Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Man, That is a big chunk of land cleared. This thing may be bigger then we think!

not all of that land is necessarily for the coater, CF has been making grand plazas for their new rides. You have to think that a lot of that land could be concrete for the plaza and the queue. They would also need land for a gift shop coming out of the exit, I imagine they'll capitalize on that as well.

I suspect the entrance, exit, gift shop, etc will all be located where the old funnel cake stand was located. The park will not want the expense of another train crossing.

Right, I do not expect a " grand entrance" with this coaster. Not like Gatekeeper and Valravn

• Like 2

You know what sucks....well sucks for a coaster enthusiast is paying all the money to go to say Busch Gardens and they have like 4 roller coasters haha. They are great coasters and I know they are a more family oriented park. Oh well just ranting. I was going to go to Williamsburg this summer but changed my mind to go to Carowinds. Hershey Park is my 2017 park. 

• Like 4

I know people love The Racers. Would anyone be against an RMC conversion with those? lol

All The Racer needs is a fresh coat of paint and maybe some LED lighting going up the first hill

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

And buzz bars.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Can we keep this thread focused on decoding Project 2017?  Photos of coasters interacting with water are great to look at...I enjoy it...but perhaps better left to another thread.  Same with discussion about other parks and coasters, including other KI coasters.

Signed, Secondson - not trying to sound grumpy. ;)

• Like 5

Can we keep this thread focused on decoding Project 2017?  Photos of coasters interacting with water are great to look at...I enjoy it...but perhaps better left to another thread.  Same with discussion about other parks and coasters, including other KI coasters.

Signed, Secondson - not trying to sound grumpy. ;)

That does apply to this thread. The water part of the ride will be probably the most scenic part and is the area of work on the blueprints. Very little going on in here right now anyway.

• Like 6

Sorry, gotta roll my eyes about "very little going on in here". A /lot/ has been going on and being ignored to discuss random crap instead, from my point of view. Confirmed its a retaining wall, and lumber most likely for the coaster has arrived.

There's plenty going on /here/, at the park, and I'm doing my best to share it with everyone.

• Like 27

smh.......who cares what we talk about in here? We are talking about KI in general. We are talking about KI Coasters and sharing ideas and pictures. Don't come in here and suggest  or tell us what we can or cannot talk about. Who are you to say so anyway.......gtho

• Like 1

Sorry, gotta roll my eyes about "very little going on in here". A /lot/ has been going on and being ignored to discuss random crap instead, from my point of view. Confirmed its a retaining wall, and lumber most likely for the coaster has arrived.

There's plenty going on /here/, at the park, and I'm doing my best to share it with everyone.

I, for one, definitely appreciate the photos and captions. You're doing a great job documenting the progress as it continues.

For some folks like me who can't make it to the park as often as we'd like, your photos really put things into perspective.

As for the random and basically pointless "crap" that's been being discussed rather than decoding, that quite well sums up my lack of commenting.

That being said, Thanks for the photos MagLiz! Keep 'em comin!

• Like 17

But Cedar Fair removed the racing coaster at my park. So I certainly wouldn't put it past them....

Cedar Fair removed the entire park from my park... But that's a story for another time...

Since I missed the numbers game, here's my entry: 3250ft / 165ft

Maverick44, define "popular" because Magnum, Gemini, Raptor, and Gatekeeper are huge people movers every season. Maverick and Dragster barely fit in the top 10 in ridership.

And no, CF is not purchasing the lumber locally.

Yes, they will be adding to the area, more than just the new ride.

What else did I miss?

• Like 5

We are reading your posts. The posts are not coming so quickly that nobody can keep up. IMO pictures of coasters going over water apply to this thread.  I do appreciate your pictures big time. Thanks!

To add to that....We have been talking about this new coaster all day. Sure at times we get a little sidetracked but who is it hurting. There really isn't a lot of information to "decode". I just don't see the need to come in here and tell us to not talk about anything else but this project. After you have not posted at all today. I am not talking about MagLiz. You have posted great pictures and keep them coming for us who can't make it to Ki that often!

• Like 2

But Cedar Fair removed the racing coaster at my park. So I certainly wouldn't put it past them....

Cedar Fair removed the entire park from my park... But that's a story for another time...

Since I missed the numbers game, here's my entry: 3250ft / 165ft

Maverick44, define "popular" because Magnum, Gemini, Raptor, and Gatekeeper are huge people movers every season. Maverick and Dragster barely fit in the top 10 in ridership.

And no, CF is not purchasing the lumber locally.

Yes, they will be adding to the area, more than just the new ride.

What else did I miss?

Are you kidding. Maverick is top 6 in ridership. Show me your facts sir. Maverick may have the longest lines of any ride at that park.

First, let's look at the top 10 coasters:

1 Gatekeeper 1,898,204 2 Millennium Force 1,721,918 3 Raptor 1,414,447 4 Magnum XL-200 1,355,861 5 Gemini 1,298,304 6 Maverick 1,153,896 7 Iron Dragon 1,092,242 8 Top Thrill Dragster 1,077,885 9 Mantis 925,667 10 Wicked Twister 794,264

That is from Cedar Point itself.

• Like 3