Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Again:

Polite request: can we please not include the original pictures when replying to posts.

As for the photo I quoted a few pages back that apparently prompted this comment: I quoted a single photo from a post with two photos, that was several posts up the page, and added a comment that would make a lot of people go back up to look at it. Hence, I felt it was reasonable to quote it once for easy reference. The subsequent discussion, however, continued to include the photo in the quote, and that was probably unnecessary. :)

• Like 6

I know I'll be getting some criticism for this, it might even be deleted or something (I may do it myself), but I don't care.  I need to vent. 

This is going to be my last post in this thread.  The lack of nuance, intelligent conversation, and lack of ability to see things through reality and not through rose colored glasses is just becoming too much.  I've had it.  Its not fun anymore to figure this ride out in this thread.  Its become a farce concerning the dialogue.  I and many others have tried to contribute in positive ways only to get bogged down by nonsensical discussion and not being respectful of others' opinions (this whole RMC vs GCI discussion especially, its the new Intamin vs B&M and not in a good way). 

Magenta Lizard- you've done an incredible job covering this and seeking out clues and showing the progress.  I can truly appreciate that as I did a similar venture covering Banshee's construction for the site I used to belong to.  I know how much time and effort it takes and you've done a wonderful job.  

This site needs to do better in quality control, especially for such a first hand source of KI information that people come to use.  You know all that buzz Banshee got around here and the likely buzz this project is now creating?  Yeah, all those people have to wallow through this crap to get to it.  That's a disservice to your audience, not just coaster fans, but the general public. 

silver2005, sitting back, listening to jazz, and sitting it out until the announcement. 

• Like 21

I know I'll be getting some criticism for this, it might even be deleted or something (I may do it myself), but I don't care.  I need to vent. 

This is going to be my last post in this thread.  The lack of nuance, intelligent conversation, and lack of ability to see things through reality and not through rose colored glasses is just becoming too much.  I've had it.  Its not fun anymore to figure this ride out in this thread.  Its become a farce concerning the dialogue.  I and many others have tried to contribute in positive ways only to get bogged down by nonsensical discussion and not being respectful of others' opinions (this whole RMC vs GCI discussion especially, its the new Intamin vs B&M and not in a good way). 

Magenta Lizard- you've done an incredible job covering this and seeking out clues and showing the progress.  I can truly appreciate that as I did a similar venture covering Banshee's construction for the site I used to belong to.  I know how much time and effort it takes and you've done a wonderful job.  

This site needs to do better in quality control, especially for such a first hand source of KI information that people come to use.  You know all that buzz Banshee got around here and the likely buzz this project is now creating?  Yeah, all those people have to wallow through this crap to get to it.  That's a disservice to your audience, not just coaster fans, but the general public. 

silver2005, sitting back, listening to jazz, and sitting it out until the announcement. 

....and you tell other people to calm down?   I respect your opinion, but it's coming off as "holier than thou". You know nothing more than anybody else and just because some people don't agree with your CGI prediction( I personally have no opinion on coaster type), you don't have to take it personally.  If people want to make predictions or even speculate on coaster types that aren't likely to happen, I am happy to read them because NOBODY KNOWS at this point. Maybe not by the "supposed" blueprints, but nobody from KI has confirmed those so everything is still possible.

• Like 10

Again:

Polite request: can we please not include the original pictures when replying to posts.

As for the photo I quoted a few pages back that apparently prompted this comment: I quoted a single photo from a post with two photos, that was several posts up the page, and added a comment that would make a lot of people go back up to look at it. Hence, I felt it was reasonable to quote it once for easy reference. The subsequent discussion, however, continued to include the photo in the quote, and that was probably unnecessary. :)

I think it was my post that created that comment. I went to editor and deleted the two pictures and left my comment. Maybe it was both of us?

• Like 6

First and foremost, MagentaLizard, I look forward to seeing your posts, because you've done so much great work contributing to speculation. I haven't gotten to the park as much as I'd like to have, but through your pictures, I feel like I'm sitting next to you on the train, or standing in line for WWC with you. Maybe someday that'll be reality.

Secondly, didn't a few of y'all try to scale the layout and come of with a length of around 3250, without elevation? Just throwing this friendly reminder out there.

Third, I do hope it's a good transitional coaster. I feel we need something between Racer and The Beast size wise.

Which brings me to the fourth part of my post, my stats guesstimate.

Length: 3362-3397

Height: 126 ft.

Drop: 103 ft.

Speed: Somewhere around maybe 62 MPH, at the most.

Manufacturer: GCI or GG, but maybe even RMC. Could be any of them at this point.

If I were naming it? I'd probably call it Splintercat, because I've grown attached to that name.

Whatever it ends of being, some people will be happy, others will not. But either way, I'm sure it'll end up as someone's favorite. Happy speculating! 6 more days!

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

• Like 13

My whole thing is to just take the facts we are given and go from there. I think it dose a disservice and creates confusion when people say that it is one thing or another. I love the info that ML has provided. Nice job on the pics. It helps us ask questions and talk about WHAT WE THINK IT MIGHT BE. Sure we get a little side tracked sometimes but that happens sometime in treads. As for me I'm not going to say who is making what I'm just going to take the info given and make my own judgement and talk about what I think it might be and see what others think.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 6

First and foremost, MagentaLizard, I look forward to seeing your posts, because you've done so much great work contributing to speculation. I haven't gotten to the park as much as I'd like to have, but through your pictures, I feel like I'm sitting next to you on the train, or standing in line for WWC with you. Maybe someday that'll be reality.

Secondly, didn't a few of y'all try to scale the layout and come of with a length of around 3250, without elevation? Just throwing this friendly reminder out there.

Third, I do hope it's a good transitional coaster. I feel we need something between Racer and The Beast size wise.

Which brings me to the fourth part of my post, my stats guesstimate.

Length: 3362-3397

Height: 126 ft.

Drop: 103 ft.

Speed: Somewhere around maybe 62 MPH, at the most.

Manufacturer: GCI or GG, but maybe even RMC. Could be any of them at this point.

If I were naming it? I'd probably call it Splintercat, because I've grown attached to that name.

Whatever it ends of being, some people will be happy, others will not. But either way, I'm sure it'll end up as someone's favorite. Happy speculating! 6 more days!

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Wow someone who gets it and makes a judgement of facts that we know

• Like 3

....and you tell other people to calm down?   I respect your opinion, but it's coming off as "holier than thou". You know nothing more than anybody else and just because some people don't agree with your CGI prediction( I personally have no opinion on coaster type), you don't have to take it personally.  If people want to make predictions or even speculate on coaster types that aren't likely to happen, I am happy to read them because NOBODY KNOWS at this point. Maybe not by the "supposed" blueprints, but nobody from KI has confirmed those so everything is still possible.

Find 1 quote I wrote where I berate someone for disagreeing with me.  You can sift through my posts in my profile page.

• Like 1

Are we just abandoning the blueprints and the size of the construction site and just making up stats?  Those lateral supports are gonna support a hyper sized woodie or hybrid that'll be super steep?  Where are the lateral supports for all these inversions you guys are speculating on?  What kind of inversions?

Dream on. 

Also, I thought GavPenn had all the answers to the layout and such.  Why is he 'guessing'?

Also, some of you need to seriously calm down.  

You are telling people "dream on" with their predictions. If somebody doesn't believe those are the blueprints then that's their prerogative. I personally feel they are legit, but KI hasn't confirmed it so you have no right to berate others predictions IMO.

• Like 4

The problem is some are saying what the think it might be as fact and it's confusing some people if people I have no problem with people guessing. Just don't present what you think as fact. Cause the truth is the only ones the know what is fact or fiction aren't talking right now. Have an opinion but but don't confuse it with facts.

• Like 6

Actually, when they submitted them to the City, they confirmed them......

People allow their desires to blind themselves to facts. I'd prefer to actually use the facts to figure out whats going on, but if people want to hope and dream its something else so be it. This is the internet. There is no penalty for being wrong.

• Like 5

Actually, when they submitted them to the City, they confirmed them......

People allow their desires to blind themselves to facts. I'd prefer to actually use the facts to figure out whats going on, but if people want to hope and dream its something else so be it. This is the internet. There is no penalty for being wrong.

Well exactly. Like I said, I think the blueprints are legit, but I'm sure not going to berate somebody for dreaming big. If they state it as fact then yeah. Maybe we have had a few posts here and there like that. Didn't bother me. I posted a  pic of a coaster going over water because I'm pretty sure it relates to what this one will do. Didn't know the internet police would be out. I've not even made a prediction for this coaster(other than a name guess), so nobody can call me out for that stuff.

By the way: I want to thank everybody who has taken the time to take pics from the park and post them here. Bravo!!!!

• Like 7

Glad you asked about the "unused station" if you were confused by it, because you probably weren't the only one. I had to pick some sort of shorthand to refer to different areas because I couldn't be writing out a long description of the area every time. It's easy to forget everyone isn't as familiar with the details of the train route as I've become :)

That pic I posted yesterday of the new gravel road with the equipment on it, the gravel starts there in the station, as you can see in the wrapped lumber pic. I'll admit that I didn't ever pay much attention to what it looked like before, but as I remember it, there was just grass before behind that fence. I'll have to look way back to see if I have any pics.

And btw, good catch on the footing in one of my pics, was it Goble? I didn't notice it at the time or in the pic when I posted it, but it is indeed another of those old ones like Don had us tracking down during the Coasterstock scavenger hunt.

1b84eeeac7ccb2c3db01271ea7fd3bad.jpg

• Like 22

Are we just abandoning the blueprints and the size of the construction site and just making up stats?  Those lateral supports are gonna support a hyper sized woodie or hybrid that'll be super steep?  Where are the lateral supports for all these inversions you guys are speculating on?  What kind of inversions?

Dream on. 

Also, I thought GavPenn had all the answers to the layout and such.  Why is he 'guessing'?

Also, some of you need to seriously calm down.  

You are telling people "dream on" with their predictions. If somebody doesn't believe those are the blueprints then that's their prerogative. I personally feel they are legit, but KI hasn't confirmed it so you have no right to berate others predictions IMO.

TThe lift depicted in the blueprints is not long enough to accommodate a 180+ ft lift (look at Banshee's and Diamondback's for comparison).  The lines (you know, all those straight lines, which would maybe be barrel rolls and stalls and would still have curved transitions because RMC heartlines their rolls and GCI would follow suit,  ) in the blueprints and the lack of lateral supports don't suggest more than a few inversions (no more than 1) when GavPenn was predicting 7-8 in previous posts. 

That's not disagreeing based on emotion and what I want.  That's based on logic.  

• Like 3

I will be at the park today and will be sure to post pictures! :)

My guess

Track length: 3,750 ft.

Manufacturer: GCI

Height: 135 ft.

Drop: 120 ft.

Speed: 63 mph.

On this day 17 years ago, July 22nd, 1999, Millennium Force was unveiled to the world and announced at Cedar Point. It would bring the Coaster Wars into the New Millennium. 

• Like 10

smh.......who cares what we talk about in here? We are talking about KI in general. We are talking about KI Coasters and sharing ideas and pictures. Don't come in here and suggest or tell us what we can or cannot talk about. Who are you to say so anyway.......gtho

Excuse me, not to be very rude. But this is a decoding topic about KIproject2017. If you want to talk about KI in general please happily go to my KI 2016 Discussion Thread, thanks.

• Like 11

I will say this.... the thread today while being a bit disorganized is MUCH better than it was during Starting to Decoding 2014, the topic will not always stay on topic and forcing it to stay on topic can be a bit annoying, I agree with you we should talk about this project, but compared to the chaotic 5 page off topic tangents the old thread went through, this thread has been relatively rainbows and sunshine. 

Enjoy this thread while we can, it will be gone in a week and another era of Decoding will be gone into oblivion already.

• Like 12

That's an awful lot of Pyro-Guard Exterior Fire-X by Hoover

352904ec7a1e805b115baf630ce49887.jpg

d8d355f0d1c26ccdfe06715db557085f.jpg

Whatever that is.

(The unused station seems to have found new use)

What's this unused station that everyone keeps talking about?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

This wood I believe is for the slats that connect the prefab pieces together and they have a distributor right here is Cincinnati not sure if that's were it came from.

• Like 5

I'll be happy with just about any coaster that goes in, except for the following:

1.  If it causes the removal of the log flume.

2.  If it goes backwards.

However, it could not even be a coaster.  Or it could be.  I'm looking forward to the major announcement next week.

• Like 8

Even though this is a fan created model on No limits 2 he follows the plans we have so I think this is something like we are getting

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalkhttps://youtu.be/0JHsr-l9aKU

KI is hyping the coaster big time, there is not way it could be that thing!

They're hyping it because it's new.

• Like 4

First, I'd like to encourage everyone to read the TOS that Dane (the site admin) set forth, which includes the following:  

"Respect - This is totally obvious so I'm not going into detail, but I will tell you this: if you get angry or frustrated, put out the flame thrower because a post that's disrespectful to another user, group, or individual is going to constitute a warning."

smh.......who cares what we talk about in here? We are talking about KI in general. We are talking about KI Coasters and sharing ideas and pictures. Don't come in here and suggest  or tell us what we can or cannot talk about. Who are you to say so anyway.......gtho

Let's see...I'm not Terp, that's for sure.   -_-  But I've been here for 8 years.  You've only been here for 2 months.  I may not be anybody, nor do I have several thousand posts (usually because I don't know what to say, and my opinions tend to be passionate, so I try to keep my mouth shut, although I sometimes have trouble biting my tongue) - BUT, I wasn't trying to tell you what you could or could not talk about.  I wasn't trying to offend you or anyone.  I was just making a friendly suggestion to keep it on topic.  It's an unspoken courtesy thing in message forums, and I think others share that opinion.  Sometimes we have time limitations and can't weed through all the posts which have nothing to do with the subject of the thread.  There are other threads in the forum where some of these posts can be made.  That's all I meant.  No harm, no foul. ;)

We are reading your posts. The posts are not coming so quickly that nobody can keep up. IMO pictures of coasters going over water apply to this thread.  I do appreciate your pictures big time. Thanks!

To add to that....We have been talking about this new coaster all day. Sure at times we get a little sidetracked but who is it hurting. There really isn't a lot of information to "decode". I just don't see the need to come in here and tell us to not talk about anything else but this project. After you have not posted at all today. I am not talking about MagLiz. You have posted great pictures and keep them coming for us who can't make it to Ki that often!

I DID post earlier in the day...about 4 hours prior.  (Maybe you overlooked that post.)  But I don't spend every waking hour checking for updates.  If contributing a post every day is what keeps a member in good standing, then you might want to have a talk with Terp.

• Like 8

You know what sucks....well sucks for a coaster enthusiast is paying all the money to go to say Busch Gardens and they have like 4 roller coasters haha. They are great coasters and I know they are a more family oriented park. Oh well just ranting. I was going to go to Williamsburg this summer but changed my mind to go to Carowinds. Hershey Park is my 2017 park.

InvadR is going to be great, even though the name is misspelled. Wait til that one opens, then a trip to BG will be worth it. If you go, you should also check out the eastern shore of VA. Chilled-out version of the outer banks.

• Like 4

smh.......who cares what we talk about in here? We are talking about KI in general. We are talking about KI Coasters and sharing ideas and pictures. Don't come in here and suggest or tell us what we can or cannot talk about. Who are you to say so anyway.......gtho

Excuse me, not to be very rude. But this is a decoding topic about KIproject2017. If you want to talk about KI in general please happily go to my KI 2016 Discussion Thread, thanks.

:) And we were. Thanks.

• Like 1

First, I'd like to encourage everyone to read the TOS that Dane (the site admin) set forth, which includes the following:  

"Respect - This is totally obvious so I'm not going into detail, but I will tell you this: if you get angry or frustrated, put out the flame thrower because a post that's disrespectful to another user, group, or individual is going to constitute a warning."

smh.......who cares what we talk about in here? We are talking about KI in general. We are talking about KI Coasters and sharing ideas and pictures. Don't come in here and suggest  or tell us what we can or cannot talk about. Who are you to say so anyway.......gtho

Let's see...I'm not Terp, that's for sure.   -_-  But I've been here for 8 years.  You've only been here for 2 months.  I may not be anybody, nor do I have several thousand posts (usually because I don't know what to say, and my opinions tend to be passionate, so I try to keep my mouth shut, although I sometimes have trouble biting my tongue) - BUT, I wasn't trying to tell you what you could or could not talk about.  I wasn't trying to offend you or anyone.  I was just making a friendly suggestion to keep it on topic.  It's an unspoken courtesy thing in message forums, and I think others share that opinion.  Sometimes we have time limitations and can't weed through all the posts which have nothing to do with the subject of the thread.  There are other threads in the forum where some of these posts can be made.  That's all I meant.  No harm, no foul. ;)

We are reading your posts. The posts are not coming so quickly that nobody can keep up. IMO pictures of coasters going over water apply to this thread.  I do appreciate your pictures big time. Thanks!

To add to that....We have been talking about this new coaster all day. Sure at times we get a little sidetracked but who is it hurting. There really isn't a lot of information to "decode". I just don't see the need to come in here and tell us to not talk about anything else but this project. After you have not posted at all today. I am not talking about MagLiz. You have posted great pictures and keep them coming for us who can't make it to Ki that often!

I DID post earlier in the day...about 4 hours prior.  (Maybe you overlooked that post.)  But I don't spend every waking hour checking for updates.  If contributing a post every day is what keeps a member in good standing, then you might want to have a talk with Terp.

:)  :) :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  .... I promise to play nice!

• Like 3