more feet?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I just didn't know.....I wasn't saying they won't......Hell a 200ft RMC would be intense!

Well Lightning Rod is technically 206' tall (something they don't really advertise for some reason) and it's pretty intense.  Not really ever open but intense.

• Like 3

Man, That is a big chunk of land cleared. This thing may be bigger then we think!

not all of that land is necessarily for the coater, CF has been making grand plazas for their new rides. You have to think that a lot of that land could be concrete for the plaza and the queue. They would also need land for a gift shop coming out of the exit, I imagine they'll capitalize on that as well.

I suspect the entrance, exit, gift shop, etc will all be located where the old funnel cake stand was located. The park will not want the expense of another train crossing.

• Like 5