Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

You know I just thought about it... @kingsislandpr has realesed the same pic everyday since the count down in the morning with a caption counting down the days. Anyone checked each picture to see if there's Maybe something different in each one

Sent from the future while riding #KIProject2017 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

So I was looking at the drawings again. If we go by the key view, (which my be fake) the lift hill after the bend is 345ft in length from start to top of the left hill. If you use the lift angle of most older coasters of around 26.5 deg, you get a height of 172, but here is the kicker. If you go with the angle which a lot of new coasters have been using of 30 deg, then you get a 199ft height. That is using the scale of the area of work section that measures 60ft in length. So quite interesting. Terp did say we would be surprised. Do you really think they would push the 200ft woodie height again? I can't imagine they would. I just can't wait until Thursday.

Sent from my iOS 10 device

According to the scale given on the drawings for the Area of Work, extrapolated out for the entire length (3250ft), the straight section is at most, 280ft long. From that, our height would be between 140-160ft based on the incline angle. If they push the incline to 35° that would get them to 196ft.

• Like 2

So I was looking at the drawings again. If we go by the key view, (which my be fake) the lift hill after the bend is 345ft in length from start to top of the left hill. If you use the lift angle of most older coasters of around 26.5 deg, you get a height of 172, but here is the kicker. If you go with the angle which a lot of new coasters have been using of 30 deg, then you get a 199ft height. That is using the scale of the area of work section that measures 60ft in length. So quite interesting. Terp did say we would be surprised. Do you really think they would push the 200ft woodie height again? I can't imagine they would. I just can't wait until Thursday.

According to the scale given on the drawings for the Area of Work, extrapolated out for the entire length (3250ft), the straight section is at most, 280ft long. From that, our height would be between 140-160ft based on the incline angle. If they push the incline to 35° that would get them to 196ft.

You also have to take in account a length of track for the slope up to the incline and the top of the lift to transition from lift to drop.

• Like 1

Thanks for the detective work. A tall lift hill is one of my main "wants". I can only hope. Also, does Terp have access to inside info that none of us have?  Just asking as I am new to this board. Forgive my ignorance...

Those who know, do not speak

Those who do not know, speak

Unless you're Gav...

• Like 8

You also have to take in account a length of track for the slope up to the incline and the top of the lift to transition from lift to drop.

Correct, which is where the "at most" part came from.

Sometimes when you guys see things in the trees from the teaser poster, I really think you're grasping at branches for this stuff.

Haha! Did you see the 198? I can't un-see it now, but not sure I would have seen it in the first place had someone not posted that it was a 198. It could even be a 98 with a little stick in front of it. :)

• Like 2

I thought it was a pretty prominent S. More so than the 198 or whatever it is everyone else is seeing

c5b1af6e927b4932048e65d15a7aec0f.png

This may be a reach but I see a V there

Starting at the bottom of the tree to the left count the dark branches going up on the right side of that tree the V is between 5 and 6

Where's Presto with all his fancy circling when you need him

You can actually see the V and S in the first pic I posted. The letters appear to be the same size as well.

Sent from the future while riding #KIProject2017 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Ok first of all I don't see a coaster pushing 200 ft in height and only being about 3200 ft long. All the ones I seen built that push that mark are between 4000 and 5000 ft plus. I'm thinking of a height between 100 and 130 ft in height. If it is only going to be in the 3000 to 3500 ft in length.

Those who do their homework may not be experts but have facts that back up their opinions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Ok first of all I don't see a coaster pushing 200 ft in height and only being about 3200 ft long. All the ones I seen built that push that mark are between 4000 and 5000 ft plus. I'm thinking of a height between 100 and 130 ft in height. If it is only going to be in the 3000 to 3500 ft in length.

Those who do their homework may not be experts but have facts that back up their opinions.

Well... Phantom's Revenge is only 160' tall but has a 230' drop and is only 3200'. So why not? And Valravn is 223' tall and only 3415'. Anything is possible! And remember, it's 3200' without ANY elevation changes. It could be far greater than 3200' for all we know. Not saying this thing will break 200' or will not break it, but we just don't know! It is possible.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hmmm. When I zoom in, all I can see is "Obi-Don!"

ForceGhost.jpg

:P

And that is what is lurking in the woods.....

Hey that might make an interesting entrance at the Annoucement. Someone from PR coming out of the woods and saying "Sorry it ain't Bigfoot just an intern pecking around for clues."

• Like 12

Well... Phantom's Revenge is only 160' tall but has a 230' drop and is only 3200'. So why not? And Valravn is 223' tall and only 3415'. Anything is possible! And remember, it's 3200' without ANY elevation changes. It could be far greater than 3200' for all we know. Not saying this thing will break 200' or will not break it, but we just don't know! It is possible.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Well this dose not seem to be a steel coaster or a dive coaster. Not saying anyone is wrong just giving my opinion.

• Like 1