Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

^How did you figure it out?!? Well, there go my Thursday plans  :P

Well you see, as some have suggested, the hint about "Over the river and through the woods" is an allusion to Little Red Riding Hood.  What few people know is that Little Red Riding Hood was actually Jack's girlfriend...you know, from the Beanstalk tale.  Jack was just his nickname.  His full name was John.  Anyway, the two of them used to frolic around in the woods, and often would climb Jack's beanstalk to visit the giant who lived at the top.  You see, the giant wasn't such a bad guy.  In fact, he owned his own amusement park, complete with a fun little roller coaster that looked like a train, and he loved when little kids came to visit him.  Jack and Little Red loved the coaster, and had so much fun riding it.  (BTW, that's where the "Riding" part of her name actually came from).

Later, when Jack...er, Johnny (as Red called him)...learned that his beloved Red was eaten by a wolf, it made him very sad and he wanted to create a monument dedicated to her.  What better way to do that than to build a replica of the giant's roller coaster, and dedicate it to her!  So Johnny...er, Jack...climbed the beanstalk one last time to swipe the giant's gold coins.  And with them he was able to pay for the construction of a magical, fun-filled coaster of his own - and he dedicated it to Red.  He named it Johnny's Little Red Choo Choo.  Oh, there was a HUGE celebration throughout all the land.  Even the last little pig came out of his brick house to join in the festivities.  It's said that the spirit of Red rides the coaster day and night, and whenever Jack is down he hops on himself so he can once again ride with the love of his life.

Well, now the cat's out of the bag. Oh, well!

JLRCC.jpg

:P Tb, keepin' it fun...

HA!!  Wow, you have some great Photoshop skills!

Again, just speculating. More like dreaming, knowing my luck and what I'd like to see at the park. I'm not really holding my breath about anything related to the project. For all I know, it could be Johnny's Little Red Choo-Choo Kiddie Coaster and only goes 25' high.

Kiddie rides are underated. Rode Flying Ace Aerial Chase last night love that ride.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've had some fun on The Beastie when the ride ops would let us go through for 2-3 rides in a row when there weren't any people in line.  That was years ago.

• Like 10

According to Coasternet it has been confirmed a GCI because of a source close to the company, and they are fairly reputable so in my mind it comes down to statistics and elements at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a smaller coaster,because of the time from Banshee and previous installations, but I could also see this as a larger coaster somewhat like Prowler. I am just happy for another wood coaster, it has been a while since Ohio has seen a new wood coaster.

Here is the tweet claiming it to be confirmed GCI: https://twitter.com/COASTERnet/status/756831736957370369

• Like 8

I think this will be a Prowler-esque GCI with a unique element or two that sets it apart from other GCI's. I base this on all of the decoding everyone on this site has done. I also think there is a consensus here based on the height, speed and length of this ride based on the layout and other prints that go with it. The real mystery, however, is what those unique elements are going to be:  Inversions, tunnels, etc.? Then again, there may be nothing unique about this GCI....but it just seems they are building this up pretty much for only adding an average coaster. Having said that, I did hear Prowler is a great ride. I guess the stats on it are all average, but stats aren't always everything in a coaster.

• Like 6

Only problem I've ever heard about any of the RMC coasters is Lightning Rod it's the launch that RMC didn't build go watch a pov of Wildfire @Kolmården that ride is rolling everyday. I'm saving $$ to go ride this next season amazing elements and layout.

I'm very excited for anything new we get at Kings Island!! I was really hoping for RMC since Giga went out the door. But GCI is fine by me. Even if it's a medium sized coaster gimme some speed and air I'm a happy rider!!

• Like 2

I did not mean it in the fact that they are unreliable as a manufacturer but have had more problems then GCI, which I understand does not have a launched coaster yet. I just threw out some reasons that could possibly sway a park to pick other manufacturers.

Oh no you are fine. I didn't mean to call you out specificly. I have seen that it has been thrown around in this thread multiple times. I just happen to be reminded by your post to talk about it. Which is why I didn't quote you or anyone directly. :)

• Like 6

Also New Texas Giant.

I know that the trains were not designed or built by RMC, but it was horrible nonetheless. It surely cast doubt on the company in the minds of Cedar Fair execs if it was under consideration. If you don't believe me on that remember that that accident caused them to add seat belts to Diamondback, a completely unrelated coaster from B&M who has a perfect safety record.

• Like 7

People blaming RMC and stating its 'Reliability' is questionable really don't know what they are talking about.

The only RMC to ever have reliability problems is Lightning Rod. And it's not even RMC it's the company that engineered the launch lift. Texas Giant accident also does not count. As RMC did not produce that train.

Using reliabilty as an excuse to rule RMC out is somewhat irresponsible as an "enthusiast"

I've come to realize there are two types of enthusiasts. Those that truly care about rides and attractions and how they work, operate, and are built. And then there are just the ones that want to know when it opens. Not saying it's bad, just frustrating when people don't realize which group they are part of.

Lightning Rod and Wildfire had issues with the restraints as well. That is potentially a serious issue.

• Like 3

CF has a good working relationship with GCI. And who knows maybe they have a contract to build and rehab a number of coasters. I have been impressed with RMC . And I can see CF working with them in the future. Me personally I like to see both a GCI and RMC at KI.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not saying I know who is doing Project 17 cause I don't just saying if they those GCI over RMC that this could be a reason.

• Like 3

A bit late to the topic but I find it interesting that they are going to announce this coaster this early and prior to footers being poured. I guess they learned from Banshee how easily it was for a the coaster enthusiast to identify what type of coaster and manufacture we were going to get based on the design and footer placement. Banshee was easily decoded in my opinion.

• Like 7