Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

If they build it right this time and not rush it, go for the 200 foot wooden roller coaster, but I'd be happy with what other people are predicting the height to be. I like whoever said that this thing would be awesome if it was built like Prowler. My call/guess is a GCI wooden roller-coaster.

• Like 5

Hey guys, just put out a new video for kiproject2017.  SO EXCITED for the announcement on Thursday!  If anyone is interested I have made a Facebook event for the announcement which can be found here:  https://www.facebook.com/events/1738540639759191/

We (OhioValleyCoasters) will be at KI for the event above and will be hanging around all day so lets meet up and ride some rides and make last minute speculation videos!  

We will continue to make weekly updates for the KI construction so make sure to subscribe to our channel: www.youtube.com/c/ohiovalleycoasters/

Here is the newest video: 

• Like 5

The actually wood you saw is what i speculate will be used for the retaining wall. The pallets to the left of the train covered in white shrink wrap is what i speculate may be the first pieces to the coaster itself..... And i totally see nothing sad about finding out what the new ride is. Dont get me wrong its been fun but its time for it to be over too.

Ill be at the park all day Thursday and Friday hope to see you guys there!

• Like 5

Don't want to get anybody's hopes up as I still think more likely this is a medium size coaster, but if the coaster did hit 200 ft, it would be the tallest wood coaster in the world. I started that other thread entitled: Why Hasn't Anybody Built A Wooden Hypercoaster Yet?

• Like 5

I think this ride will be a GCI similar to Prowler with a unique twist or so to it. I expect it to be around 100-110 ft. in height., and 3200-3500 in length. The layout points to a GCI in multiple ways: One being the maintenance structure that the train goes through before entering the station. This structure is on the prints and most GCI's have it. Secondly, the bolt holes in the metal that secures the structure to the foundations are triangular in shape, similar to GCI's. I'm still hoping for an RMC though!

• Like 6

The only thing that has me doubting it'll be family sized... a lot of the GP assumes Adventure Express is a wooden coaster(sadly) and The Racer could be considered a family sized coaster, not too big, not too small. I feel like much of the GP would just assume this is really no different than those. The Beast is completely different in that it is totally massive, but I really don't feel like the park would build something new that would just kind of "blend in" in a sense. KI builds their coasters to be unique and stand out. If this is a GCI, I really don't think it is going to be a "typical" GCI.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

So I was looking at the drawings again. If we go by the key view, (which my be fake) the lift hill after the bend is 345ft in length from start to top of the left hill. If you use the lift angle of most older coasters of around 26.5 deg, you get a height of 172, but here is the kicker. If you go with the angle which a lot of new coasters have been using of 30 deg, then you get a 199ft height. That is using the scale of the area of work section that measures 60ft in length. So quite interesting. Terp did say we would be surprised. Do you really think they would push the 200ft woodie height again? I can't imagine they would. I just can't wait until Thursday.

Sent from my iOS 10 device

Ah HA....so maybe it WAS the number 198 I saw lurking in the top right corner of that teaser pic.  Interesting.

• Like 7

So I was looking at the drawings again. If we go by the key view, (which my be fake) the lift hill after the bend is 345ft in length from start to top of the left hill. If you use the lift angle of most older coasters of around 26.5 deg, you get a height of 172, but here is the kicker. If you go with the angle which a lot of new coasters have been using of 30 deg, then you get a 199ft height. That is using the scale of the area of work section that measures 60ft in length. So quite interesting. Terp did say we would be surprised. Do you really think they would push the 200ft woodie height again? I can't imagine they would. I just can't wait until Thursday.

Ah HA....so maybe it WAS the number 198 I saw lurking in the top right corner of that teaser pic.  Interesting.

Wow....and the current world record is 197. Something to think about.  Cool your jets presto!

• Like 2

I've been following this thread from the beginning. I knew about the old Rivertown Funnel Cakes building being razed quite some time before the park even opened. I've been to the park over 30 times (open until close) so far this season and looked for clues and watched the developing destruction and finally construction with interest. I've seen the plans but don't know what to make of them.

Less than a week from the announcement, I still wouldn't be surprised by just about anything they might say. I still really don't know what this is going to be! I thought by this time we'd have it all figured out, but honestly my speculation is still only limited mostly by the educated guesses I assumed from the beginning of the season (probably not a Giga in that location, CF isn't likely to work with Intamin, that kind of thing).

• Like 21

The only thing that has me doubting it'll be family sized... a lot of the GP assumes Adventure Express is a wooden coaster(sadly) and The Racer could be considered a family sized coaster, not too big, not too small. I feel like much of the GP would just assume this is really no different than those. The Beast is completely different in that it is totally massive, but I really don't feel like the park would build something new that would just kind of "blend in" in a sense. KI builds their coasters to be unique and stand out. If this is a GCI, I really don't think it is going to be a "typical" GCI.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I did mention in my post that I think this GCI will have a unique element or two. Maybe a couple of inversions. A first for GCI? I don't know if they have done that yet.

• Like 2

Well here is my stab at it.....

Manufacturer - GCI

Height - 110 ft

Drop - 105 ft

Top Speed - 65 mph

Length - 4,752 ft

Bonus** Train Colors - Blue and Green

I kind of expect it be a smaller coaster that zips in and out of the woods and over water and our lovely Train and do so quickly.

I really hope I'm wrong on one off these and the set a record at one of those spots they dont have (Of couse The Beast still holds record for the longest).

• Like 5

Height - 110 ft

Drop - 105 ft

Top Speed - 65 mph

Length - 4,752 ft

I really hope I'm wrong on one off these and the set a record at one of those spots they dont have (Of couse The Beast still holds record for the longest).

With a drop of only 105', I doubt it will be capable of reaching a speed of 65mph. Unless, of course, it drops down in a ravine similar to Banshee to pick up more speed midway through the ride.

• Like 4

Don't want to get anybody's hopes up as I still think more likely this is a medium size coaster, but if the coaster did hit 200 ft, it would be the tallest wood coaster in the world. I started that other thread entitled: Why Hasn't Anybody Built A Wooden Hypercoaster Yet?

Somebody did build a hyper wooden coaster....and the outcome was not good.

• Like 7

Height - 110 ft

Drop - 105 ft

Top Speed - 65 mph

Length - 4,752 ft

With a drop of only 105', I doubt it will be capable of reaching a speed of 65mph. Unless, of course, it drops down in a ravine similar to Banshee to pick up more speed midway through the ride.

Yea im not sure any of that makes sense... I dont know them down to detail like that... just taking a stab at it. Everyone else was doing it and i felt left out. ; )

• Like 3

2956668f50.jpg

2965464fa9.jpg

Is this where you saw the 198?  Is there another number to the right of that where I have circled?

• Like 3

So, not to get anyone's hopes down as I believe this may be a fluke/reference to CP's Gatekeeper, but I found this hidden gem when looking through the previous posts (there was a link to a hidden, outdated area of KI's website where I found this):

atupvm.png

I'm pretty sure this was in reference to Cedar Point's Gatekeeper, but nevertheless, I believe this is still a woodie and we're not stopping until we know the truth.

• Like 2

Somebody did build a hyper wooden coaster....and the outcome was not good.

But many of us have fond memories...

• Like 4

So, not to get anyone's hopes down as I believe this may be a fluke/reference to CP's Gatekeeper, but I found this hidden gem when looking through the previous posts (there was a link to a hidden, outdated area of KI's website where I found this):

(image removed)

I'm pretty sure this was in reference to Cedar Point's Gatekeeper, but nevertheless, I believe this is still a woodie and we're not stopping until we know the truth.

As freaks76 said, that is a leftover from a "live test" that they did shortly before Banshee was announced. It was an interesting diversion that came, IIRC, shortly after the plans leaked (which was not until about a week before the announcement, unlike the two months early this time around), and was probably intended to throw us for a loop and make us question what we really thought it would be (as the leaked plans made it fairly clear what we were getting). A few people here took the bait hook, line, and sinker.

• Like 7